"The Plan" so far.

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

"The Plan" so far.

Post by Underway »

Otherwise known as what I have done already:

OK the SoC is comming up on us fairly quickly and there is still a bit of work to be done. Here is the information that I have collected on the Dark Elves so far:

1) There will be a Cult of Pleasure Army list that is lead by Morathi.

2) Malekith will still be fighting the war in Ulthuan

3) Morathi will be leading the Cult of Pleasure to Lustria to get magical artifacts.

4) The more battles fought and won in Lustria will negatively affect the Conclave of Lights efforts in Middenhiem. This is for two reasons. One is that the Lizardmen will have to divert forces from the empire to fight the DE invaders. The other is as more magical items are taken and temples defiled the Lizardmen magics that assist in holding back the winds of chaos will be weakened. As such the winds will blow more strongly over the Empire and the Deamonic Legions will be sustained. Interestingly chaos wins and losses in Middenheim will probably not affect Druchii fates in Lustria as directly. :twisted:

5) Battles fought in Ulthuan (if they are allowed to be posted there) will not effect the efforts in Middenheim. This is because the HE are sending naval forces (hence the Sea Guard army) to the Empire, not their standing army. As such the DE/HE conflict will not be effected. The main bulk of the forces are still in place.

6) The Chaos forces will not be invading Naggaroth in any great numbers. All efforts of Archaon will be focused on the Old World and Middenhiem.

7) Druchii.net is the largest race specific site on the internet for WHFB as far as I can tell. That is saying something. This means we are the lightning rod for all of the conclave of lights machinations (esp the Lizardmen and HE). We actually outnumber the total membership on all the Conclave of Lights boards so far. That also gives us great power of unity.

What I do not know and need help finding out:

1) There is rumoured to be a Conclave of Darkness out there somewhere. I can't find it (probably because it is a polish site or something). Anyone who can find it please post or send me an PM on where it is.

2) I can't find any really good chaos, skaven or evil races sites (not that I looked to hard for the rats). Please send me some sites that are good representations of these races.

3) Whether or not the game mechanics will be similar to the EoT or not. I do not belive they will be as the wins in Lustria detracting from the CoL efforts in the Old World seem more of a linear mechanic than key % control levels. The more wins and the more battles the greater the effect. Every battle has an effect, not just battles that cause a drop in control by 20% with knock on effects. Seems more like this-

DE win 20 battles in Lustria
Lizardmen win 15 battles
DE +5

Empire wins 20 battles in Middenheim
Chaos wins 15 battles
Empire +5

Actual game effects Empire +5 - DE +5 = Tie in middenheim for control purposes.

Now this is all speculation. Any information on game mechanics is sorely needed as this will directly affect any plans and strategies that are developed.

4) I don't know whether battles fought in Ulthuan are important or not. I actually think that they will not take place because I don't see the affect they could have on Middenheim due to the reason I stated above. Any strategy developed will certainly take into account the racial hatred we have for the Asur.

So here is the plan as far as it goes for now. Collect more information. I have a few ideas on how I would like the DE to enter and play in this conflict but certainly not everyone will agree. And this next point is so important I will give it its own line.

I personally and racially don't care two hoots about whether chaos wins or the CoL wins. All I care about is winning for the Druchii. My personal feelings here are conquer Lustria, and Ulthuan screw the rest for now. Let Chaos and the CoL fight it out in the Old World. We have our own goals as Druchii and should not care about the goals of the inferior races unless they can be manipulated to asssist our own. Our goals should not be polluted by the needs of others. Our needs and desires are the only thing that counts. The rest of the races can burn for all I care.

That being said maybe some of you belive that the Druchii should ally with Chaos directly and plan out attacks in conjunction. This is a site decision to make. Not mine. I would like to hear everyones imput in this before we go ahead with any alliances or strategies. Being the largest race specific site gives us a number of advantages and quite a few disadvantages as well. We need to develop a plan that maximizes the advantages and minimizes the disadvantages.

As always your humble servant
Last edited by Underway on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

we have to do what is best for us, our race

if that means allieng with chaos then it shall be done ;)

Comrade igor
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Syriak
Dark Rider

Post by Syriak »

Read this... The CoD is not formed yet...

