What do we know?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

What do we know?

Post by Garbidge »

Could someone please make a list of everything which we know (no rumours etc) about Storm of Chaos?
Niels boon
Slave on the Altar

Post by Niels boon »

In the summer there is going to be a large, worldwide campain to see if archaon can take an empire city (forgot wich one) .
There is going to be an armybook with 12 new armylists (dwarf slayer list, chaos siege list...)

that's all I know...

niels
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

Rumoured lists include -

Belakors Daemon Host
Slayer Army
Lothern Sea Guard
Clan Eshin
Errantry War
Sylvanian Von Carstein VC
Expanded Cult of Ulric
Black Orc Army
Expanded Chaos including the Hellcannon which may or may not only be limited to siege games (now that's a great way to sell a model :? so chances are it won't be limited to siege)

And of course the Cult Of Pleasure (Slaanesh Dark Elves)

There are several others including rumours that Ogre Kingdoms may be available for SOC though I doubt this.

Remember these are only rumours at this stage as is any specualtion as to what DE campaign objective is. For the definitve answers we will have to wait. Regardless whatever our objective we should act in concert for the betterment of Druchii as a whole whether you support our objective or not.
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Aerys
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aerys »

There are several others including rumours that Ogre Kingdoms may be available for SOC though I doubt this.

I believe Ogre Kingdom is not a part of SoC, but will be released after the Bret. and before the WE as an normal army.
If you shoot at mimes, should you use a silencer?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I wish Underway could be here, he is the SCO Organiser. He should have it all planned out.

May Khaine Smile Upon You!
//Lord N
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Regardless whatever our objective we should act in concert for the betterment of Druchii as a whole whether you support our objective or not.

What, exactly, is our objective? Do we know? Do we get to decide? Or will GW have all the say? Are we going to have an overall site strategy?
So many questions...and I have no answers.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Lord_korael
Corsair

Post by Lord_korael »

Odds are, it will be like EoT and we can do whatever we want. We'll probably be allied with Chaos but might be given free reign as to where we go. It's the whole evil vs good thing.
The fools of Ulthuan will soon feel my blade.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Wait for Underway to return from xmas hols :D
Warbucks
Corsair

Post by Warbucks »

Free Reign of what we want to do? hmmm... I have some strategy ideas, but maybe I should post them in another Thread or something.

Maybe later!
Kheinach
Warrior

Post by Kheinach »

I have read several times that Morathi will be leading an expedition into Lustria to pillage the treasures of the Old Ones. There is also a rumour that this will affect the events in the main Chaos v Empire campaign by effectively weakening the Slann and the magics holding Chaos in check, allowing Chaos players to gain more power. I'm not sure how reliable this is, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Deep amid naif innocence, evil lurks
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

that is true ;)

Comrade Igor
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

What was that name of that Slann mage lord that rode into battle on a stegadon?
A battle between him and Morathi would be awsome! Odds are that the stegadon stomps her down but what the hell :roll: she might score a critical wound against him first!
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

i think it was either a kroxigor, ar a large saurus

Comrade Igor
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Mezzodusmi or something like that. Very cool geomancer that guy is.
Seth
Beastmaster
Location: In happyland ! dancing, singing and dallying with all my cute bunny-friends !

Post by Seth »

geomancer :?:
The darkness you see in those around you may not really be in them, but the shadow self within that you are projecting
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

I think it means he could control the weather doesn't it? (I'm not sure...)
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Morfaenor
Executioner

Post by Morfaenor »

I hate the new Liz magic. Its not easy to go against :evil:
When the blood starts to flow grab a cup and get it down you.
Kheinach
Warrior

Post by Kheinach »

geomancer

It means that he could basically control the planet (same root as geography). Hhe could create earthquakes, floods, move hills around (also an old High Magic spell) and do pretty much whatever he wanted. His name was Mazdamundi.
Deep amid naif innocence, evil lurks
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

yupp, or what do you say about a magic that hits everything HARD all the way to a corner from the mage? :shock:
Earthquake he had to, AND he could split OCEANS, in game tearms he could throw his little magic and walk over a river/sea with the entire army without problems.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

In the Lizardmen book fluff he lead an army to Karond Kar to recover lost artifacts and only escaped DE vengance because he moved an entire mountain to cover the Lizzies retreat. Now thats magic :shock:
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

Kroak is the one we need to worry about, why? Cos he is a FIRST GENERATION SLANN MAGE PRIEST
Malisteen
Shade

Post by Malisteen »

Kroak is, however, reduced in power. Geomancy is a serious threat to our tactical plans in lustria, Morathi is no match for a 2nd gen slaan.

As for what we know, not much yet. We know that the main events of the campaign will be abbadon's assault on the empire. Beasts and woodies are fighting it out for sacred groves, high elves are sending their navy to help the empire. Brettonia and dwarves are presumably also sending armies to aid the empire.

Vamp counts are rumored to be fighting for team good. Skaven presumably would be part of team evil, but their overall actions in the campaign are still in doubt. Tomb Kings are a complete mystery, but they seem to be planning on attacking the skaven. Lizardmen are fending us off and sending magic to help against chaos.

We're fighting primarily on two fronts, first the cult of pleasure, led by morathi, is pushing south into lustria looking for magical trinkets. Second, Malekith is using the opportunity presented by the absence of the better part of the high elf navy to redouble the push against the high elves in Ulthuan.

What we don't know is A) the mechanics of this campaign, and B) what side the tomb kings will be on. We have allied with them in the past in fluff, we should be trying very hard to woo them to our side. If they attack skaven that will drain away any support we might gain from the rats in our battles in Lustria. Furthermore, the tomb kings are a magically powerful race, and we can use any magical help we can get against the Slaan. The lizards are intimidating, perhaps we could convince the Tomb Kings to aid us against the Asur? Black arks and ships of bone again sailing together? Problem is, Dark elves and high elves will probably be the only armies able to post victories in Ulthuan.

Again, without knowledge of the mechanics there will be trouble formulating grand strategies. I think the most important goal right now is fostering some kind of peace between the skaven and the tomb kings, freeing up one or the other or both to help us. The other thing we should be doing is preparing a secret, highly organized spy ring of dark elves posing as high elves and reporting to Underway or some other key SoC organizer. If we can weasle our way into one or two of those locked boards then we'll have something to offer potential allies.
~nik

Post by Guest »

I don`t like the idea of the cult of pleasure. We are to control Khaos not become its minions.
I played in fifth edition againts lord mazdamundi. Man did he give me a beating. Turn one moved the mountain where my RBT used to be. That ment 400 points lost to one spell. The mountain was put on top of my 42 point per mini Coks and on turn 2 I gave up...

Fallenone.
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

Yes let's orginazie some spies to get into the HE locked boards! And let's post about our plans to do so on our open board!

They will never see it comming :roll: