Summer of Chaos Initiative

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Post by Garbidge »

Ric_largeaxe wrote:I will have your heads elf wether GW says so or not. I have never lost to drucii - revision or no it makes no difference you are still weak and insignificant.

Strange that. I've never lost to dwarves, with or without the revision. :twisted:
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

C'mon guys. do not bother to argue with these so called "Conclave of Light" They r so busy planning against us that they have not even bother to look at their back. From what I know from my TK and skaven friends. they managed to infiltrae into their sites too. hhaha let the good guys come to naggaroth to fight...the bones and rats will chew them up from behind
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Elvenknight
Elf on the Altar with the Axe

Post by Elvenknight »

This may seem like a very stupid question, but do you have to play with 2000 point armies? 'cause there is no way that I can get my 2000pt army ready for the SoC.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie!" untill you can find a big stick.

The Album is here for all your army photos - Album Moderator
Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

no, i don't think anyways :roll:
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Uruthi
Shade

Post by Uruthi »

What a standard theme, searching for magic items. Would be cooler if they went to Lustria to enhance their magic capabilities! You could say, if the DE's win, they get access to the Beasts lore!!!
Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

All this talk of infiltrating and spies....God how low have we all sunk. It takes a brave fool to tell you he's coming after you, and a Crazy Genius to tell you specifically he's coming to kick you in the teeth. See the issue isn't weather they know what were doing or not. The issue becomes can they stop of from doing what we want? Can they walk onto the field of battle and stop a DE General, or will this sink to a blasting of False Games to flood the results and achieve the desired goals?
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…
Syriak
Dark Rider

Post by Syriak »

I correspond with Drakken. Please do not pay attention to these from the Conclave, they are just trying to provoke you, and this will not win any battles for them. Myself, I also think that CoL doesn't have any advantage, and every player has to prove himself on the battlefield, not by reading some other races' forum . GW is going to mess everything up anyway.
One question Underway: do you cooperate with any other forums/communities?
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

nodding_donkey wrote:I correspond with Drakken. Please do not pay attention to these from the Conclave, they are just trying to provoke you, and this will not win any battles for them. Myself, I also think that CoL doesn't have any advantage, and every player has to prove himself on the battlefield, not by reading some other races' forum . GW is going to mess everything up anyway.
One question Underway: do you cooperate with any other forums/communities?

Yes ignore those hodlums from the CoL. As for co-operation I have been going through the web to find race specific sites that may/may not be on our side come the SoC. Here are the issues.

1) We don't know if there will be a good/evil axis in the comming conflict. It may end up being chaos vs CoL and VC, with Druchii, Orcs doing their own thing.

2) As we don't know if we will have allies making alliances seems to be a bit premature. Though ambassadors may be a good idea...

3) Would you as a DE stoop to making an alliance with beasts? Not me, those scum can fight over "Middenheim" all they want. I only really care about race specific goal for the Druchii. I don't give a crap if Chaos or the CoL win in the old world. I couldn't care less about the Dwarves and Orcs, or even the VC. All I care about is the Druchii and what they are doing in the conflict. If we require allies (read "pawns") to "distract" the enemy then so be it.

4) There may be specific areas that armies can post at. Like the Webway warzones in the EoT. As such making alliances may not be benificial for us. The Eldar and Dark Eldar did their own thing during EoT. The Orcs and Tyranids did their own thing as well. The Eldar and Orcs did remarkably well during the campaign, with the Tyranids comming in a close third for the independants. I think the Druchii can do the same as the main focus of the battles will be in the Old World not in Lustria where the DE are rumoured to be heading.
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

I don't understand the purpose of all these conclaves and councils? In the end, you're still going to be lining up across the board and playing a game of Warhammer against someone, then reporting the results. Does it matter what their race's goal is? What if your designated "opponent" doesn't show up at your local shop and you end up having to fight a Chaos or Empire army? Will your entire plan be destroyed?

I understand the excitement of having an overall goal to work towards, and a common enemy.....but spies? What are you going to learn? "Druchii might attack Lustria!!!"...and how are you going to do anything about it? You can't really stop anyone from beating someone else, or control what army they're going to play....

This really doesn't change a thing. I'm not going to running around my town looking for Lizardmen armies to beat....I'll play whoever I normally do.

Post edited for content by MTUCache: 12/11/03
(May contain explicit lyrics and strong language)
Last edited by Mtucache on Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tu'shan
Noble

Post by Tu'shan »

Then the fate of the old world rests in the hands of the rest of us !
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

MTUCache wrote:Could this get anymore pathetic? I mean, what exactly is the purpose of all these conclaves and councils? In the end, you're still going to be lining up across the board and playing a game of Warhammer against someone, then reporting the results. Does it matter what their race's goal is?

Yes it does. The purpose of the Conclaves and Councils is to HAVE FUN in a fantasy environment. Also if you didn't catch the EoT the more organized races actually won. The Imperium actually had more wins but they did not post them in a strategic fashion, and had no organization, therefore they lost.

Racial goals also serve to focus the race into an orgainzation so that they can feel like they accomplished something. I must say I had quite a bit of fun looking up how the eldar were doing and fighting only Dark Eldar and Tzeentch players for a while. Also the reward of new magic items for our annemic list should be good motivation for you to get off you negative streak and get out there and play some games. That DOES matter to some people.

