Battle Brothers List - Need advice.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Zlatan
Dark Rider

Battle Brothers List - Need advice.

Post by Zlatan »

Hi all,

I'm going to a Battle Bros event in may (2 allied 1000pt armies per side, using the alliance rules from the rule book). I'll be teaming with Lizards.

What do you think of the following list? I'm concerned because we'll be a "desperate alliance", so no sharing scrolls/BSB re-rolls. What do you think we'd struggle against?

Sorceress Lvl 1: Metal. Dispel scroll.

Skink Priest Lvl 1: Beasts. Dispel scroll. (Not sure if you can have 2 scrolls, but I think you can as it is 2 legal 1000pt armies working together)

Saurus Scar Vet: Cold one, Shield, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm.

25 Saurus Warriors: Musician and Standard. Shields and HW.

10 Skink Skirmishers: Javelins and Shield

10 Skink Skirmishers: Blowpipes.

10 Darkshards: Musician. Standard.

5 Dark Riders: Standard. Crossbows. Shields.

20 Executioners: Musician. Standard. Gleaming Pennant

War Hydra: Fiery Breath

Reaper Bolt Thrower

3 Terradon Riders

Ancient Stegadon

5 Doomfire Warlocks.

Fairly MSU style with a good amount of shooting and versatile magic. We're hoping to be able to take out war machines quick with the Scar Vet, Terradons, and dark riders. I'm concerned about the fragility of the infantry though...
Last edited by Zlatan on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archamedius
Black Guard

Re: Battle Brothers List - Need advice.

Post by Archamedius »

Just an fyi, I think with both a sorceress AND a unit of warlocks, you will find your power dice stretched very thin. You might be better served dropping the sorceress and inserting a pegmaster instead, or a master to fight on foot with the executioners.
------

- Pain is Temporary, Knowledge is forever.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Not sure the dice should be too stretched. 6 levels of magic is often considered a fairly optimal build. Although I can see your point if the build is with a level 1. Seems to be a bit of nothing on the magic. Either get some decent magic or don't bother at all, as you won't really be able to dominate the phase and find you get no spells off.
Archamedius
Black Guard

Post by Archamedius »

Amboadine wrote:Not sure the dice should be too stretched. 6 levels of magic is often considered a fairly optimal build. Although I can see your point if the build is with a level 1. Seems to be a bit of nothing on the magic. Either get some decent magic or don't bother at all, as you won't really be able to dominate the phase and find you get no spells off.

The problem is they are desperate allies, so after they roll for winds of magic, they have to split the dice evenly between the players. So if 7 is rolled, one of them gets 4, the other gets 3. Say he gets the 4, that's still an abysmal magic phase even for druchii. The only way I see it working is to take lore of dark on the level 1, and auto take power of darkness, throw 1 die at it each round and use the extra power dice to fuel soulblights and doombolts (if you fail to cast power of darkness, you are out 1 magic die, if you successfully get it off, odds are you will net 1 or more power die).
------

- Pain is Temporary, Knowledge is forever.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Forgot that splitting the dice rule. Never used it.
In that case even less chance of achieving anything with magic across both races.
Zlatan
Dark Rider

Post by Zlatan »

Thanks for the feedback.

I forgot we had to split dice too. Bummer. I could replace the Sorc and bolt thrower with an extra crossbowman, the +1Ld banner for the execs, and a master on dark steed, with lance, dragon helm, sea dragon cloak, the other tricksters shard, and a dawn stone.

That'd be another fast wizard/war machine hunter, with 1+ rerollable and 2+ ward vs metal magic. Could be good?

What do you think of the rest of the list?