2,800 point list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

MexicanNinja
Shade

2,800 point list

Post by MexicanNinja »

I just ran the following list at a closed list tournament. I ended up winning best general (2 massacre wins and a draw in the last game). With both massacre's I lost 400 points or less while 1 opponent had only half a unit of chosen WoC w/mark of nurgle and the Empire player being tabled. I had a draw against a good Lizardmem list and a great lizardmen general. At any rate, this is the list I used.

Dreadlord w/heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, dark pegasus, ogre blade, talisman of preservation, ToTS
Supreme Sorceress w/lore of death, level 4, dark pegasus, cloak of twilight, dispel scroll
Master w/BSB, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, sword of might, enchanted shield, dawnstone
Death Hag w/witch brew, obsidian blade, cauldron of blood
10 Dark Riders w/musician, standard, shields, RXbows
5 Dark Riders
24 Black Guard w/full command, standard of discipline
Cold One Chariot
Cold One Chariot
RBT
RBT
5 Warlocks

Very mobile, and it can still hit hard. Being that this was a closed list event, no one was ready for the 5 poisoned attacks from the death hag. Re-rolling hits and wounds was amazing. At one point a unit of Khorne knights failed a frenzy test, charged the cauldron/black gaurd and then got wiped by the hag.

I took the black guard because the second game was watch tower. The plan wasn't to start in the tower, but to charge it and take it. If I got the frenzy spell off they would have 30 attacks re-rolling hits and wounds (I had the cauldron with 6" of the unit). I held the tower all game. The one unit who did charge them didn't get a chance to attack. It was a fun list and people often forgot about the dread lord, until it was too late. During my last game, he held a unit of 30 skins with 3 krox's, and his slann in place for 3 rounds of combat (time was called as my blackguard/chariot was about to slam into the flank).

The chariots were money as well (I haven't played a game without 2 chariots in almost 3 months now). I love them, normally I run a unit of 10 Cold One Knights, but I needed something for the tower and had much success in the past with a unit of Black Guard sitting in it. They proved to be good once more.

The lists I played were WoC, Empire, Lizardmen.
Aurelius
Trainee Warrior

Re: 2,800 point list

Post by Aurelius »

Congrats on your successes!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Congratulations on your result.
Interesting list. Very mobile and some heavy hitters.
MexicanNinja
Shade

Post by MexicanNinja »

Thank you.

Yes, I like to have the mobility to pick and chose my fights. I also love to hit my opponents hard and make them taste my cold steel! When the combo charges all hit, it's an amazing site.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Nice list & result. Congrats! :D
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame