9th AGE: 1250 Points (lords excluded)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

9th AGE: 1250 Points (lords excluded)

Post by Kelian Durak »

Heroes: 508pt
298pt 1x captain incl. Raptor chariot, ha, shield, razor blade, bluffers helm, general
210pt 1x captain incl. Pegasus, ha, sword of strength, hardened shield, dusk stone, bsb

Core: 328pt
164pt 7x dark raiders incl. Musician, rxb, shields
164pt 7x dark raiders incl. Musician, rxb, shields

Special: 200pt
100pt 1x raptor chariot
100pt 1x raptor chariot

Rare:
214pt 6x dark acolytes incl. Champion

Hello guys and greetings from Germany,
I am pretty unexperienced in 9th Age and there for I am trying out some off-meta lists. In my previous post I tried out a chariot-captain who was pretty good, since his job was to be "tanky". He fulfilled his role very good and now I want to gain more battlefield-expirience. What do you guys think about the list? Which experiences did you gain with chariots? Are Pegasus-BSBs still strong?
Welcome to the 9th AGE.
Dunya
Executioner

Re: 9th AGE: 1250 Points (lords excluded)

Post by Dunya »

I really like the 100pt Raptor Chariot in Special, its a bit of a bargain imo. Overall I feel like the Manticore is the best character mount though, especially with Beastmaster. I still am not sure about the Pegasus. On one hand its fairly cheap and flexible, on the other its not nearly as tough as it used to be with the loss of the SDC. The chariot mount seems a bit too expensive to me, I prefer mounting a character on the Divine Altar in that pricerange.
Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: 9th AGE: 1250 Points (lords excluded)

Post by Kelian Durak »

Thx Dunya for the reply, I will test the list tomorrow and will write down my experiences. I agree, that raptor chariots are very strong, escpecially due to the cost reduction. In 8th edition I used to play 3x raptor chariots in my 2000pts list.

I have no experience mit pegmasters in 9th, so I have to play test them first on the battlefield. But I agree, that a manticore-bsb is much stronger and will be used often in future builds.
Welcome to the 9th AGE.