2500 Raze & Ruin list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

toots
Beastmaster

2500 Raze & Ruin list

Post by toots »

Hi there,

Going to my 2nd tournament, and it's a tally comp system. The following list is a 0 score. A +ve score would allow for lookout sir rolls for spells like dwellers and final trans (somewhat pertinent when you see my list...!)

ok so:

Malekith on foot(!)
27 black guard, FC with razor standard (boo-yah!)
5 x DRs, shields, xbows, musician
5 warlocks
10 darkshards, standard bearer, gleaming pennant (no musician, bizarrely i can't quite afford it. if they need to change angle they can just wheel!)
12 witch elves - musician, standard (flaming banner)
bolt thrower
bolt thrower
12 COKs, FC w/ movement banner
peg master BSB, cloak of twilight (only place i could put the BSB unfortunately - will keep him on the same side as the cold ones for the stupidity re-rolls)

so yeah. the comp means witches and execs are hit hard, as are characters which aren't on foot(!). cloak of twilight is a -1, so if i use a different combination of items for the war machine-hunting pegmaster i won't get the negative, and my score will go to a +1...

black guard are a +1 regardless of unit size, hence my wanting to use them. i'm a bit buggered vs. daemons but... sod it, maybe i'll be ok! P.s. Closed lists. If I play demons I can just turn the unit around to protect Malekith! Hah!

comp:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfm3e7ns7b34x ... 1.pdf?dl=0

cheers chaps!
toots
Beastmaster

Re: 2500 Raze & Ruin list

Post by toots »

ok well anyway, this was my list:

Malekith: Cold One
Sorceress: Lore of Shadow (scroll of shielding - an outright dispel scroll was negatively comped)
Master: BSB, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance, Cold One (dawnstone, charmed shield, ironcurse icon)
Master: Pegasus, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance (cloak of twilight)
5 Dark Riders: Shields, Repeating Crossbows, Musician
26 Witch Elves: Musician, Standard (flaming standard)
10 Cold One Knights: Full Command
5 Harpies
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
10 Doomfire Warlocks

it was pretty damn funny. highly mobile and not nobody likes the thunderous cold one charge!! 38 mounted models, you wouldn't like it! malekith broke a chaos lord's dawnstone, then his talisman of pres the next turn and proceeded to inflict 3 wounds thereby killing him! #youwouldntlikeit

finished 28/60 which was a bit poor but i'll blame my first game where i was too cautious and basically killed malekith via power of darkness (it's a shiz spell - two wounds i did to him!!!).