2000pts with Malekith on a black dragon

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Zarox
Trainee Warrior

2000pts with Malekith on a black dragon

Post by Lord Zarox »

This list was written just for a bit of fun, and to find out whether Malekith can be used on a black dragon at 2000 (or indeed at all).

Malekith on Seraphon

Steedmaster - full mundane/lance/charmed shield
Steedmaster - full mundane/lance/dragonbane gem
Master BSB on foot (goes in bleakswords) - dragonhelm/ironcurse icon/luckstone

5 dark riders - shields/xbows
12 xbows - musician
24 bleakswords - full command

cold one chariot
cold one chariot

5 warlocks

The main idea is to run the cold one chariots alongside the bleakswords with the BSB as a fairly solid backbone (with xbows supporting), meanwhile my vanguarders and malekith rush down the flanks. I tried this against an infantry empire list today (albeit a very poorly written list) and managed to get my opponent to concede by turn 3. My swords successfully held a charge from a some knights, then cold one chariots counter charged destroying the knights. My steedmasters made short work of a hellbaster volley gun (but for some reason my opponent wasnt running a cannon). Malekith, the warlocks and my other master ploughed down the other flank with a little help from shroud of despair. Seriously, using this spell on a flying, terror causing combat monster amplifies its power massively. After a cascade of my opponents leadership following Malekith wrecking a small unit of greatswords, half his army was on the run and at -4 to their leadership! Demigriphs, another small unit of greatswords, and a war altar of sigmar...all fled. Admittedly my success may have been due to my opponent's bad list - he was running greatswords and knights in small units for example- but Malekith still performed above my expectation. Circlet of iron was awesome, as it meant I could dominate the magic phase by getting the most out of power of darkness (whilst recovering wounds with soulstealer) and dispelling most of the s5 banishments and net of amyntoks heading my way.

The list lacks the sheer mass of bodies given how expensive Malekith is, but it is very fast, packs a strong punch and is extremely fun to play! After all, what better way to win than making your enemies flee in terror from the witch king himself? !lol!