And as for the point you were trying to get at, yes lining up and playing are important. However win loss ratios should be near 50%. Therefore strategy in where you post should be more important. So organization is the key to defeat the 50/50 syndrome.

If you don't want to participate then don't, just stop pissing on other peoples fun and try to be more polite in your posts next time. Consider yourself warned.
Arhaine
Warrior

Post by Arhaine »

The Druchii must stay true to who they are.

It makes no sense to fret about what the CoL may or might not be doing. It is beyond our power, so all we need to focus on is ensuring that we first survive, and then thrive. And to do this we must simply be smarter and more focused than the others. The CoL's focus must be Chaos - to do otherwise would lead to their complete collapse. Their threats against the Druchii are pitiful and a waste of breath.

The CoL is already riven by dissent. The words of the few are noble and threatening, but they ring false in the echoes of their traditional rivalries. The Dawi unite with the Asur? I think not - not without breaking their own vows. Not without casting down the memories of their shaven ancestors.

Chaos does not interest us in its own right, but it is to our advantage for Chaos to feel secure enough to rampage against the Human lands. A secure northern border would then allow us free reign to direct our activities where we will them. It will allow us to focus on offence rather than defence. And when Chaos is inevitably defeated (as it must), we shall be left as the dominant power of the West (the Wicked Witch Elves of the West?).

So ignore the petty ones. Now is the time to focus on raising armies & blooding them in raids on the Asur and cold-bloods.

(I personally can't wait for the Cult of Pleasure to arise in th edarkest part of this Storm!)
"And isn't it neat -
Putting pain in a stranger?
Like a portrait in flesh
That trails on a leash."
(David Bowie: "Sweet Thing")
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Silly druchii, my bow will be trained and waiting for your arrival onto the sacred isle.... and to refute your statement about dwarves and high elves, need I remind you that they had collaborated in the great war against chaos, when Teclis and his two companions aided the combined dwarf/empire army? Grudges may still be there but gradually we're recognizing the power of our alliance.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Kaine dwarfdeath
Warrior

Post by Kaine dwarfdeath »

We should fight against the chaos not the hosts of ulthuan. Let the hosts get ready for war to come to them and let chaos deal with them not them with us. Let us stop being the cowardly back stabers we are and go fight
'I will slite you soul in to a million pieces and feed you to my cold one'
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

Hi all,

I consider any who fight against Chaos with Druchii to be no more then Asur in chainmail!

Don't you remember the stories our parents told us while we planned their downfall? It was we Druchii who almost crushed the hated Asur with the help of our chaos allies many years ago. Our king almost brought the realm of chaos to Ulthuan will the Great Spell.

We were promised our birthright by the Dark Prince many years ago. I believe he will help us claim it soon.

I pledge my soul and that of my devoted warriors to Slaanesh Lord of Pleasure.
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Arhaine
Warrior

Post by Arhaine »

I believe that our goals will be sufficiently well defined when the nature of the Storm becomes more apparent. there is no point us wasting our time on trivilalities, but focus on raising our troops & gaining experience with them.

Until that time I suggest that we just sit back and enjoy the child like rants of Asur insurgents and those recent members who seem so determined to guide us away from their unstated interests.

When the time comes, our blades can all be directed into the same twitching body - be it Ulthuan, Lustria or wherever.
"And isn't it neat -
Putting pain in a stranger?
Like a portrait in flesh
That trails on a leash."
(David Bowie: "Sweet Thing")
Goricexii
Noble

Post by Goricexii »

Of course I'm Asur in chainmail Malekithau; look at the statline! I'm as loyal to the Druchii way as anyone, but as far as I can see "the Druchii way" is not playing patsy to some pack of purple-armoured pederasts who think a horned helmet is something worth eternal damnation for.

Anyway. Just a thought on the defence of Naggaroth. Against Chaos. Against Ulthuan. Against Lustria.

We don't need much.

Naggaroth itself is horrible country, being fairly evenly divided between frozen tundra, nightmarish forest, irritating mountains and large, pointless holes in the ground. Our entire population is concentrated in six massively fortified cities and sea communication is possible between almost all of them (exception; Ghrond. We might have to think a little about Ghrond). There is almost nothing anyone can achieve invading our homeland except freezing to death and getting eaten by Manticores. We should be encouraging the lizards and the Asur to invade us, and while they shiver and bump into chaos warbands coming down from the north we'll laugh at them from our battlements.

I vote we let Naggaroth itself be our defensive strategy.

As for offensive, I don't recommend attacking Ulthuan. It's a tough nut to crack traditionally and it's fleet is almost as good as ours. Besides the whole island is a natural fortress. We raid, yes. But other than that we let the Asur stew.

I recommend Lustria. Our black arcs will have freedom of the coast and we won't just be fighting over the same pretty desert we've been fighting over for thousands of years. As we would be in Ulthuan.

These are my thoughts which may or which may not be of any use to anyone.
Hmmmm...two cold ones in a chariot drawn by dark elves. That's never a good sign...
Syriak
Dark Rider

Post by Syriak »

Is it possible to put this thread in the SoC forum? :|
Lord_korael
Corsair

Post by Lord_korael »

I will gladly support any advance into Lustria. The damned lizards have been a thorn in my side every game(can never kill the saurus). Failing that, I will follow Malekith wherever he wants, be it CoL or chaos. They all make good slaves
The fools of Ulthuan will soon feel my blade.