"The Plan" so far.

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Gabo22 wrote:We need a strong CoD if we want to beat those CoL scum and get the precious treasures of the old ones!!!

I disagree. All WE need is a Non Agression Pact that will keep everyone else out of our way, and us out of theirs. Help is nice, but we don't "need" it. We can handle ourselves fine as long as we do not have to deal with other threats and they dont have to deal with us.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Grey knight
Slave on the Altar

Post by Grey knight »

If I may offer an opinion, as a newcomer to the Dark Elves:

Who is the real thread to us, in this world? The Asur? Surely not, for they barely manage to keep us from their island. The empires of men? They have nothing to look for in Naggaroth.

Skaven? No. Orcs? *smile* Of course not. The Lizardmen of Lustria are a potential thread, but it looks like we'll be the ones attacking them.

Then who is it?

The only force that is a danger to us, in my opinion, is Chaos itself. They have the only army that could pose a thread to us. If I was allowed to choose, I'd say: let us form a non-aggression pact with Chaos, so they believe they can focus on the Empire. Regardless of the outcome of the war in the Old World, Chaos will be weakened by it. That is when we strike. If we trust north, we can send Chaos back to the void it came from and end their corruption of the world.

I do think it is corruption. Especially this Cult of Pleasure. Chaos managed to tear the Asur society apart. They can do that again with ours. It's Slaanesh who is trying to make us fight amonst ourselves, isn't that right?

The only race I would consider allying are the Tomb Kings, for reasons already noted earlier in this thread. Orcs and Skaven can be used to further weaken Chaos, so an "alliance" could be formed. I personally do not trust Vampires, but that is an option as well.

So as you can see, I don't really believe we are on the "dark" side of this campaign. I say we rally some armies to our cause, not Chaos', and then take what is ours: Lustria, and then Ulthuan.

- A Grey Knight

*Note: I've never participated in a campaign like this, and I'm perfectly aware my view doesn't make much sense if this is going to be a "dark versus light" campaign, where we can choose to either ally or die divided. Which would be quite lame, in my opinion. I'm a Dark Elf, ok? I don't feel nice and comfy with alliances. (:

If we, however, are able (by the rules) to create a third party in this campaign, then I'd say: let's do it!
Lasthope
Corsair

Post by Lasthope »

I pretty shere no matter what we think about chaos both good and bad we will probably be thrown with them in the campagin to make it more good vs evil.
:roll:
For the Dark Lady
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

Sure, lets lend a hand to chaos, but I want us to keep most of our forces at our north and south borders, this includes our watch towers, we need to keep a good ammount of our forces at the northern watch towers to also repel chaos becuase in my opinion it would be just like chaos to go off and attack us from the north to try and increase their borders to get ever so closer to the lizardmen, we must be careful, we must make our allies but also we must watch them. We probably aren't going to have much of a choice anyways, my main concerns are keeping our watch towers well guarded both north and south and keep our main fight with the Asur as usual, and one more thing.... I do not agree with the cult of slannesh and I care not of their intentions during SoC, let them go to lustria, they will be unsupported and the CoL is already expecting it.
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Keïnach
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Keïnach »

I agree with Grey Knight when he's talking about the danger to be the blinked ally of the chaos.

if we have all the watch towers well guarded, where we got numerous men to create great forces? so we must make an alliance with chaos's forces but we must control the power of him, and be ready to backstab him

we must conclued a non-agression pact with skavens in lustria. we must avoid a great war with them. (and every knows the value of a pact with them)

and we must conclued a "veridic and sincere" (uhh... for druchhis, you know ;) ) alliance with the TK so it's ipossible (and not interesting) an alliance with VC.
When I was a child, I was a Jedi.
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

As I have said before it looks like th eTomb Kings are thinking of allying with you and the skaven, then kicking in the lizzies buts
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

Any atempt to invade Lustria will need the support of Skaven. They already have quite a strong presence there and it would be helpful if they fought with us. You would not want to be fighting lizardmen on one side an skaven on the other. Let us use the animosity beetwen these two races to our advantage.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

Ahil Lathanast wrote:Any atempt to invade Lustria will need the support of Skaven. They already have quite a strong presence there and it would be helpful if they fought with us. You would not want to be fighting lizardmen on one side an skaven on the other. Let us use the animosity beetwen these two races to our advantage.

Please read the post just above your own......
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

It's threat not thread ;)

What we are posting in is a thread....those Cold ones over there is a threat...

