Will we get new loot from the SoC campaign?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Rip
Executioner

Will we get new loot from the SoC campaign?

Post by Rip »

Just wondering, I know that we are getting a new list to play with, but I am greedy and would like some new magic items, like we got from the Albion Campaign.
The iron colonel
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by The iron colonel »

We may have to do well in the campaign to get extra goodies. Personally, I'm waiting to see the Slaanesh options. My only problem will be choosing between Slaanesh and Dark magic.
Rip
Executioner

Post by Rip »

I'm waiting to see the Slaanesh options. My only problem will be choosing between Slaanesh and Dark magic.

Not me, Slaanesh magic all the way!! I have a Slaanesh Chaos army, and their magic is pretty tough! :mrgreen:
Like Ghost stories?
Check out www.thebellwitch.net
Morfeusz
Noble

Post by Morfeusz »

Hey! What are those Slaanesh options about? Is this official? Where can I get some information? Thanks.
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

yup its official morfeusz,

brows around the gaming discussion forum to find out more about ! :D

Comrade Igor ;)
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Rip
Executioner

Post by Rip »

Hey! What are those Slaanesh options about? Is this official? Where can I get some information? Thanks.

There will be a Campaign this summer called the Storm of Chaos. It will have about 12 new army list that will be released to play in the campaign. They will be official list, one of which is a Slaanesh DE army list.
Like Ghost stories?
Check out www.thebellwitch.net
The lionheart
Corsair

Post by The lionheart »

I hope we do, the magic item lists aren't long enough, well the DE one isn't. We go into battle and our opponents know exactly what we are going to be taking. Along with the new Lists I think they should produce a magic items List. I dont want super powerful magic items but a few more varied options would be nice...
Our lives are predestined.
We each play out the part fate has writen for us...
Free will is an illusion!
Gorbad ironclaw
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gorbad ironclaw »

The Lionheart wrote:I hope we do, the magic item lists aren't long enough, well the DE one isn't. We go into battle and our opponents know exactly what we are going to be taking.

You mean you don't know what other armies bring along for magical items?

Most armies only really use a very small list of items. There are a bunch of items in every army that are almost always used, and then a few thats used based on how the army is build/player preference.

The Druchii items is slightly more limited than most yes. But I doubt many armies got more than 10 magic items that makes a common appearance.
Bjarni
Noble

Post by Bjarni »

The only army that can actually surprise me when it comes to magic items is Lizzies, but I can generally keep people guessing at what I'm packing (at least until I hit them). What bothers me is that I don't have that many options besides 3-5 weapons and our three 5+Ward items. Our magic armours are, after all, not exactly jaw-dropping, our talismans are limited, the enchanted items I lack the words to describe, they are so ridiculous (only the RoD is 'almost' useful) and our Arcane items, while useful, are all low-power. But let's not get too much into that... :roll:

I read somewhere that what the DE would mainly be doing was that Morathi was going on a trip to Lustria to expand our magic item list.
Druchiilad
Executioner

Post by Druchiilad »

We are one of the main armies in warhammer so if we do well I would imagen so 'Nids & Orks arn't so they didn't anything in EOT... But we should, wheather Lizzys will or not I don't know, doub't it... Shame.
Last edited by Druchiilad on Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Khaine we trust...
Althalus
The Bloody Executioner

Re: Will we get new loot from the SoC campaign?

Post by Althalus »

my thoughts are if we do well i against the lizzies we will get some new magic iteams that are hopefully a bit better tham the ones from our book.
Plaguescythe
Noble

Post by Plaguescythe »

we should be cause in the albion campaingh we came in at like 3 or something and we got gop. so i figure this one is alomost as big as albion so we should get ssomething. (like a 3+ ward save would be nice!)
Chosen Warlord Of Nurgle
Yuan-ti
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Yuan-ti »

I dunno. We have some pretty nasty, if overpriced, items. Dwarves, though. Runes are a wildcard. Dwarf players can hide just what they have untill they bash u over the head with it!

I wouldnt mind new items, though. My Venom Blade is starting to get dull.......
Outmaneuver. Encircle. Isolate. Harass. Overwhelm. Destroy. Locate new target. Repeat.

-Battle Doctrine of Highborn Yuan-Ti
Geophrim
Dark Rider
Location: Attempting to become an Executioner through practice in smelly kendo dojo's...AKA Cambridge, MA

Post by Geophrim »

I think everyone here shares my desire for more magic items for the DE list. Is everyone also willing to ally with the powers of darkness (chaos/skaven/tk/etc) to get them? I'm personally debating this a lot myself right now, and as much as I HATE Chaos and Skaven and want to help stomp chaos into the ground, I think I'm ready to swollen my vitriol for a few months to get what I REALLY want, which is more magic items. Does everyone agree?
Geophrim Auvryndar, Dark Warden to the Temple of Khaine in Ghrond, Captain of the "Returners". "BLOOD FOR KHAINE'S CUP!!!"
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

I would gladly ally Tomb Kings and Skaven, but not chaos really. Who would I fight? Both my friends plays chaos, together with empire (for one of them) and O'nG.

Ps. We should ally with TK, and then rob their tombs...
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

Ranieth wrote:Ps. We should ally with TK, and then rob their tombs...

Good luck, nobody has robbed my Tomb and Gotten more than a couple of steps into the sulight......................
Kaine dwarfdeath
Warrior

Post by Kaine dwarfdeath »

The drucii will be getting new items according to the towns the claim/overrun. They will however dempend on how well we do.
'I will slite you soul in to a million pieces and feed you to my cold one'
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

@Kaine dwarfdeath we actually don't know that. What I do think is that we will probably get new items for the Slanneshii list. At least access to the slanneshi magic items in the hordes of chaos book. That would make sense.
Sneaky the ii
Assassin

Post by Sneaky the ii »

I´m preparing my army to invade Lustria. Yet there is no way I am going to accept a Slaneesh magic item, let alone a mixed list! I will not let Khaos corrupt any part oy my army.
And you thought it couldn´t get any worse...
Aki asura
Beastmaster

Post by Aki asura »

I'll probably stick with my main list of warriors of Khaine. Until they make a Khaine list, that is.

We should ally with skaven. Out of every army, they are the elves toughest opponent, by far.
Do you envy me, General?
No, i do not.
You will fear me one day
-Raistlin majere
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I would like to see us capturing magic items rather than getting entirely new ones in the form of limited access to other armies's lists (I especially want the damn Fangsword of Eltharion but even though we captured him we don't have it, stupid fluff-writers and their lack of consistency....*mumble-mumble-threaten*.....).
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.