Do WE have the numbers?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Creamster
Slave (off the Altar)

Do WE have the numbers?

Post by Creamster »

During EoT the FoO vastly out-numbered the FoD. But we still won :P

The only thing that we could not beat them on was systems (and certain planets) that waa not connected to others. This means that attacking these locations was a battle for the most wins.

Because Lustria is miles away from middenhiem i doubt that we will get more then one location to attack the jungle. This could work for our advantage...

druchii.net is the largest fan based site and chaos is the most popular army (by far). But we are faced with many races to fight, so it could be close to 50/50. I feel that we will only face asur weaklings and bloated frogs.

So do you think that we will have the numbers to beat these two foes in a straight fight?
One community,
One army,
One goal...
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

I hope so, remember that you do have the alligence of the Tomb Kings and http://www.worldofchaos.co.uk is asking for a non-aggressino pact, it is a fast growing site.

So overall I think so.
Mandly
Assassin

Post by Mandly »

We should have a poll about the non-agression pact
People are stupid, they'll believe anything aslong as they want it to be true or fear that it is
- Terry Goodkind, Wizards First Rule
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

You guys definetly have the numbers at least on this forum. The comforting fact is that the druchii have their own little on the side campaign ... if chaos was this organized we'd be in hella trouble.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Thanatos
Assassin

Post by Thanatos »

Enthardon wrote:You guys definetly have the numbers at least on this forum. The comforting fact is that the druchii have their own little on the side campaign ... if chaos was this organized we'd be in hella trouble.

wait was that a complement from the high elf?

to the original thread yes i think we have the numbers, we'll only have to face a few asur due to the fact that they will be helping the empire defend middenhiem, so their forces will be split. if we could get a third race into our fold(we only have us and chaos right?) we could wreak havoc on ulthuan whilst their forces are split between the two corners of the world. I think we should be pretty effective against the frogs and half the asur.
That which is dead cannot die, therefore I am immortal.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

The Dark Angels fought exclusively and selfishly for the ruins of Caliban while Cadia burned."
Let us not make the same mistake the fools made during EoT. Lustria IS our target BAR none...

You do know that the ruins of caliban are a single fortress monastary which has been converted into a huge ship known as "The Rock" which, strangely enough since they defended it so strongly, contains the minor concern of the dark angel's chapter base and their sleeping primarch don't you?
Thee forsaken one
Forsaken Master of Fallen Gods

Re: Do WE have the numbers?

Post by Thee forsaken one »

Creamster wrote:
Because Lustria is miles away from middenhiem i doubt that we will get more then one location to attack the jungle. This could work for our advantage...

druchii.net is the largest fan based site and chaos is the most popular army (by far). But we are faced with many races to fight, so it could be close to 50/50. I feel that we will only face asur weaklings and bloated frogs.

So do you think that we will have the numbers to beat these two foes in a straight fight?

You seem to forget that many of your members are inactive and not all your members play DE so it is a bit more complicated than that. Making assumptions can cost a lot of victories.
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Well, TFO, you said what every non-druchii was thinking on the site haha. In all serious though, you do need to recognize that your numbers are significantly lower than you make them out to be. You still have a lot of players you can mobilize, but other sites out there fairly active as well.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

You seem to forget that many of your members are inactive and not all your members play DE so it is a bit more complicated than that. Making assumptions can cost a lot of victories.

Actually there's a thread somewhere about inactive members. It gives a reasonable explaination for the numbers.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Mandly wrote:We should have a poll about the non-agression pact

Why would you want a poll about something that is just common sense?
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Enthardon wrote:Well, TFO, you said what every non-druchii was thinking on the site haha. In all serious though, you do need to recognize that your numbers are significantly lower than you make them out to be. You still have a lot of players you can mobilize, but other sites out there fairly active as well.

Indeed very true not all site members play dark elves as their primary army and therefor may not use them as religiously as I would through out te campaing and some members don't even play dark elves like you, but over all this site will generally eclipse the largest of CoL sites, further more most people will be concentrating on Archaon while we have our way with lustria :twisted:
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."