2400 9th Age Dread Elves

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ilphrin
Warrior

2400 9th Age Dread Elves

Post by Ilphrin »

Hello brothers and sisters!

I have made 2 lists with the new dread elves in 9th age but i can not decide which one i should use. Here we go:

List 1:

1 High Sorceress, LV 4, dispell scroll, cult of lust, 4++ talisman 275
1 Cult Priestess, Alatar of blood, BSB, banner of murder, sword of might 385
1 Shadow Assassin, cult of blood, beastslayer venom 140

35 Blood maidens, full command 415 (horde formation)
16 Dark repeaters, musician 186

30 Executioners, full command 420 (horde formation)
3 Dark Reapers, multiple shots 225
5 Harpies 70
5 Harpies 70

5 Dark Art Apprentices, cult of lust, poisoned darts, Champion 210

Total 2396

List 2:

1 Cult High Pristess, executioner axe, armour of destiny, Obidian Pebble 260
1 Dark Master, BSB, blood armour, charm of cursed iron, sword of strength, shield 143
1 Sorceress, LV 2, dispell scroll 130

30 Blood maidens, full command, speed banner 375 (horde formation with cult high prist.)
5 Dark riders, X-bows, shields, musician 120
5 Dark riders, X-bows, shields, musician 120

27 Tower guards, full command, banner of murder 426 (horde formation with dark master and src)
28 Executioners, full command, banner of prosaic days 419 (horde formation)
3 Dread reapers 225

1 Hydra 175

Total 2393

I can´t decide!! I would be very thankful about your thoughts of these lists, thank you very much!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: 2400 9th Age Dread Elves

Post by Calisson »

Killers: 1= 35 girls+30 execs // 2= 30 girls + 28 execs + 27 BG + hydra
Magic & buffs: 1=Lvl4+altar+warlocks // 2=Lvl2
Shooters: 1= 16 RXB + 3 RBT // 2= 10 DR + 3 RBT
Agile: 1= 2x5 harpies + 5 locks + sass // 2= 2x5 DR

Overall the main difference is that first list is two blocks with buffs, second list is three blocks without buffs.
The first list seems to offer a much greater flexibility, at the cost of lesser durability; for skilled generals.
The second list seems to be more durable, but has less tools to adapt to the enemy; easier to play.
If you feel skilled enough - or if you're eager to learn by mistake - or if you like gambles, then list 1 is better. I feel it also well in DE's spirit.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

I think I prefer the first list. Why lore of lust in the first list? Also the 210 point warlock unit seems very fragile to me, 2 wounds and it's a panic test on an 8 and the unit might be gone. Sword of might is +1 strength and admittedly +1 to hit but what about executioner weapon on priestess?

What lore is your level 2 using in the second list?
Ilphrin
Warrior

Post by Ilphrin »

Thanks for the replies :)

I will change the sword of might to executioner weapon seems better after re-reading the stats of the priestess. I like the lore of Lust for my high sorceress because almost every spell has range 24 and its one of the best lore in game imo. You are right with the warlocks but they buff my high sorceress to a LV 4. If have no problem when the enemy is focusing on this unit and let my executioner and witch block untouched :) Imo they are still a very good unit and now they have a poisoned shooting option :) but they are still fragile i know. I think i will give the 1st list a try with the new assassine.

@Calisson: in the 2nd list i can buff with LV 3 because of the magic banner. I hope LV 3 is enough to play defensive magic.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Saw no Lvl3, only lvl2.
Unless there is a trick with 9th Age, with which I'm not familiar at all?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Ilphrin
Warrior

Post by Ilphrin »

yes there is something new to magic. For every caster u get +1 to cast spells and +1 to buff spells. Maximum u can have a LV 4 with these buffs. Otherwise the caster who is supporting can not cast spells this turn. Its pretty nice :D