2500 9th DE

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Diobarach
Black Guard

2500 9th DE

Post by Diobarach »

I'm going to take a stab at a game of 9th age, (hopefully a lethal strike), against skaven. Curious what people might think of the list, there is a high probability of mistakes.

Code: Select all

CHP, Manticore, LA, Midnight Cloak, Divine Icon, Flame Lance, Hardened Shield - 378
HS, L4 Fire, Scroll, Charm of Cursed Iron - 270

CP, BSB, Altar of Blood, Executioner Weapon, Ring of Darkness, Banner of Swiftness - 385

18 Darkshards, Shields, Std, Mus, Icon of relentless company - 269
10 Blood maidens, Mus - 120
2x 5 Shadow riders, Shields, XBows, Mus - 240

24 Blackguard, Std, Mus, Banner of Discipline - 357
8 Shades, GW - 136
3x RBT - 225

5 Warlocks - 120

I'm pretty sure I'll be facing a standard sort of 8th edition skaven list:
Seer + Bell, 40 Stormvermin + Razor banner, 30+ Clanrats, 2x 40 slave blocks, 2 WLC, Hellpit and doomwheel. After that I'm not sure.

I plan to use the CHP to try and kill HPA and wheel, and pick off anything like WLCs and so. If I understand it correctly, she has 5 str 7 attacks on the charge (due to lance, frenzy and devastating charge).

I went with fire for L4 since that seems pretty decent against skaven and the augments might help the CHP and blackguard.

EDIT: Added musicians to shadow raiders.
Last edited by Diobarach on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toots
Beastmaster

Re: 2500 9th DE

Post by toots »

presumably the shadow riders have musicians?

also - bear in mind you need to spend another 70pts on the warlocks if you want one to cast magic.

looks interesting though, yeah i believe we can only have max. 3 bolt throwers now!
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Yeah, they do have musicians, I updated FP.

About the warlocks, yes I have to buy the champion for magic. But personally, it doesn't seem worth it to buy them magic although I did think about trying the cult of lust option on them just for fun.

Yeah, I don't see anything allowing 4, special is capped at 3 in general and nothing says RBT are free of that.

Have you played a game yet using 9th rules?
FleetofFoot
Slave on the Altar

Post by FleetofFoot »

Interesting army build. I just read through the 9th Edition .9.2 Beta and am looking forward to play testing the rules this weekend.

Would you mind letting me know what the acronyms 'CHP' and 'CP' are in reference to your army list?

Thanks

-Nvm, just found out both acronyms!
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Sure thing

CHP - Cult High Priestess
CP - Cult Priestess

Good luck in your games!
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

what's funny is the phrasing used when describing the number of special or rare you can have - as i recall, it's in terms of 'duplicates'. one item on its own is not a duplicate however, whereas with four bolt throwers there are technically three duplicates.

RAI it's probably three total but actually we don't know! RAW it's as i said.

Diobarach wrote:Yeah, they do have musicians, I updated FP.

About the warlocks, yes I have to buy the champion for magic. But personally, it doesn't seem worth it to buy them magic although I did think about trying the cult of lust option on them just for fun.

Yeah, I don't see anything allowing 4, special is capped at 3 in general and nothing says RBT are free of that.

Have you played a game yet using 9th rules?
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

toots wrote:what's funny is the phrasing used when describing the number of special or rare you can have - as i recall, it's in terms of 'duplicates'. one item on its own is not a duplicate however, whereas with four bolt throwers there are technically three duplicates.

RAI it's probably three total but actually we don't know! RAW it's as i said.

Haha, nice catch.