Fast Cav List of Doom!

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

npow34
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: Fast Cav List of Doom!

Post by npow34 »

Yeah that is right! Thanks guys.

Are you putting the dreadlord in the Lockstar?

What is the opinion on only using 9 warlocks in a Lockstar with the lvl 4 and 5 Masters? What is the advatage of 17 warlocks?
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Run as follows:

M M M St D M
W W W W S W
W W W W W W
W W W W W W

The ranks means the unit gets its 4++ vs Shooting /2++ vs Magic for longer, it also means the 'Locks cast at +5 and ranks to combat res!
Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

until it is FAQed, then it will be 4+ :P

still prone to dweller below, and annoying spell like that.
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Why would it be FAQ'd? The Ring has MR 3, and the rules say MR improves your ward by that much?

What bit needs the FAQ?
Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

meant the warlock casting at 5+.

a rank of model not-warlock shouldnt/wouldnt/hope wont allow +1 to cast.
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Ah, that makes more sense.

IMHO the best/cleanest way would be to reword it from ranks to ranks of models with the 'Warlock' rule (no book to hand for actual name....)
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Rasputinii wrote:I know you say your playing it for fun and don't think it's that competative. But I would say it's maybe the strongest list (with death or beasts, not light). It's meta changing. Very hard to get points from, safe from death magic. Very fast. Very very fast. Full on punch. Very dangerous magic. I personally like beasts for it. But either way, it has counters to everything. And it raises new questions. And it can completely redeploy in t.1.

It's just too awesome. The new filth. Everyone's starting to do it. It'll be big, I bet.

I could not disagree more. Very fast but an opponent with a fair amount of units and fast elements can pin you in very quickly. I played with a similar list against a WoC army sporting 4 chariots (two were marked Slaneesh) and he had me all cornered in little time. Kind of hard to flee from one chariots when another one is still in legal range and can drive you off the board with a subsequent charge declaration. Plus this army still doesn't pack any good counter to armies with a lot of 1+ armor saves. You'll bounce off of Skullcrushers or large blocks of Empire Knights.

Played the same army against a Wood Elf player who had more shooting than me. Granted..not a typical WE list but he designed a counter and it worked.

This list is NOT the unbeatable army list to end all lists.

Enkiel wrote:until it is FAQed, then it will be 4+ :P

still prone to dweller below, and annoying spell like that.

Amen! That is how my Woodelf opponent got me. Two-three successful Dwellers. After that I went home and added the Ring of Hotek to give him something to think about on those 6-dice castings.

@Cain The 'std' in your diagram...I assume that is BsB? Since Warlocks have no standard option.
Hinge
Slave on the Altar

Post by Hinge »

You could also be in trouble with a couple of the book scenarios. This list is an auto lose in Blood and Glory. More and more tournaments are including some scenario that includes fortitude in some way or another.

While less common (thankfully), Watch Tower is another scenario you could be in trouble with.

Hinge

PS You should have a huge advantage in a scenario like Dawn Attack.
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Gidean wrote:@Cain The 'std' in your diagram...I assume that is BsB? Since Warlocks have no standard option.

You are quite correct, the 'Bsb' made the 'diagram' to unaligned, haha.

Hinge wrote:You could also be in trouble with a couple of the book scenarios. This list is an auto lose in Blood and Glory. More and more tournaments are including some scenario that includes fortitude in some way or another.

While less common (thankfully), Watch Tower is another scenario you could be in trouble with.

Hinge

Spot on Hinge, in my local group we tend to only play Pitched Battle so its far less of an issue ;)
gerryb56
Trainee Warrior

Post by gerryb56 »

Chaff it up a couple of times put a couple of cannons through the flank of the front rank for 1/2 for a turn or two, with of failed LoS and then hitting it over the head with Final Trans should take some of the sting out of it.
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

All I can add to this is, yes my evil grows muahhaha.

Yes I am taking ownership of fast cav of doom. Because yes I posted the list and the BatRep, before this thread. Not meant to fight just putting my stake down is all.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Geist wrote:All I can add to this is, yes my evil grows muahhaha.

