500pts - 1000pts - 2000pts escalation campaign

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

500pts - 1000pts - 2000pts escalation campaign

Post by Daeron »

So we had a 3 battle escalation campaign. Originally, the goal was to build 2 lists of 500 points and 1 of 1000 points, which would battle their way to meet up for the finale. This proved a little hard for the list building, and so we ended up going for an escalation instead.

Still, I tried to stay within the spirit of the original idea as much as possible, and devised a list of 2000 points, which had two sub parts of 500 that could function as attacker and defender.

I added a few more personal restrictions:
- As many painted models as I can, so dreadspears or Corsairs, darkshards, a sorceress on foot and dark steeds.
- No Warlocks since they made such a mess of the game last time.
- No proxies, unless very very limited.
- No peg riders.

This gave me:

500pts - Defender list
140 - Sorceress, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, randomized lore turned out to be Beast Magic
192 - 14 Darkshards, Shields, Musician
70 - Reaper Bolt Thrower
90 - 5 Shades, additional handweapon

This list didn't see a battle on its own.

500pts - Attacker list
146 - Master, Cold One, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Great Weapon, Dawnstone, BSB, also functioning as general which was permitted by the GM.
110 - 5 Dark Riders, Shields, Repeater Crossbows, Musician
115 - Cold One Chariot

1000 pts - Combined both lists above

2000 pts - All in

265 - Sorceress, Level 4, 4++, Dark Magic
146 - Master, Cold One, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Great Weapon, Dawnstone, BSB
140 - Sorceress, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Lore of Beasts
300 - 30 Dreadspears, Champion, Musician, Banner
192 - 14 Darkshards, Shields, Musician
70 - Reaper Bolt Thrower
70 - Reaper Bolt Thrower
90 - 5 Shades, additional handweapon
115 - Cold One Chariot
200 - 6 Cold One Knights, Musician, Champion
180 - Hydra, breath weapon

It didn't prove to be a memorable list, but a fun one. It delivered in many aspects of the game, making every phase a busy part of game.
I'm impressed, once more, by the Cold One Knights backed up by a master. The Cold One Chariot was a big help as well, delivering a lot for its cost. I'm definitely looking at my cold one units with renewed interest.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze