My recent SCGT list with a sprinkle of Undeath

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sangfroid
Executioner

My recent SCGT list with a sprinkle of Undeath

Post by Sangfroid »

Here's the list I took recently to SCGT, I'm postin it here as it was really fun to play and while I didn't place well overall (106 outta 196 I think) I actually won 4 lost 2 so from my perspective was a success. (SCGT has a interesting comp pack with scenarios I reccomend peeps take a look on TWF for it as it could be used in friendly games no problem)

I scored a comp 6 so got to chose layout, sides and go first 5 out of 6 games so that really helped.

I found the lore of Undeath to be quite nice and fun to play and directly lead to me winning 2 of the games (chaffing up a silver helm BoTWD bus & banshee screams and cheap necro spirit leech against Demi's ) but if I am honest with myself shadow, death or metal probably woudl have lead me to do better overall.

The lvl 4 kit was designed to give her a 4++ ward but also if I got the hand of dust spell as a character sniper, this worked in one of the friendly games on the Friday when I charged her into a slaughterbrute, every one was in stitches thinking I'd lost the plot, then I six diced the spell, hit and did 6 wounds mwwwahaaha I lost the game (anyone else hate cacophonous choir!!) but was a barrel of laughs. Then in my last game if could roll better than a 2 followed by a 2 for the reroll to hit I'd have won the game 16-4 instead of 12-8 so a useful spell but situational.

In any event I had a great time and fought some really tough lists for this list (3 x empire 1+ AS armies, silverhelm BoTWD bus, dwarf gun line and kairos, who I might add saved 13 out of 14 wounds I put on him God I hate that kairos :-) I won against the dwarves, 2 x empire and high elves

The sisters as always stole the show, taking on 5 plague drones and killing 4, holding up a empire inner circle knight bus for 5 rounds of combat, twice holding up a steam tank for 3+ turns. Also in the inner circle battle my handmaiden was one 5++ ward save roll away from killing his BSB in a challenge I'd have loved her to sneak that!

Dragon only died 2 times canon (obviously) and a 6 dice IF gateway (yeah love that kairos) the manti died 2 times also once to combat with 4 Demi's (poor judgement by me charging but had to get him outta the canons sights) and by crossbows (rider died so had to charge with Raaaargh) but in two battles he was vital by killing blow the dwarf BSB to break fortitude after chewing thru 18 iron drakes and in the last game killing the empire bsb to also break fortitude. Quite impressed with the manti who by the way is called "The Bandit"

Dreadlord: Ogre Blade; Armour of Destiny; Dragonbane Gem; shield; Sea Dragon cloak; Black Dragon 546
Supreme Sorceress: The Black Amulet; Dispel Scroll; Sword of Striking; Level 4 Wizard Undeath; Dark Pegasus 370

Master: Cloak of Twilight; heavy armour; lance; Sea Dragon cloak; shield; Dark Pegasus 188
Master: Charmed Shield; Talisman of Preservation; heavy armour; lance; Sea Dragon cloak; Manticore (Iron Hard Skin); Battle Standard 331

15 Black Ark Corsairs: repeater handbows; musician; standard bearer 185
15 Black Ark Corsairs: repeater handbows; musician; standard bearer 185
12 Darkshards: musician; standard bearer 164
12 Darkshards: musician; standard bearer 164

15 Sisters of Slaughter: Handmaiden of Shards; musician; standard bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame) 265

2,398 points