Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
~200 points left in 2500 against Skaven 
Trainee Warrior

HI guys,

just wanna invite you to a short discussion regarding my game vs my skaven-friend on the weekend. We play 2500 points and most of my list is set. It's a typical dark elves list with a horde of witch elves + cauldron, horde of executioners, lots of fast cav + bolt throwers.

Now I got around 200 points left to spend. My first idea was to field a Hydra because againt toughness 3 armies i think it's quite okay, it causes terror and it's forcing him to decide if he rather wants to shoot my cauldron or my Hydra...

Then yesterday I started painting my sisters of slaughter as the last unit I'm not done with. While painting them the idea of bringing them against the Skaven started to rise. I implemented them in my armylist as a unit of 14 (7 wide) with a standard and I really like the idea! There are far better targets for his shooting than this small unit and once they are in combat they are really nasty!

What do you think is the better option, Hydra or SoS? Or should I spend my ~200 points on something completely different?

Thu May 21, 2015 4:31 am
Slave (off the Altar)

Seriously? ... 8 doomfires. Done.

Rork edit: Let's keep it mature, shall we?

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:46 pm
Malekith's Personal Guard

Warlocks would be a good option, but the original poster already said he's taking lots of fast cav. Presumably that would include warlocks.

Either way, there's certainly nothing wrong with taking a hydra either. It will attract shooting, but sometimes you invite that because if it doesn't quite kill him, he can regen some of it, and also because it draws fire away from other stuff (fast cav, pegasus riders, etc)

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:55 pm
Malekith's Personal Guard

Sisters of Slaughter !

They are anti-skaven, as they break rank bonus and therefore -3 LD as soon as they reach combat most of the time ! Also no parry saves which is nice against lots of clanrats and slaves. Hydra is nice, but nothing compared to the Sisters when reached combat.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:16 pm
Trainee Warrior

Doomfire warlocks as you said but if you can't fit them in or just don't want to go, the hydra will be more effective against Skaven and provide target saturation.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:45 am
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Timiketh, expect a PM.

If you see a post you don't like, be sure to report it so we can deal with it.

Cheers,

Rork.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]