9th Age 2000 point list. Monster Mash

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Astralcatastrophe
Slave on the Altar

9th Age 2000 point list. Monster Mash

Post by Astralcatastrophe »

I've been reading the changes to the core rules and our beloved Dark Elves and while some units got hit by the nerfbat, the buffstick slapped a few others into shape, resulting in a solid army book with tons of viable army building options, which I love. My favorite being a BEASTMASTER ARMY! Elves with a horde of horrible monsters swarming up field. Tell me what kind of changes to make to this army list if you see anything wrong with it/ anything you would change. I love to hear criticism to become a better player!

HEROES:

Dark Master: Beastmaster, Raptor, Heavy Armor, Hardened Shield, Whip of subversion, Speed Potion - 165 (General, Raptor Knights)

Dark Master: BSB, Razor Banner, Fleetmaster, Shield, Halberd. - 166 pts. (Goes with Warriors)

Sorceress: (Lore of Black Magic) Level 2, Dispel Scroll - 120 pts. (Goes with Dark Repeaters)

CORE:

5 Shadow Riders: RCBs - 100 pts.

14 Dark Repeaters - 154 pts.

30 Warriors: (Spears) Full command, Banner of Courage - 275 pts.

SPECIAL:

20 Executioners: Full Command, Banner of Speed - 305 pts.

9 Raptor Knights, Musician - 244 pts.

Dread Reaper: Repeating Shot - 75 pts.

Raptor Chariot - 100 pts.

RARE:

Hydra - 175 pts.

2 Medusae - 120

1999/2000

My idea is to have a formation of the knights, chariot, medusae, and hydra within beastmaster range for his special rule + Inspiring Presence to create an arrowhead formation of pain and demise. Any enemy unit engaging this formation will get flanked by knights, a chariot, or horrible mosnters and quickly meet their demise. The general himself with the whip is supreme for monster and hero hunting. The rest of the army is rather standard, a bolt thrower and crossbows for ranged damage, Riders for warmachine hunting and annoying Frenzied units, and a brick of spearmen for an anvil. With the signature spell on black magic though, one proper cast of Moraec's Fury turns my anvil into S4 AP(2) spearmen which can lay an absolute beatdown on enemy units. It's nice to catch an enemy off guard when they think my anvil will just slow them down, then they suffer some severe casualties.

I've been thinking of cutting the fleetmaster to make the sorc either a level 4, or fit in some more bolt throwers/monsters.

All advice and criticism is welcome! Thank you!
Diobarach
Black Guard

Re: 9th Age 2000 point list. Monster Mash

Post by Diobarach »

I think the list is pretty cool, although having looked at other books I think you might have a tough time. Maybe take a hunting chariot instead of a raptor chariot, for an anti big monster option?
Astralcatastrophe
Slave on the Altar

Post by Astralcatastrophe »

Diobarach wrote:I think the list is pretty cool, although having looked at other books I think you might have a tough time. Maybe take a hunting chariot instead of a raptor chariot, for an anti big monster option?

Hmm. I would have thought my executioners, raptors, and medusae would be enough to handle monsters either by weight of attacks or petrifying stare which hits initiative and most monsters are very slow. Would you recommend any other changes along with a chariot swap? How's the rest of the list looking?
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

I was thinking flying stuff but you might have a point with what you have. As for other suggestions not really, perhaps after trying you can tells us what worked and what didn't!
Ilphrin
Warrior

Post by Ilphrin »

I would take min. 2 RBT´s and kick the 1 chariot instead. RBT´s are soooo cost efficient. I hope the medusae will make it. Its a complete new option in our list.