An accomidation with the TK.

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

An accomidation with the TK.

Post by Underway »

So with great pleasure I read this scroll written in the Witch Kings own hand.

"It is with great pleasure that I Malekith Rightful Ruler of all elves announce to you this day that the King of Khemri, Settra the Unperishable has agreed in principal to a pairing of our resources. This marks a new day for Druchii and the Tomb Kings. Togther we will defeat our enemies and ride the storm of chaos. We will be like gods themselves and the hated Asur will perish beneath our blades. This I declare"

In non-pompus terms I have negotiated an pact between the TK of Warhammer Palace and Druchii.net. Kingphasteous (thier mod) has agreed in principal that it is our best bet to keep one another informed of our manouvers and to not fight battles between the DE and TK. We should if at all possible focus our efforts on wiping out the Lizardmen. The TK will attack the southlands and the Druchii will attack Lustria.

This does not mean that a few of you out there cannot continue to fight TK (especially if they are your brothers hated army etc...) but that all fights with TK should be avoided if possible in an effort to concentrate our forces and victories against important enemies.

I was going to keep this a secret but I have received a few emails/PM's inducating that many of you do not think I am doing very much. Well here is proof that I am trying to get the druchii prepared as best as possible.

There are back room deals going on with the VC, Chaos and Skaven as we speak but there are quite a few people opposing any pacts for the time being in these seperate boards. I am working towards getting at least a solid answer.
Sneaky the ii
Assassin

Post by Sneaky the ii »

cOngratulations...
And you thought it couldn´t get any worse...
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

This is very positive news indeed. One question though: do Druchii wins against Southlands armies help our war against Lustrian armies?
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Our next ally we should try and secure should be the Skaven. A little tip when sending out propositions to their sites, don't write it as if a Dark Elf is writing it (all the "From the court of the Witch King etc.") If so they are likely to respond as if a Skaven is responding and thus will include and quite possibly influence a large amount of backstabbing :) .

Obviously the possibility of a larger grip on Lustria will tempt them but another main point about the Skaven is that they are allying with Chaos (all these rumours about helping Archaon with his siege) and so could provide a bridge between us and Chaos. Also from my assumptions there are quite a few Skaven players around and many people complain about stuff in their army being cheap but powerful. A good ally to have, just don't allow their players to get wrapped up in their backstabbing fluff!

VC apparently could be on the good side (though I've heard this maybe just Manfred's variant list.) I don't see them as that important an ally as they will be primarily fighting in the Old World.

Chaos are an obvious ally that we want as they will be attacking almost all the CoL armies. However we must be careful they do not attack the watchtowers.

Orcs may not be such a good army to ally with. I doubt they will help us much as they will be fighting in the Old World but if we want to ally with Khemri then proof of our loyalty would be apparent if we declared war on the Badlands (which are just north of Khemri.)

Thoughts?
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

There are VC on the Vampire Coast in Lustria. Making alliances with the VC would assist us in many way. Besides, if you noticed I did not use the term alliance. I used the term PACT. That means we can make an agreement without having to be in direct alliance.

For example with the VC I am trying to show them that by not attacking each other we would benifit our mutual goals. DE have no conflicting goals with the VC and this should be talked about. We could get into each others way if we did not make a pact, but an alliance would be too far to the friendly side for both our races. A pact or a deal is a good place to start.

I have given up making a Pact with chaos for now. They can't even decide what they want to do as a goup right now. When someone steps forward to take charge of their group as a whole I will talk. Fighting each other is just going to make both of us lose the campaign. Let them concentrate of Middenheim, we concentrate on Lustria and just keep an eye on one another to make sure we don't break the nonagression. A bit like Russia and Germany made over Poland in WW11. Lets just hope that Chaos does not start "OPERATION BARBAROSSA" on us...

Oh and on that note there or CoL personell who are trying to foment friction between Chaos and DE. So far it has worked on the Chaos boards, not so much here (as many druchii realize that the CoL is out there). Just so everyone is aware of these sabatours. Keep your eyes peeled. 8)
Tayrod
Spawn of Slaanesh
Location: Over the hills and far away (ie: In Norway somewhere)

Post by Tayrod »

Underway wrote:A bit like Russia and Germany made over Poland in WW11. Lets just hope that Chaos does not start "OPERATION BARBAROSSA" on us...
8)

LOL! Now that whould be funny (pictuering chaos units hobbeling around in the bad wheather of naggaroth theire weapons freezing and being unable to, fire-errrrmm, strike?)
And the kneecaps connected to the ... *&¤%#% ... oh darn
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

I am now attempting to reach the same accomidation with the TK on the Sands of Khemri site. The more people not attacking us the better, don't you think.
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Underway what do you feel about declaring war with the Orcs and Badlands so as to show Khemri we are willing to help them? Do you think attacking the Orcs is a good idea? Do you think Tomb King players will approve and respect that decision?
Kerd'ahin
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kerd'ahin »

many of you do not think I am doing very much.

Heads are going to fall, just give their name... :twisted:

More seriously good news and great job with the TK

I agree with the idea of a non agression pact rather than an alliance, anyway, both wouldn't have prevented some of the Druchii from attacking TK.

I am now attempting to reach the same accomidation with the TK on the Sands of Khemri site.

