Will the Slaanesh list be permenant?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Will the Slaanesh list be permenant?

Post by /\\//\ »

Currently I do not know if I will be using Dark Elves in Storm Of Chaos. There are two main reasons: Firstly my Empire army is themed around Middenland and so I would not like Middenheim to be taken by Chaos. Secondly the Dark Elf list sounds as if it could have Daemons and such in it. If this is the case I do not want to buy a load of Daemons just so I can use them for one campaign.

However if we can use the list once the campaign is over then I would quite like to do a Slaanesh Dark Elf army. Will it be permenant?
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

so far all the special campaign items/lists/units have been permanent for both fantasy and 40k. so i think it is safe to assume that this will be the case now too
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I have been told by both Gav Thorpe and Anthony Reynolds that the variant lists will all be legal lists, not requiring opponents permission. I am hoping we will have the opportunity to use it in a tournament environment too.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Yes myself as well, my Druchii are all being painted in a way so that when the variant list comes out I can switch hit and play with either god. Just like Morathi does historically. (common, cult of pleasure, and then becomes head of the WE??)
Dimorti
Dark Rider

Post by Dimorti »

What will the new slannesh list look like?? I have heard about some kind of possessed elf hero that would be a a body of an elf but with a demon inside(malus anybody).

Any one care to share some info?
Evil is good, Chaos is the law
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

dimorti: look aorund this folder there are tons of threads about that
Lord_carnage
Beastmaster

Post by Lord_carnage »

is there on the gw website somthing about it that i can read
Poisonstar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Poisonstar »

Ahhh, the first post....quite a feeling. Anyway, everything I've heard anywhere leads me to believe that the Cult of Slaanesh army list in SoC wil be 100% official and usuable forever. This is a good thing, in my opinion. Finally the Dark Elves are returning to their roots here! I can't wait!
Oh, and it's nice to finally be a member of the boards here at Druchii.net.
Like a devil, meant for better things, I will find my place on high.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Welcome Poisonstar. Make sure you read all the announcements and the links on my signature block. It will answer many questions that you have even before you know you hae them!

Again Welcome. :D
Poisonstar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Poisonstar »

Thanks for the welcome, Underway. I'll begin reading the stuff you gave me, and I'll let you know if I have any questions. Thanks again!
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Yes, welcome to druchii.net Poisonstar :D

Another DE/Slaanesh supporter!
Morfaenor
Executioner

Post by Morfaenor »

Welcome Poisonstar its good to see more people join us. I am not to sure on this slannesh stuff, why must we alow chaos to join us anyway?
When the blood starts to flow grab a cup and get it down you.
Poisonstar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Poisonstar »

LOL, I'm a total nut for anything DE AND Slannesh. The first bit of GW fluff I ever read back in the day was the 4th Ed.(?) High Elf army book, and it was absolutely loaded with awesome fluff on both the High Elves and Dark Elves. Yes, times have apparently changed for the DE in terms of fluff, well, slightly anyway, but they still remain the cold-hearted, dispossesed killer elves that I came to love. Anyway, thanks for the welcome!
In terms of how this Slaaneshi DE army list is going to affect DE fluff in general and Malekith's relationship with his mother, it's all fairly up in the air. Personally I dont think Malekith is going to be all that upset. Why? Well, the only being he worships, for one, is Himself. Khaine or Slaanesh, it doesn't matter. He's more interested in his own advancement. Also, if we can recall, Malekith himself once owned a shield marked with the symbol of Slaanesh, which "seared the eyes of his enemies" or something like that. Lastly, Malekith LIKES the introduction of strife and disorder among his people, he sees it as a tool to strengthen them. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in on the alleged upcoming DE "civil war" between the Khaineites and the Slaaneshi. Maybe, since by all accounts he sees his people becoming slightly too "soft", this is cull the strong from the weak?
Either way, I'm just speculating. I don't think Malekith is ready to get rid of his mommy just yet, no matter what she does while he's away.
I'd love to see the entire DE race return to the worship of Slaanesh. Now that would be scary....
Poisonstar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Poisonstar »