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fghp67083warham ... 1191.topic

Post by Guest »

http://groups.msn.com/TheBloodKeep/_homepage.msnw

there is a good vamp counts site fof you if you want it.
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

Well, IF the HE get's their asses REALY handed to them in their home, I think that the sea guard would come running strait home.
So yes, battle in ulthuan can have some effects on Middenheim.
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

What happens to the other races is of no significance. We should ignore them and create our own plans. Conquering Lustria and gaining a foothold on Ulthuan are both worthwhile objectives.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

nodding_donkey wrote:Read this... The CoD is not formed yet...

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fghp67083warham ... 1191.topic

That is quite a funky little site. I went over there just now and voiced my opinions :D
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

That site is disturbing. From what I see, they don't trust us. And personally, I don't blame them! They should FEAR us.
Other than that, is there really ANYONE we could ally with? I mean, who can we really use to our advantage? Chaos is out after the CoL, while we basically want to gain back as much power as we can, as well as taking as much as possible from the Slann...(and don't forget smacking the Asur around for fun)
As far as Skaven go, they could likely help us out, as they hate the Slann almost as much as we hate the Asur. Vamp Counts are against Chaos this time I hear, and I thought Grimgor was facing off against Crom? Tomb Kings don't usually leave their land, so that pretty much leaves us with no one evil we could rely on or use effectivly.
if I have said anything way off hear, please correct me or bring it to my attention.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Daod
Black Guard

Post by Daod »

Does the CoD really matter? From what I've seen, the war across the sea has no real effect on us. If chaos wins, we don't gain anything. If chaos loses, we lose nothing. It seems that we are more like the Tau or Orks from the 40k EoT campain, really out for ourselves. It seems like we're going to spend the time killing the Asur and plundering lustria, so why do we care how chaos does? I can't really think of any race were we would really benefit from an alliance with. Why do we need one?
There is no truer friend than a blade, no swifter argument than a bolt.

... no matter what you say in a discussion with a woman, it's always the wrong thing.
-Yokozuna
Warbucks
Corsair

Post by Warbucks »

Our best bet is to worry about Naggaroth and our own personal gains. Well, it looks like we are going to be on the offensive for this campaign. A few questions though, maybe Underway can answer these or someone else.

The Chaos aren't invading in great numbers? Does this mean they will be launching attacks on Naggaroth and we need some sort of City Guard ready to expel them (if Malekith is fighting in Ulthuan and Morathi is in Lustria)?

I know we hate the High Elves and they are ******* (wow, that isn't even a bad word), but they aren't sending their main army over to the Old World to fight the Chaos? Is Chaos going to be coming to them (the HE)? Could we use this to our advantage to gain precious ground on Ulthian? If any Chaos was going to Ulthuan, that is the only alliance I would recommend myself (basically a personal gain) :twisted: .

I guess I have more questions, but I will leave it at that for now.
Last edited by Warbucks on Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karanos
Trainee Warrior

Post by Karanos »

dear generals, I propose to use the usual tactics we are famous for: quick raids in Lustria to obtain artifacts and let chaos attack wherever it wants: then stab it with fury :twisted: only problem is that archaon has little chances against Valten and perhaps also Tyrion. We need him to kill them, and when we will be exausted, we will finish him, conquering Lustria, the empire, and putting back chaos armies. Ulthuan will be for our pleasure and carefulness :twisted: :mrgreen:
The Art of War...Druchii's Style!
Silentbob
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Silentbob »

what about all the other races, skaven n so on. they r gunna b involved somehow and it could affect how all this works out.
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

I really have picked the worst possible armies as far as this campaign goes.

I play Dark Elves, Middenland Empire and Lustria Lizardmen :roll: .

From what I've heard the Dark Elf Slaanesh list sounds by far the nicest variant list out of all of the ones for these races.

However I do not want Chaos to take Middenheim as my Empire army is from Middenland.

Also I would like to use my Lizardmen army which should be ready by the summer.

No idea what to do. My opponent plays Vampyres and High Elves. Does that help in any way? I would only like to use one army and don't what it should be. Dark Elves look the coolest but if there are going to be a load of Slaanesh Daemons it may be a bit too expensive for my liking.

