Help with my army?

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Phox532
Executioner

Help with my army?

Post by Phox532 »

So first I want to say that I am new to WH:FB and AoS. I have made models in the pass but that was to make D&D minis :P. Anyway, a mate has got me in to this and it's my first army. I spent a long time looking at different races and trying to find what army best fits me, so I decided on dark Elves. That said I'm unsure where to take my army now. My original idea was to be heavy cavalry with 25 units of cold one Knights, 10 warlocks, 10 dread spears, and 15 dark shards. Heroes, Sorceress on Cold one, Dread Lord on Cold one and assassin, but my mate was saying that was more tournament style an not casual set up. I'd still like to have a group like that in the future, but my question is what is a more casual set up for Dark Elves, around 50-65 wounds. Here is what I have right now.

5 Units of Cold one Knights
10 Units of Dread Spears.
Edit~
I have Dread lord on Cold One, Sorceress on Cold one, Warlocks, and dark shards on the way. Will be here by the en of the October.
Phox Jorkarzul
Duffman327
Executioner

Re: Help with my army?

Post by Duffman327 »

Welcome to Druchii.net!!!! And welcome to Warhammer (whichever edition).

To start with i would suggest just getting models that you like the look of, or like the idea behind. There is no right or wrong for army composition. If you want a heavy cavalry army then go ahead and do it. perhaps you can theme the army around the city of Hag Graef. throw malus Darkblade in if you want.

Keep it simple though and expand when you want to. The army i am working on at the moment is a Naggarond Army so i have heaps of black guard, darkshards, dreadspears and a unit of coldone knights. i then expanded with a few bolt throwers.

Chariots are pretty cool too
I am the Silent Wind of Doom... Whoosh!
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Duffman327 wrote:
To start with i would suggest just getting models that you like the look of, or like the idea behind. There is no right or wrong for army composition. If you want a heavy cavalry army then go ahead and do it. perhaps you can theme the army around the city of Hag Graef. throw malus Darkblade in if you want.

Keep it simple though and expand when you want to. The army i am working on at the moment is a Naggarond Army so i have heaps of black guard, darkshards, dreadspears and a unit of coldone knights. i then expanded with a few bolt throwers.

Chariots are pretty cool too

Where do I find more information about these cities. I have been keeping a journal and I am been making my own kind of background with my own lore so to speak. I have read some of the basic lore, but I'd love to read more and get more background knowledge.
Phox Jorkarzul
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

May I suggest to have a look to here?
And welcome Phox532 to D.net. :)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Okay thanks, looks like I have some major reading ahead of me.
Phox Jorkarzul