Yes I am taking ownership of fast cav of doom. Because yes I posted the list and the BatRep, before this thread. Not meant to fight just putting my stake down is all.

Ah, good! Do you have the original thread? Ill chuck a link in the OP. Top evilness by the way Geist!
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

Just look for the threads
"Thank you ArmyBuilder now fear the cav!!"
and
"Cav of Doom"

Ones in battle reports and one is in army list. Fairly easy to find.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Falstaff
Beastmaster

Post by Falstaff »

The fast cav. Deathstar has been around since the book was published. ETC immediately reacted in comping it..

What makes you think you're the only one to come up with that kind of list?? Maybe you're the first that has posted it on druchii.net but what does that say?
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Falstaff wrote:The fast cav. Deathstar has been around since the book was published. ETC immediately reacted in comping it..

What makes you think you're the only one to come up with that kind of list?? Maybe you're the first that has posted it on druchii.net but what does that say?

Sorry, who is this directed at?
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Guys...easy with the epeen. ;) This is all in good humor. Nobody is likely to get "Hortennse" status from this list.
Falstaff
Beastmaster

Post by Falstaff »

Ragian Cain wrote:
Falstaff wrote:The fast cav. Deathstar has been around since the book was published. ETC immediately reacted in comping it..

Sorry, who is this directed at?

Gheist. It just seems ridiculous making such claims.
Merry Christmas ;)
Rubencm81
Slave on the Altar

Post by Rubencm81 »

Ragian Cain wrote:
Gidean wrote:@Cain The 'std' in your diagram...I assume that is BsB? Since Warlocks have no standard option.

You are quite correct, the 'Bsb' made the 'diagram' to unaligned, haha.

Hinge wrote:You could also be in trouble with a couple of the book scenarios. This list is an auto lose in Blood and Glory. More and more tournaments are including some scenario that includes fortitude in some way or another.

Hinge

Spot on Hinge, in my local group we tend to only play Pitched Battle so its far less of an issue ;)

I play at 2999 and I have 10 fortitude points, playing 2x10 warlocks. Besides, we play all scenarios and this list is a pain in the ass. With 2 Rbt and 1 Cok unit, it is a pain.

PD: Lore of life final spell? No problem: cast Power of darkness, +1S till next DE magic phase. Your unit will only fails at 6.
Rubencm81
Slave on the Altar

Post by Rubencm81 »

Watch tower Scenario? As if you do not have access to roll 4d6 f5 brainless or put all your characters into a Cold ones unit with flame and re-roll to hit and to wound.
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Played against Wood Elves twice, 1st game he got Irresistible Force on Dwellers which killed my BSB, General, Sorceress, 2 Heroes & a butt ton of Warlocks in his 1st Magic Phase. Brutal.

LOSS

Rematch game played better, harassed his units with my Dark Riders to allow the WarlockStar to set up its charge, then it just overran into all his stuff. Glorious!

VICTORY (Dif of 420 pts)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Ragian Cain wrote:Played against Wood Elves twice, 1st game he got Irresistible Force on Dwellers which killed my BSB, General, Sorceress, 2 Heroes & a butt ton of Warlocks in his 1st Magic Phase. Brutal.

Ouch!

Have you experimented with Dark or Beasts for the S bonuses? or is Light synergising really well with the list?
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

So far I've tried both Light & Life, neither if which have been game changers, I've avoided Dark so far because of the Warlocks, may give it a whirl tho!
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Ragian Cain wrote:Played against Wood Elves twice, 1st game he got Irresistible Force on Dwellers which killed my BSB, General, Sorceress, 2 Heroes & a butt ton of Warlocks in his 1st Magic Phase. Brutal.

LOSS

This happen to me too against a WE list when I tried the all cav army. Dwellers is so brutal. Try taking the ring of Hotek. He might think twice about six dicing you.
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

I had the RoH, and he did miscast, but took no damage!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Ouch, you didn't have much luck that day.