Sorry guys there's a chance I may not be fighting for the Druchii :( .
Plaguescythe
Noble

Post by Plaguescythe »

i agree with karanos.....it would be more sensable to be optomistic...twitle our thumbs until we see an opening and the let the mayham start on all we feel like.
Chosen Warlord Of Nurgle
Ostron
Assassin

Post by Ostron »

Speaking of other armies, does anyone know what the O & G are doing?

My opinion seems in line with a majority of the people here: Concentrate on Lustria, and if the opportunity presents itself branch to Ulthuan. Anything else should be done on target of opportunity basis. I'm basing that on the idea that there seem to be obvious rewards for us if we succeed in Lustria (magic items) whereas anywhere else the benefits would be less obvious, if they exist at all.

I think we should keep in mind that we may, at times, want to consider "bailing out" the Middenheim forces if they get into trouble. The reason for that is twofold. First, if the chaos offensive there collapses, it is possible other races may send more reinforcements to Lustria since they would not be as worried about defense. Second, if we bail Chaos out at some point, it would give us some leverage, since our alliance with them is shaky at best.
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

Thanks to the big mouths of many I doubt we will have an alliance and as such should proceed under the assumption that we are going it alone Cult of Pleasure not withstanding. The vitriol directed at our natural (and possibly only) allies has made it almost impossible to convince anyone of our intention to remain focussed on the New World.

We should commit no forces anywhere but Ulthuan and Lustria because of this.

Concentrate on our racial targets now that we have next to no chance of forming an alliance with chaos.
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

We are the Conclave of Darkness are we not ?

What is happening regarding Tomb Kings.
Last edited by Teifion on Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

In any case the dark side (ohh a starwars moment) should have some sought of alleigence we can deal with the pesky dark elves after they've helped us defeat their even peskier brethren.

:lol: Ahh those chaos people :roll:

I'm thinking unholy alliance....[woooohaaa] But with who?
Kheinach
Warrior

Post by Kheinach »

2) What is happening regarding Tomb Kings, they are on the side of darkness, so I can still help you lot.

I have managed to find one TK site (at invisionfree.com/forums/warhammer-palace), along with sites for all other races, and it appears that the CoL considers TK to be on their side! Ambassadors have been sent to the Kings asking for their allegiance. From what I've seen the ambassadors have been rejected (there's quite a funny thread with a very arrogant and undiplomatic Bretonnian player), but there seems to be a locked site where SoC is being planned that I can't access. Maybe we should keep an eye on this site?
Deep amid naif innocence, evil lurks
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

Maybe the tomb Kings are planning what the dark elfs are planning(IF we don't get any allies).
A free for all....The tomb kings position seems very good, striking distance of everything...)
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Here is the idea for alliances. If chaos wants to go it alone then let them. They are not invading Naggaroth (as someone asked me earlier). They are concentrating all their forces (as far as I know) in Middenheim. There is a rumour that some of the chaos forces want to strike at ulthuan and undo the magical vortex. That can only work in our favour. Chaos posting wins in Ulthuan (assuming it is a battle zone) is a great for the Druchii. More evil control.

We directly effect chaos's efforts in middenheim due to reason I explained above. As such if they do or do not make an alliance it makes no difference.

They way I look at it we should make ovatures to any evil race that does not come into direct conflict with our goals. That is the smart thing to do. The TK do not conflict out goals. There is also a fluff historical alliance between Settra and the DE date back thousands of years. The VC are fighting chaos but the more we as DE increase the winds of magic the greater the power of the VC armies as they need winds of magic to sustain their walking dead.

We have the hammer here boys and girls. The winds of magic are directly related to how well the DE do in the campaign do to our direct influence on both Ulthuan and Lustria the magic drainpipes. Any evil race should seriously consider the DE as an ally if our goals are mutualy exclusive.
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

As a Tomb King player I would say that an alliacne would help both of us.
Last edited by Teifion on Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tzares
Cold One Knight

Post by Tzares »

This is what i was seeing on their site:

"In any case the dark side (ohh a starwars moment) should have some sought of alleigence we can deal with the pesky dark elves after they've helped us defeat their even peskier brethren. "

And to this i just say: We can march our troops in the chaos land while they r fighting in the Empire....... Lets kill`em all :twisted: