2300 pts Dark Elves v Ogres

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Druchii36
Slave on the Altar

2300 pts Dark Elves v Ogres

Post by Druchii36 »

Planning to play against my friends Ogre Kingdoms army sometime next week. Haven't played since the new edition of the Dark Elves book. Will be playing 2300 pts. My army was built based on what models I felt like painting rather than for tactical reasons so its a case of going with what I have. As the model content is restricted to what I actually have I'm looking more for advice on Lord/Hero builds, magic standard etc.

So the list so far:

Lord

Supreme Sorceress (Dark)
Lvl 4 Upgrade
Channelling Staff
Crown Of Command
Talisman Of Preservation

Heros

Master
Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak and Great Weapon
BSB
Obsidian Amulet

Master
Cold One, Heavy Armour, Shield, Lance
Obsidian Lodestone

Soceress (Lore ???)
Lvl 2 Upgrade
Dispel Scroll

Core

35 Dreadspears
FC
Standard of Discipline

30 Black Ark Corsairs
AHW
FC
Banner of Swiftness

16 Darkshards
FC
Banner of Eternal Flame

10 Har Ganeth Executioners
FC

5 Cold One Knights
FC

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Kharibdyss

My friends has something like 6 leadbelchers, 7 Ogre Bulls, Butcher, Fire Belly, the Cannon thing, 20 Knublars, 2 Mournfangs, 8 iron bellies... the great weapon armed nasties... the ice elephant thing, some maneaters, and some of the big cat things.

So only plan I have at the moment is that the executioners work alongside the spearmen, with the spearmen being stubborn due to crown of comman (not sure should give this to the BSB so SS not with spearmen). Corsairs with banner of swiftness have M6 same as Kharibdyss so these can team up as well.

So advice/tips?

I've never actually beaten his Ogres. Not looking to be able to hands down beat them just looking for a fun game. :)