My dirtiest uncomped 8th list 2500

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dunya
Executioner

My dirtiest uncomped 8th list 2500

Post by Dunya »

So, I'm pretty sure this list scores close to a minus in the Swedish comp system. :D

Lords:
Supreme Sorceress (Death Magic) - Level 4, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, Dark Steed

Heroes:
Master (BSB) - Dark Pegasus, Lance, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cloak of Twiliwght
Death Hag - Cauldron of Blood

Core:
5 Dark Riders - Musician, Shields, Repeater Crossbows
5 Dark Riders - Musician, Shields, Repeater Crossbows
32 Witch Elves - Full Command, Razor Standard (11 wide with COB)

Special:
30 Executioners - Standard Bearer, Musician, Banner of Eternal Flame
Reaper Bolthrower
Reaper Bolthrower
Cold One Chariot

Rare:
5 Warlocks
5 Warlocks
Kharibdyss
----
2500, 96 Models

Could it be made even harder? I guess another Pegasus Master or 2 more Reapers over the Chariot maybe, if you could find the points. Not saying this is THE most competitive style of army, I'm well aware that a more mobile army with 3-4 flying combat characters is probably stronger. Though for what it does its pretty powerful in my experience, and very complete in terms of all the different elements you might want in an army.

Oh, and I guess there is also the issue of End Times vs Pre End Times and Special Characters vs no Special Characters. This army is Pre End Times with no Special Characters, as thats what my group runs. I'm not sure more characters would make the army better regardless. The combat blocks are already pretty scary, if you put a Hellebron in with the Witches eg. you are basically further enticing your opponent to avoid the unit at all costs.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: My dirtiest uncomped 8th list 2500

Post by Lord Drakon »

Haha ai that looks painful! This would be my answer (100p short)

Dreadlord, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Enchanted Shield, Ogre Blade, Ring of Hotek - 249
Supreme Sorceress, LVL 4, Light Magic, Cloak of Twilight, Power Scroll, Dark Pegasus - 340

Sorceress, LVL 1, Light Magic, Dispell Scroll, Dark Steed - 115
Sorceress, LVL 1, Light Magic, Dark Steed - 90
BSB Death Hag, Cauldron of Blood - 300

7 Dark Riders, Musician, Shields - 129
5 Dark Riders, Shields, Repeater Crossbows - 100
27 Witch Elves, Full Command, Razor Standard - 372

5 Shades, Additional Hand Weapons - 90
5 Shades, Additional Hand Weapons - 90
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70

10 Sisters of Slaughter, Handmaiden of Shards, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame - 180
5 Warlocks, Master of Warlocks - 135
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

10 wide is dirtier than 11 wide, as you keep a rank a little longer.
Also leave open the possibility to have CoB with Execs rather than WE, according to need.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dunya
Executioner

Post by Dunya »

Yeah I guess the 11th file isn't really strictly optimal, I just like to have the COB in the actual center of the unit. Though sometimes it does amount to more attacks.

As I said I don't think this is the be-all end-all army, it just has a alot of elements that are perhaps a bit too efficient. I don't have a 95+% winrate with it either, if I had to guess I'd say more around 65-75% which maybe says something about me.