I know its a bit early, but here is my list with new rules

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

jgascoine011
Warrior

I know its a bit early, but here is my list with new rules

Post by jgascoine011 »

Well pretty much all the rules have been posted up, inc points, options, magic etc so i thought i would have a go at writing a 3000 point list. I have never played dark elves before but have played against them far too many times so i am coming at this from a completley unbiased opinion (well trying to be unbiased).

Lords
Sorcerer Lvl 4 with metal
Black dragon egg (kind of funny to turn your sorcerered to T6 with a S2 breath weapon, hell if some1 gets to combat with her she might aswell try and do some damage b4 she dies)
Dispel scroll

Hero's
Hag
bsb
50 points of equipment allocated
Cauldron
This i am unsure of rules but the model is so beautiful that i just want to use it.

Tulluris (or what ever his name is..the executioner dude)

Core
2 units of 12 xbow men
1 unit of 15 xbow men (has the +1 Ld banner)
2 units of 10 corsairs with xbows (used running up and redirecting/shooting other redirectors...with effectively 17" range weapon they are not half bad

Special - i am literally maxed out on special
8 Cold One's with flaming banner to go hunting hellpits and hydra's (oh no wait :p)
Actually i am tempted to drop this unit and put the flamming banner on a xbow unit, i mean with really only the hellpit now being the only monster with regen, is with worth it to have 1 dedicated unit as anti-monster hunting.

39 Executioners with the +1 movement banner
The cauldron will join here and all of a sudden it is half way across the board turn 1 (if it needs to be)
Also with executioner dude (see hero section) giving them frenzy they will have 3 attacks each with the cauldron - everyone knows how hard the tombguard horde is, well this is that but better IMO.
1 question though, does the cauldron give them a 5+ ward in combat for being khanite? I imagine not but would be just awsome if it did.

4 bolt throwers (yes 4 of these bad boys)
It will ovbiously still depend on their rules, if they can multi-shot without penalty they are in, if not then its 2 hydra's instead

3 scourgerunner chariots
I think these are great for their points but i will be proxying tombking chariots until i get familiar with them and also until the new models come out.

Rare
Medusa girl - meah for 90 points she is kind of fun

I was considering adding 2 units of 5 warlocks on horses but if the cauldron is a bound spell then i just wont have enough power dice to justify having a lvl 4 in the list

Any comments?
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: I know its a bit early, but here is my list with new rul

Post by Ehakir »

Please... if you don't have the book yet, don't post any realistic army lists. Except if you do not expect constructive comments, as right now your list just describes your enthousiasm. Which is great, but as long as point costs are not known to people, it will not be possible to give constructive critisism. In addition, the current strong choices of the book are far from known yet, so if you are looking for these, you will have to wait some more.
The only thing I could think of is the medusa; I don't know if it is going to be a competative choice (if you even are looking for a competative list).
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.