2500 Morathi list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

LordAK
Trainee Warrior

2500 Morathi list

Post by LordAK »

I recently bought Morathi and some Reaper Boltthrowers mini from a friend. Then came up with a random list and throw them on table. The list is as below:

LORD - Morathi

HEROES
Master - BSB, Cloack of Twilight (3+ Ward vs Missiles and Magic, Killing Blow and cause D3 Multiple Wound) , lance, Full Armour (1+ Armour), Dark Pegasus
Sorceres - Lvl 2 (Shadows), Dispell Scroll

CORE
25 Black Ark Corsairs - Full Command
25 Dreadspear - Full Command
5 Dark Riders - Musician, Repeater Crossbow
5 Dark Riders - Musician, Repeater Crossbow

SPECIAL
5 Shades
20 Black Guards - Full Command, Banner of Swiftness (+1 to Movement)
5 Cold One Knights - Full Command, Gleaming Pennant (Reroll 1st Failed Ld Check)
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
War Hydra - Flame Breath (S4 breath weapon)

I had 3 games with this list.

i. vs Beastmen: The Beastmen came with 4 Spellcasters and 3 blocks of Bestigors/Gors. They also have a trio of Chariot and a the pesky Jabberslythe. But the enemy made mistake of putting 3 of the spellcaster side by side (to gain extra power dice from their magical stone totem). The Winds of Magic was strong, two of the beast Shaman were killed by IF/Miscast. Even Morathi almost got sucked by the Dimensional Cascade in the First Turn. In the end, The Druchii won big, defeating the Beastmen without losing even a single unit.

ii. vs Orc and Goblin: The Orc was lead by a boar riding Special Character who happened to also be the BSB. 2 blocks of Night Goblins to the left flank. A block of 6 River Trolls and a large block of Savage Orcs in the centre, a block or boar riders behind them. On the right flank, the gigantic Spider and a chariot. Again, the Druchii won big, losing just the Cold One Knights and the Black Guards.

iii. vs Warriors of Chaos: The Chaos army was lead by a Lvl4 Tzeentch Wizard. The army consist of Skullcrushers (2 units), a Gorebeast Chariots, a large block of Tzeentch Warriors, some dogs (2 units), a Chaos Chariot forming the core. It also has a small block of Trolls and a Chimaera. The Lvl 4 Wizard Lord was killed by Dimensional Cascade in the First Turn while Morathi lost 3 magic level (Power Drain) in the Third Turn. Even without their General, the WoC is strong and this fight turned out to be real bloody for both side. By the end of turn 6, these are what left of my army..

Morathi (1 wound) that was rendered useless as a Lvl 1 mage with Soulstealer
Lvl 2 Sorceress
BSB
A Dark Rider unit that did nothing throughout the game due to the nasty 1+ armour of the Skullcrushers
3 Shades that was lucky to survive a fight against some dogs
12 Dark Elf Warriors
2 Reaper Boltthrowers

Quite a heavy casualty suffered by the Druchii, but the Chaos army was completely annihilated so it was a good trade.

For the next game, I am looking to add a Cold One Chariot to my list, if I manage to assemble them before the game that is. For the points, maybe drop the Shades and some Dreadspear perhaps.

These games was the first time I tried the Flying BSB setup. He was superbly good as support unit and can deliver the kill when needed.

Due to our local meta, Corsairs and Dreadspears in standard block of 25 are good enough to hold enemy charge and prepare my other units for flank charge and stuffs. They have so far performed well beyond my expectations.

The trio of Boltthrowers are okay. They were mediocre in the first game (mostly due to cover), somehow useless in the 2nd (I kept rolling 1s to wound) but were quite good in the later part of the third game (killed 2 Skullcrushers and wounded another).

I am looking forward to the next game.