3500 pt game against Empire

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

thundrchickn
Slave on the Altar

3500 pt game against Empire

Post by thundrchickn »

I don't normally tailor lists to specific enemies but this point total is so abnormal that writing this up while thinking of my opponent is very hard. I don't mind much since I haven't played many hydras since the first couple weeks the new book came out. I have a few restrictions. Malekith and my pegasus lord are auto includes because they are awesome conversions and this point totals reason for being is due to including Malekith. I NEED to play him but I wont in smaller games because I'm just not feeling it. So here goes.

malekith

Peg lord w/ heavy armor, shield, Sea dragon cloak
-CoT & ogre blade

Death hag on cauldron bsb with banner of nagrath, and sword of antiheroes

L2 Shadow Sorc w/ sac dagger
L2 Metal scroll caddy

2 x 30 corsairs full command
60 spears full command
2x 10 crossbows full command

cold 1 chariot
2 bolt throwers

warlocks

My idea is to put the BSB/cauldron, malekith, spears in the center and just march down his throat. TH chariot, peg lord, and locks will hunt the 30 warmachines I bet I'll see and corsairs will hold the flanks and just meat grinder everything that tries to fight malekith and his "meager" bodyguard.

I have played this opponent many times and while he is a good player, he lost hard on last weeks tourney and our last game resulted in him getting table while scoring ZERO points off me so I'm not creating a super awesome murder at all costs list...which is odd cuz I'm playing DE.

My normal lists involve hellbron, the same 2 L2 wizards, kitted out bsb master w/ rampagers banner in 30 corsairs w/ hellron and the swift banner, another 30 corsairs, 10 crossbow wizard bunker, 1 bolt thrower, and 2 sets of warlocks for 2500 pts. It's not too different in play style but a few different models for a change of pace and I have a trillion spearmen so I think it's be fun to play this giant brick of dudes.