Will the Slaanesh list be permenant?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

I was wondering will normal and high sorceresses be able to use this lore or is it just Morathi :?: .It makes sense if they can as surely she'd have a few apprentices.Or can a male Druchii learn lore of Slaanesh(i know it's unlikely)but isn't it dark magic that Malekith has to fear in the prophecy :?: .
ITS A BARBARIAN BUNNY--BUSTY BROAD
BONANZA IN MY BRAINPAN--AND I'M THE ONLY
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

If there is SDE list then I assume that only marked charcters would be able to use it just like the chaos books. I can't see any reason a male Druchii couldn't learn Slaaneshi magic especially as male sorcerers are basically persona non grata I assume any that get away could end up in the wastes. Perhaps this explains, to a degree, the obvious Elven look of the Slaanesh champions?
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Bucheronis
Executioner

Post by Bucheronis »

about which Slaanesh list do you talk ?
where can i find it ?
"And the meaning of life is ♀"↓¶¦-+6tÆx)*↨♀a?"
"Ummm, actually yes it is..."
"Yep, the worst part is that I know that's the meaning of life... but I don't understand a word of it."
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

It's not out yet, it's due for Storm of Chaos in the summer.
Perhaps this explains, to a degree, the obvious Elven look of the Slaanesh champions?

Yeah i agree, i think Slaanesh seems a very Elvenish god his champions are often described as being very swift and graceful which are classic elven traits.
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Tzares
Cold One Knight

Post by Tzares »

All u people disgust me!!
You r not real DE players u r fools.
Even the thought of mixing DE and Chaos should be punished....
I hope ur DE models gets chrushed!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

Slaanesh is part of our culture you can't deny it, do you know who Morathi is :?:
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Gorbad ironclaw
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gorbad ironclaw »

The Word of Pain wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------

Delectable Torture: Cast on enemy character, he will attack the unit he's with or if alone, use his missle weapon to shoot his own units. range 24" no LOS required. cast on 9+

You have a Vampire Lord in there.... just hit you own Grave guard unit. You have an Oldblood? Just kill a few Warriors for me... the stronger the enemy character the better it works! You have a high elf lord with the Bow of the seafarer or reaver bow? Just shoot those Dragon Princes please. Sneaky!

Just remember that he can only use missile weapons if he isn't in base contact with a unit. If he is he will attack them.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

calapine wrote:Slaanesh is part of our culture you can't deny it, do you know who Morathi is :?:

She's the mother of Malekith, but that's not important right now.

(Just to show that Airplane! is relevant anywhere...)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

(Just to show that Airplane! is relevant anywhere...)

I don't uderstand could you clarify please :)
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

So, you want chaos elves and forget about dark elves? Is that it? Just giving chaos a chance to 'improve' elves in a even more inreliable fashion than skaven do with human or dwarven war machines??? Let them go down like dwarfs (chaos dwarfs, that is)???

Or do i have too much fantasy??
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

So, you want chaos elves and forget about dark elves? Is that it? Just giving chaos a chance to 'improve' elves in a even more inreliable fashion than skaven do with human or dwarven war machines??? Let them go down like dwarfs (chaos dwarfs, that is)???

Or do i have too much fantasy??

Tell me have you even read the background in the current DE book let alone the earlier one? Try having a read of the fluff in particular the history bit by Furion (?) and the bit with Morathi chatting to Malekith. Malekith is well aware of the Slaanesh worship amongst his people.

Then try reading the Liber Chaotica Slaanesh - there's about 4 pages just on Druchii.

Face it - we ARE Chaos Elves. :lol:
Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

I don't uderstand could you clarify please

Wrong part of the world. Airplane! was a comedy from I think the late 70's or real Early 80s (Can't remember exactly), but was all pure classic gags, such as "Of course I'm serious, and don't call me Shirley." It stared Leslie Nealson (sp?) among others.

And on a different note, how many of these threads started about this are going to degenerate to complaining about Chaos Elves? Its part of the history, its been mention in Every DE army book I've ever seen, its in many other GW fluff sources as well. Okay, my ranting's over.
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…
Lord_carnage
Beastmaster

Post by Lord_carnage »

what is the date for the SoC and are there any army lists now aviable?
Hand of khaine
Cold One Knight

Post by Hand of khaine »

Head on over to the portent rumour forums to see the apparent all daemon army list and rules in all its glory.
The Never Miscasted Man

Get me a hacksaw!!!!
Gabo22
Trainee Warrior

Post by Gabo22 »

Does that mean that we can take Demonette in our army
Or mounted Demonnette M-10
so cold brrr -44 C today with the wind, and they call nagaroth the land of great chill...lol
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

Does that mean that we can take Demonette in our army
Or mounted Demonnette M-10

No one knows for sure as the list is apparently being playtested at this very moment.

In all seriousness when Eye of Terror came out I ALMOST bought myself an army as the one army I wanted to filed was now available (Lost and Damned) and I am awaiting this list with the same level of anticipation or more. The Ogre Kingdoms are looking good too.
Rakhaine blackheart
Dark Rider
Location: I'm in your mind controling every thought, sound, and movement that you make!

Post by Rakhaine blackheart »

Slannesh is probably the best chaos army in my opinion, but that's just me.
Forecast for tomorrow, slightly cloudy with a chance of doom!!!!!!!!
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

I just like the imagery of Slaanesh champions like all aloof and superior,the way they casually toy with their opponents 8) ,much more interesting than the just lop their head off with a big axe mentallity of Khrone.

Wrong part of the world. Airplane! was a comedy from I think the late 70's or real Early 80s (Can't remember exactly), but was all pure classic gags, such as "Of course I'm serious, and don't call me Shirley." It stared Leslie Nealson (sp?) among others.

Thanks for the clariffication Drakken :) , a bit before my time i'm afraid but i asked my mum and dad and they say its helarious.I'm imagining Con Air meets the Naked Gun.
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

Daemonettes seem to be the most obvious replacement for WE so i think it would make sense.I've heard some say you shouldn't be allowed to feild Executioners because they represent an aspect of Khaine, but i think all our soldiers do in a way and it's not like they're as finatical as WE, so i think they sould be allowed in the list but not be allowed the mark of Slaanesh,same for Black Gaurd as i imagine Morathi probably has some protecting her.
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Daider
Black Guard

Post by Daider »

I agree... killers like Executioners and Black Guard probably don't attract beutiful daemons like Daemonettes.... they just don't mix...
Rakhaine blackheart
Dark Rider
Location: I'm in your mind controling every thought, sound, and movement that you make!

Post by Rakhaine blackheart »

where can you find the cult of pleasure army list?
Forecast for tomorrow, slightly cloudy with a chance of doom!!!!!!!!
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

It's not out yet were just guessing whats in it.
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Flamepheonix182
Executioner

Post by Flamepheonix182 »

Man I think it will be great the cult of pleasure list. I mean if we get the lore of slanneesh that by itself will be enough to convince me to use it. :D
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

If we are allowed to use the Lore of Slaanesh, will the SoC book contain it or will I have to go get Hordes of Chaos?
Althalus
The Bloody Executioner

Re: Will the Slaanesh list be permenant?

Post by Althalus »

i think the slanesh list will be pretty fun to use. and if you dont like it you dont have to use it in this campaign or in normal battles after it.