A trilogy of lists for your Perusal...

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Blickwither
Slave (off the Altar)

A trilogy of lists for your Perusal...

Post by Blickwither »

List A:

Malekith w/Dragon (original army book version, non-End Times)

5 Dark Riders w musician, shield and RXBs

28 Dreadspears w/ FC

5 Cold One Knights, FC, Flaming Banner

Repeater Bolt Thrower

War Hydra w Flaming Breath

5 Doomfire Warlocks

5 Doomfire Warlocks

Anybody have any better ideas of what to do with 70pts? I've heard RBTs work best in 2+ so him on his own just doesn't seem to gel with the rest of the army. Could potentially up the Cold Ones to 7 and have 8pts left for something?
-----------------------------------

List B Unnamed Character List in case anybody takes issue with Malekith (being the sassy belligerent Elf that he is).

Dreadlord
Black Dragon, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloack, Cloak of Twilight, Ogre Blade, Enchanted Shield

Supreme Sorceress
Lvl 4, Sacricifical Daggar, Mask of EEEEEE, Tali Pres

28 Dreadspears w/ FC

5 Doomfire Warlocks

5 Doomfire Warlocks

Am welcoming guidance on the Lore to take with the sorceress... Life or Shadow methinks... Originally this list only had a Lvl2 sorceress (with another big block of corsairs and a 2nd Hydra) but I just felt a Lvl2, even backed up by the magic shenanigans of the Warlocks, wasn't enough at 2k. Again, happy to take advice on that... Maybe Lvl 2 with Sacr Dagger in the Dreadspears would be enough with the Corsairs supported by the Hydra?

------------------------------------

List C - Morathi and the Pegmasters:

Morathi

Master
Dark Pegasus, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Sword of Might

Master, BSB
Dark Pegasus, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance, Cloak of Twilight

28 Dreadspears w/ FC

2x Repeater Bolt Throwers

5 Doomfire Warlocks

5 Doomfire Warlocks

Of course "Morathi" isn't actually Morathi but the High Bride of Cthulhu, Empress of the Tentacles. Made some revisions to it from the original list. Had a Cold One Chariot instead of the second Bolt Thrower, and dropped the Chill Blade on the first Peg Lord to enable the second to be the BSB.

So... thoughts? All are built around a fairly solid basis of Dark Riders, Dreadspears and Doomfire Warlocks. The Hydra (using the Kharybdis model) is more of a fluff choice given the Cthulhu theme. In ALL of them I could potentially drop the Cold Ones for a 2nd Hydra, which would give me 10pts elsewhere. However I was trying to make these lists out what I already have. I don’t have a 2nd RBT or Hydra, and am trying to avoid that expenditure. These are all pretty fast armies, which should be a refreshing change from the shambling hordes of undead...

Thanks for your feedback in advance