Super Fast Something Different

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

TheGrayMist
Trainee Warrior

Super Fast Something Different

Post by TheGrayMist »

I've got a tournament in August and was thinking of doing something like this. It's SCGT Comped which 'encourages' you to take units you don't normally field. There are soft choices you get bonuses for and hard units you get penalties for taking.

It's fast, designed to hold a strong flank with Chariot, Archers and RBT's and sweep quickly around a flank. Lots of shooting because tournament games tend to reach turn 4 and finish prematurely. The Lvl 4's Dark Rider unit is designed to be continually moving and shooting, maybe engaging some chaff or small units in close combat.

I'm looking for strength's and weaknesses and any possible tweaks to this list. Metal is one of my favourite laws but open to others if you think one would synergise better.

Supreme Sorceress - Metal
General; Level 4 Wizard
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Talisman of Preservation
1 Ironcurse Icon
Dark Steed

14x Dark Riders FC - Wizard mobile command centre. Designed to take a few wounds and still be useful in shooting. This unit may not see combat.

1x Master
Battle Standard Bearer; Lance; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield
1 Armour of Destiny
Dark Steed

1x Master, Lance; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield - used for chaff or extra punch on the charge.
Dark Steed

9x Doomfire Warlocks - Note: 10x gets comped too hard. Both Masters will ride in this unit.

12 Cold One Knights FC
1 Banner of Swiftness

21x Darkshards FC

5x Shades (to block vanguards if possible)

Bloodwrack Medusa (gets comp bonus)

Cold One Chariot

Kharibdyss (gets comp bonus)

2x Reaper Bolt Thrower (more than 2 gets comped)
Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of the Old World...