9th age: Hydra or kharibdyss?

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Izch
Slave on the Altar

9th age: Hydra or kharibdyss?

Post by Izch »

Hi fellow Druchii
Could use some help. Signed up for a 9th age 2500pts tournament but cant decide if i should take the hydra or kharibdyss? Hydra for the regen ofc but the kharibdyss with its S7 multiple wounds could be really useful against other monsters or monsterous infantry. With the alpha predator upgrade it lands on I4 aswell.
What do you guys think?
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 9th age: Hydra or kharibdyss?

Post by Killerk »

Its hard to say, a good list is more then the best unit. As the sum of all the parts are greater then any individual choice.

I suggest submitting you entier list. Also what role would you see the monster in? If the list lacks attack then choose the one with better attack, but if the list lacks durability, then additional attack will be usless if you dont have enought bodies to deliver the final blow.
Also known as Kanadian
Izch
Slave on the Altar

Post by Izch »

It mostly there to support the flank of my 30 executioner horde. To keep them from being flank charged. They re the ones packing the punch
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

To be totally honest, the cauldron is better. Spend your 200pts on that and either ward save your execs or +1 attack them whilst they're in combat. The hydra is an interesting bullet magnet though... But the cauldron is a tough chariot too!
Izch
Slave on the Altar

Post by Izch »

Already got the cauldron mate
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Well if you want protection, you need durability, as may times you will want to block something or hold up , until the exes can deal with other stuff. But for this role, try considering things like shades, harpies, and other support units.
Also known as Kanadian
Dunya
Executioner

Post by Dunya »

Kharibdyss with Alpha Predator is way too expensive for how easy it is to kill imo. I can recommend Hydras, though they're not fantastic. Good damage spunges and nice synergy with the Beast Master upgrade. They can also take a charge unlike Chariots and can assist your main units in fights without taking up too much frontage.
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

hmm well. the k-beast is far too vulnerable, i'd never take one again. the hydra is fun though with its proper regen save. hydra with flamebreath is great against skirmishing elven infantry like waywtchers etc. use the hydra!