And now when I think of it, is there not a vampire colony in west lustria? A potential ally?
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

And now when I think of it, is there not a vampire colony in west lustria? A potential ally?

yes the mosquito coast but I seriously doubt the VC will be on the side of dark this time....
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Daod
Black Guard

Post by Daod »

Just to keep an eye on what the opposition is doing I got the link to the open forum for the conclave of light. It was actually quite easy to find, just looking around some boards (silly lizardmen).

http://members.lycos.co.uk/ricold640480 ... /index.php
There is no truer friend than a blade, no swifter argument than a bolt.

... no matter what you say in a discussion with a woman, it's always the wrong thing.
-Yokozuna
Daod
Black Guard

Post by Daod »

Actually, after looking the site over, it's laughable. I hope they pull together by summer, otherwise we wouln't have anyone worth taking as slaves.
There is no truer friend than a blade, no swifter argument than a bolt.

... no matter what you say in a discussion with a woman, it's always the wrong thing.
-Yokozuna
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

I don't know about VC, a wild card I must say....Von carstein wants the throne of the empire, and he will crush anyone who threatens his chance for it.
So VC will probably be up against chaos....and maybe ally with the empire untill chaos is no more, but then....
And the lizzards is not in that aggreement I would say ;)

*unexpected allies*

ohh they got spies on the chaos board, how interresting...

*waves to the spies*
Geophrim
Dark Rider
Location: Attempting to become an Executioner through practice in smelly kendo dojo's...AKA Cambridge, MA

Post by Geophrim »

Is there a Skaven racial site, and has anyone approached them formally yet about an SoC alliance/non-aggression treaty?
Geophrim Auvryndar, Dark Warden to the Temple of Khaine in Ghrond, Captain of the "Returners". "BLOOD FOR KHAINE'S CUP!!!"
Skaven_micester
Shade

Post by Skaven_micester »

any one know a good skaven site?? its anoying only be able to talk with druchii !lol!
The plague is out there...
The swarm is coming...
And all around is death!
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

skaven_micester wrote:any one know a good skaven site?? its anoying only be able to talk with druchii !lol!

we feel insulted..... :evil:

Comrade Igor
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Cathalir irz
Shade

Post by Cathalir irz »

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Warhamme ... howforum=9 is a skaven site don't know how good it is though cause i have only just found it
Cathalir irz
Shade

Post by Cathalir irz »

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Warhamme ... howforum=9 is a skaven site don't know how good it is though cause i have only just found it
Lasthope
Corsair

Post by Lasthope »

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Warhammer_Palace/index.php?s=91d5c1db0f40347f68683a32b974adc4&showtopic=1487

lol does any race ever trust us, well they do have good reason not to trust us. :twisted:
For the Dark Lady
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

LastHope wrote:http://invisionfree.com/forums/Warhammer_Palace/index.php?s=91d5c1db0f40347f68683a32b974adc4&showtopic=1487

lol does any race ever trust us, well they do have good reason not to trust us. :twisted:

Doubt it, they have a good reason though.
Last edited by Teifion on Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dson
Slave on the Altar

SOC

Post by Dson »

Let there forces wear each other out and in typical druchii fashion we should strike where they expect it the least. The lizardmen r no match for our powerfull armies. :twisted:
Dson
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dson »

ok, on a more serious note, i'd like to see some help from the other races in the coalition, if only to help further our own ends of course......[/url]
Iradas shadowkiller
Slave on the Altar

Post by Iradas shadowkiller »

Let skaven attack the Lizzies, gives us some time to withstand the attack which chaos will aim at us.
Mercy is for the ***** ones!
Ostron
Assassin

Post by Ostron »

If I may make a general suggestion:

It occurs to me that an "alliance" is not what we want with anyone. That term carries a note of permanence to it that I don't think anyone wants. It may actually be the reason our diplomatic efforts aren't going as well as they might be.

I think if we use "nonagression pact" or (when talking to the O & G) "we don't kill you, you don't kill us", it would make things go more smoothly. It's actually closer to what we want anyway, becuase an alliance implies shared resources, trust, shared spoils of war , etc. We just want people to know what we're doing and not get in our way so we can avoid a situation where everyone's attacking one army and all of a sudden we've got a Chaos lord, Tomb King, Druchii Highborn and a Warboss all in the same place while the good guys are roaming around everywhere else.

As for the Skaven, I've been looking and it doesn't appear that they have a cohesive race site like this one or Ulthuan.org. the message board already posted seems to be the closest thing, and there's already been an envoy sent. I'd suggest we may want to start approaching the Skaven players individually unless and until someone finds a site that we all missed.

P.S. I did find a few that seemed to be in German. Sprachen sie Deutche?