2500 Dark Elves with a Swedish Comp of 13

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

MexicanNinja
Shade

2500 Dark Elves with a Swedish Comp of 13

Post by MexicanNinja »

Ok, I am trying to work on a Dark Elf list with a comp score higher than 10. If I did my math correctly, this list comps at a 12.7 (rounding up 13). I have a lot of work to do, before I could field this army, but here's the result:

Dreadlord w/shield, sea dragon cloak, sword of anti-heroes, glittering scales, talisman of preservation
He joins one of the infantry blocks

Supreme Sorceress w/lore of heavens, staff of sorcery, ruby ring of ruin
See sits in the darkshards

Sorceress w/lore of metal, level 2 wizard dispel scroll
runs with the corsairs for the anti armour spells

Master w/battle standard bearer, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, sword of might, enchanted shield, dawnstone
He joins one of the infantry blocks

Master w/great weapon, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, obsidian lodestone, ironcurse icon
He joins the executioners for MR3 and the 6++ for war machines

Master w/great weapon, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, ring of hotek
He joins the corsairs for the MR3

5 Dark Riders w/musician, shields, repeater crossbows
Does fast cav things

28 Corsairs w/full command, additional hand weapons, banner of eternal flame
Try and hunt down regen stuff or kill low armour save units

19 Darkshards w/musician, standard bearer, shields
The bunker for my level 3

24 Executioners w/full command, razor standard
Slap around units with high armour saves. I went with 24 because the comp difference from 24 and 25 was a 6 point difference and I was trying to stay between 13-14 with the comp score

Reaper Bolt Thrower
Shoots stuff

Reaper Bolt Thrower
Shoots stuff

Reaper Bolt Thrower
Shoots stuff

5 Harpies
Helps with re-directs and war machine hunting

5 Harpies
Helps with re-directs and war machine hunting

That's the list I came up with. I decided to ditch the warlocks because they get hit hard with comp and I decided that I would go a completely different route and have a strong infantry force. I went with two units of harpies because I don't have the peg-master with CoT in the list and I needed something to at least pose a threat to my opponents war machines. I really like the Medusa and decided that it is a great protector for my war machines.

With the master rocking the obsidian stuff I will get corsairs with MR2 and executioners with MR3. That should help with magic while trying to cross the gap. The dreadlord is just made to kill characters and help fight units holding multiple characters. He'll be getting hit on 5's and 6's by most things. That should help him stay alive and reduce the number of saves he'll have to make.

There's nothing to impressive for the cannon to shoot at, out side of the bolt throwers and medusa. I still have 4 re-directors or 5 if I need to use the medusa as such. I feel like the corsairs can do some serious damage against units with 5+ or 6+ armour saves and they will be dishing out a ton of attacks. The executioners should be able to scare off would be knight charges due to being S6 and armour piercing (I don't know of many people who want to get their knights into something with a -3 modifier).

I went with lore of heavens because I kept reading the spells and it can help out with many things. Here's my thoughts on how I would utilize the spell selection:

1) Lore attribute- It's not great but it has a chance to assist with forcing a few more saves on fliers. It's meh at best but it's still something

2) Harmonic Convergence- I like this one for the executioners because of them not benefiting from ASF and the re-rolling 1's to hit could help get more wounds through. For everything else, it's situational at best.

3) Iceshard Blizzard- I just think it's an all around great hex.

4) Wind Blast- This could help with a few things. Depending on the facing from the caster, I could push units to block charges for other units. It could be used to push units from medium to long charge ranges. I don't think it's a great spell but it's a cheap way to get some hits on a flier.

5) Urannon's Thunderbolt- Combo this up with the attribute and you could get a decent number of hits on a flier, could help clear chaff, and has a decent change to put wounds on a war machine. I really like the S6 for the hits.

6) Curese of Midnight Wind- I think this is a great hex. If you are worried about a unit with poison....hit them with this and now all those poison's get re-rolled. It could help with units making armour saves against my executioners. Again, I just think it's an all around great hex.

7) Comet of Casandora- This is the main reason for the lore choice. I have a small army and need to engage with it. This could assist me with getting my opponent to move toward my lines. A well placed comet in the enemy lines either forces them to chance a bunch of units possibly taking damage or try and move out of range from the comet. I think this spell has messed up my battle plans more than any other spell (since 7th edition). Once the comet marker hits the table, things happen fast!

8) Chain Lightning- At first, I wasn't thrilled with this spell. However, I then started to think about how this spell is useful. This is great for wood elves because they usually have multiple units of 10 in close proximity of each other. Sure, it's only D6 hits but they are at S6 and have the potential to force multiple panic checks. Well, who cares because elves have high LD values. Force enough LD checks and one will fail eventually. The other kicker was that between this and comet, it could put certain armies in a bad way. Need to deal with that herd stone crap....hit 'em with these. Are there a ton of skink darts running around together....hit 'em with these.

I have no idea how threatening this list looks or what the potential for it is. I will be test playing it with some proxies for the infantry blocks. I hope this army could work.