Shouldn't we leave this for the warhammer palace TK ambassador and concentrate on allying with the skaven? (It is only an humble question)
We Are The True Rulers Of Ulthuan
Soon We Will Take Back What Is Rightfully Ours
Never Forgive
Never Forget
Kerd'ahin
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kerd'ahin »

http://groups.msn.com/TheThirteen

Someone suggested this site to contact a skaven community

but i should also recommend to ask High Lord Axus (if not already done)

My guess he knows the adress of a large Sk community
We Are The True Rulers Of Ulthuan
Soon We Will Take Back What Is Rightfully Ours
Never Forgive
Never Forget
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Underway what do you feel about declaring war with the Orcs and Badlands so as to show Khemri we are willing to help them? Do you think attacking the Orcs is a good idea? Do you think Tomb King players will approve and respect that decision?

Not really that good of an idea IMHO. We agreed that if we both attack south that would cause enormous pressure on the Lizardmen, possibly having knock on effects on both continents. Also the TK seem to look upon the badlands as their "living space" while we still have a whole two continents (three if you count Ulthuan) that we can spread too. I would think that consolidating our resources in the Western Hemisphere would be our best bet. All orc wins should be posted in the Blackspine range or someplace closer to home. Don't spread ourselves to thin.

About killing orcs sure. Kill as many as possible. They infest the lands of the New World as well. Why not wipe them out? Besides I need a new Orcskin saddle... :twisted:

Shouldn't we leave this for the warhammer palace TK ambassador and concentrate on allying with the skaven? (It is only an humble question)

I am quite capable of doing two things at once. The TK ambassador is actually me. There are also a number of members on both sites. It shouldn't be to long now. As for the skaven they are a far more tricky proposition to deal with...
Arkash
Cold One Knight

Post by Arkash »

Great work! Keep it up
Oh and by the way, I think that Slaanesh should be destroyed.
Daod
Black Guard

Post by Daod »

The British navy says it best... Huzah! Huzah!

I really hope you manage to get the Vampires on our side (on a purely personal level)... My only opponents who live nearby play the damned Asur, the Empire, the Bretonnians, the Lizardmen, and Vampire Counts. If we're against the counts, I wouln't be able to play a 2v2 game... Ah well, we must all do the will of the Witch King.
There is no truer friend than a blade, no swifter argument than a bolt.

... no matter what you say in a discussion with a woman, it's always the wrong thing.
-Yokozuna
Heh
Noble
Location: TRYING to finish painting all the minis that I have....

Post by Heh »

Well.....great work and cheers to all the tomb king ambassadors for securing the pact with the tomb kings.... :D
IMHO......I agree that we shouldn't attack the orcs in the badlands......risk spreading our forces too thinly.......and I agree that having a compromise with any VC in lustria would greatly benefit us........
Lasthope
Corsair

Post by Lasthope »

Wow a really good start, and hopfully more pacts like this is going to happen in the futur really good job Underway ;)
For the Dark Lady
Orteo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Orteo »

Just curious, how big is this community of TK? I know a lot of the sites out there has an active community of about 20 people. I don't think it is really worth our time to target these sites specifically, as we will need hundreds of battles for it to really mean anything. The largest (or couple of largest if there are more than one of decent size) sites should be enough. Hopefully those sites have enough overlap to bring the smaller ones into our pact/alliance/whatever you want to call it. Then move on to the next one. If you have extra time, go ahead and check out the smaller boards, but I don't think it is all that necessary.
We've all begun to die, and don't know what to do.
Since it hurts to pray to God, when God is dying too.
Takes strength to laugh, when you start to drown.
And we dance while the sky crashes down.

-Jason Webley
Megapimp
Noble

Post by Megapimp »

Great work!

And a non agression pact with VC sounds good(me beeing a vampire by the name Bob).
Darkadon
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Darkadon »

I ally with no one :evil: ! Any race that stands between me and Ulthuan shall feel my wrath!
Cheap GW minis

www.gc-minis.com
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

The Tomb Kings are a powerful ally, if the skaven join too and Chaos make a non-aggresion pact then I can see some dark days for the Druchii.........
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

Good stuff UW!
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Asmodeus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Asmodeus »

I'm actually a moderator on the Sands of Khemri site, Underway. I'll make sure to say something too, and try to get the admin to maybe start a subforum about it :)
Witch Elves still suck ;).
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

All right cool! Some progress at last. way to go underway.
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Nedorus
Warrior

Post by Nedorus »

The work is progessing. Thanks to both Underway and High Lord Axus. The pact between you the Druchii and us the TK is beneficial for both our races I believe.

I'm sure that other sites of TK will follow. And since there are many TK players who see the benefit of such a pact with the Druchii already, I think their number will now grow like an avalanch.

regards
Nedorus
He who fights may loose, he who doesn't has already lost ---------- Bertolt Brecht

To love victory is easy, to love the fight takes true strength ---------- Dr. James E. Loehr
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

The Skaven should be our next targets to make a pact with, then the Vampire Counts (assuming they will be able to fight in Lustria.)
Aki asura
Beastmaster

Post by Aki asura »

If we made a pact with the Skaven, that would really help. I really think they are an insanely strong list (If you visit the tactics forum, i'm sure your aware of this by now) and could help.

Chaos we should fight against if only because many people play chaos (thus allowing us to score more victories across the nation) and of course the lizardmen. Lizardmen means i have a whooping 2 out of 36 opponents. With chaos included i have 18-20 depending on what some chaos players use for the campigian.
Do you envy me, General?
No, i do not.
You will fear me one day
-Raistlin majere