Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
9th age: Hydra or kharibdyss? 
Slave on the Altar

Hi fellow Druchii
Could use some help. Signed up for a 9th age 2500pts tournament but cant decide if i should take the hydra or kharibdyss? Hydra for the regen ofc but the kharibdyss with its S7 multiple wounds could be really useful against other monsters or monsterous infantry. With the alpha predator upgrade it lands on I4 aswell.
What do you guys think?

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:23 am
Malekith's Best Friend

Its hard to say, a good list is more then the best unit. As the sum of all the parts are greater then any individual choice.

I suggest submitting you entier list. Also what role would you see the monster in? If the list lacks attack then choose the one with better attack, but if the list lacks durability, then additional attack will be usless if you dont have enought bodies to deliver the final blow.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:35 am
Slave on the Altar

It mostly there to support the flank of my 30 executioner horde. To keep them from being flank charged. They re the ones packing the punch

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:41 am
Beastmaster

To be totally honest, the cauldron is better. Spend your 200pts on that and either ward save your execs or +1 attack them whilst they're in combat. The hydra is an interesting bullet magnet though... But the cauldron is a tough chariot too!

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:39 am
Slave on the Altar

Already got the cauldron mate

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:59 am
Malekith's Best Friend

Well if you want protection, you need durability, as may times you will want to block something or hold up , until the exes can deal with other stuff. But for this role, try considering things like shades, harpies, and other support units.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:29 pm
Executioner

Kharibdyss with Alpha Predator is way too expensive for how easy it is to kill imo. I can recommend Hydras, though they're not fantastic. Good damage spunges and nice synergy with the Beast Master upgrade. They can also take a charge unlike Chariots and can assist your main units in fights without taking up too much frontage.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:55 pm
Beastmaster

hmm well. the k-beast is far too vulnerable, i'd never take one again. the hydra is fun though with its proper regen save. hydra with flamebreath is great against skirmishing elven infantry like waywtchers etc. use the hydra!

Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]