Oh, and Chaos can never join us. That's like saying a slave can eat at our banquet table. Chaos itself recognizes us the Druchii as the master race and is our servant. It requests that we weild its power, and we are the only ones fully capable of doing so....it's just that simple :D
Servusa
Warrior

Post by Servusa »

Yeah, until we summon a Daemon Prince and it decides it doesn't like us anymore :p
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

I too have heard that it will be a permanant list..... will have to wait and see. (I'm sure it is though....) I can't wait for a little preview.... anyone seen anything yet?
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."
Slickster
Beastmaster

Post by Slickster »

and when???
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

Well all the additions in the EOT book were permanent and that's probably the thing to go by.
ITS A BARBARIAN BUNNY--BUSTY BROAD
BONANZA IN MY BRAINPAN--AND I'M THE ONLY
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

lord slick wrote:and when???

Storm of Chaos....summer 2004
The Word of Pain

Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Yes it'll be permanent, b/c the SoC will be an official campaign and an event in the warhammer fluff world ... therefore all armies involved will still exist post the campaign.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Slaanesh sux big time! :twisted:
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Sorry Lethalis....I'm defying you.... the Slaanesh lore certainly doesn't sux..... no way.
The Word of Pain

/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Lethalis wrote:Slaanesh sux big time! :twisted:

Don't spam.
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

I have to agree with WoP although i've never faced it the lore of slaanesh seems to be one of the strongest lores in the game.
ITS A BARBARIAN BUNNY--BUSTY BROAD
BONANZA IN MY BRAINPAN--AND I'M THE ONLY
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

let's have a quick run down of the spells: (keeping in mind it's uses for a Druchii force.....(assuming we can use it in the new list!)

Blissful Throes: D6 Strength 6 magic Missile....range 12", cast on a 6.

Strongest magic missile in the game
(apart from the 1 in 6 chance of getting the D6+1 Strength Tzeench spell off!)

Short range, but we are used to that :?

With our +1 to cast, a pretty low casting value.

Overall a very useful spell, in particular as a default spell!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Luxurious Torment: makes unit (friend or foe) frenzied until beaten in combat, in addition they take D6 S3 hits each player turn. range 24" (no LOS) , can be cast into combat. cast on 7+

This spell has so many possibilities.... cast it on your units to really beef up the combat power. (in particular Knights with a 2+ save) or cast on enemy weak units, to either run them around or kill them off!
Easy enough to cast on a 7 and can be cast from a magic user hiding out of LOS.
I love this spell!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tittilating Delusions: remains in play. Cast on enemy unit, they must move in compulsery movement phase to a point (in LOS) as quick as they can. it doesn't stop them charging. range 24" no LOS needed. cast on a 8+

This one speaks for itself. Get that rock hard unit to turn side on to a cavalry charge next turn. Get that cannon crew running towards you as fast as they can. get those Dwarf handgunners marching across the table. A real control freaks spell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Delectable Torture: Cast on enemy character, he will attack the unit he's with or if alone, use his missle weapon to shoot his own units. range 24" no LOS required. cast on 9+

You have a Vampire Lord in there.... just hit you own Grave guard unit. You have an Oldblood? Just kill a few Warriors for me... the stronger the enemy character the better it works! You have a high elf lord with the Bow of the seafarer or reaver bow? Just shoot those Dragon Princes please. Sneaky!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enraturing Spasms: Can be cast within 18" Unit can't move, attack, shoot, cast spells (remains in play spells stop) and are automatically hit in combat. (can be cast into combat). cast on 10+

Awsome spell, only downside is it doesn't work on those immune to psycology, but everyone else is fair game. Get this off against a Temple Guard unit with a 2nd gen slann and watch your oppo cry! Even if you aren't in combat, his slann basically becomes only good for a nice French dish. Do it whilst in combat and your'll tear the unit to shreds.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delicious Excrutiation: Makes the target (friend or foe) Unbreakable. range 24". can be cast into combat, no LOS needed. cast on 11+ remains in play.

More than the obvious possibilities here! There are many instances where it's good to make your opponant unbreakable. As well as the obvious advantages of doing it to your own troops.
--------------------------------------------------------------

All in all 6 very effective spells that can really give a good general an edge in a game. I can't wait to be able to use them myself.
The Word of Pain