READ NOW PLEASE!!!! SEATTLE-area DE generals, ride forth!!

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Geophrim
Dark Rider
Location: Attempting to become an Executioner through practice in smelly kendo dojo's...AKA Cambridge, MA

READ NOW PLEASE!!!! SEATTLE-area DE generals, ride forth!!

Post by Geophrim »

I suspect I may be the only Seattle, Washington based DE general on Druchii.net, but just in case, I have a proposition for you fellow Puget-Sounders. Now, I do not mean to steal Underway's thunder (no offense meant Underway, you are doing an INCREDIBLE JOB!!!) by doing a small bit of organization, but I suspect that this may be a little TOO LOCAL to go through the formal SOC organization so I decided to post myself.

Now, onto the main point (with fluff later too for those who are interested). This coming TUESDAY, July 13th 5:00pm, in the Seattle GW Battle Bunker (in Bellevue's Factoria district off of I-90) is the GW hosted "Lizard Temple" scenario. It's an all-commers event where everyone can bring a 500pt. army and join in the DE attempt to take the lizzy temple and its artifacts. You may have already noticed my crazed "Please Help" army list where I eluded to this event, so if you're interested in some of the army lists I'm using, please feel free to look in our Army List Section (NOTE: I mistakenly wrote Monday in that email, so please ignore that date, the event is on TUESDAY as I wrote here) :oops: .

Anyway, it seems likely from all the conversation that GW sanctioned campaign events mean a lot more comparatively to Druchii success in the Lustria campaign, than any other single Druchii fought one-on-one battles. As such, I ask all Seattle Druchii to not only participate in the event, but let us meet personally to plan our joint attack! I will be in the Seattle Battle Bunker at 7PM on Monday, the day before the event. Just ask for Jeff Kurashige (I'll be hard to miss since I don't think there are many 6'2" genetic-aberation Asian men running around the place). Please join with all the other DE generals we can find and let us not only plan on how to assemble a cohesive force to take the temple (so that, for example, we don't have 5 different DE generals each leading 500pt armies each equipped with a DEATH MASK--massive overkill and mis-appropriation of resources to say the least), but also go over the Temple Scenario in the face of the multi-player aspect.

I hope to see you all there! I will do a paper post at the GW today (Sunday) as well and hope that Seattle Druchii can show those lizardmen that fear of Naggaroth is well placed!!!

Fluff:
A palpable stir of iritation rippled through the host of assembled druchii generals. The dozen elves were already murmuring in irritation, trapped as they were in an overheated tent in the middle of the humid Lustrian jungle. Was such a gathering even necessary? Yet they all turned as one when a youthful DE general, and by FAR one of the tallest druchii they had ever seen, entered the tent.
While his inexperience in battle was certainly suggested in his youth, the zealous fire in his eyes could be doubted by none. He strode confidently to the table around which his fellow druchii stood and slammed a knife into the temple drawn on a map displayed before them all.
"Fellow sons and daugthers of Naggaroth, my thanks for heeding my call! Many of you wonder why a one such as myself, not decorated for repeated victories dedicated to our cause, would attempt to summon you great host. However, I believe now is our time to unite as a truly cohesive force, and like my dagger blade stabbing into the temple map, thrust our collective might through the seeminingly weakening Lustrian Frogs, and claim victory for the Dark Elf cause."
An aged Khainite general stepped forward, glaring at another fellow general who was assembled within the tent, cloaked in the purples of Slaanesh. "You expect me to join in the cause with scum like that? Who would sell our souls to the Chaos gods!?!?!" he thundered, "Where is your sense Youngling!?!?!"
Timult errupted in the tent as the Cult of Pleasure general began screaming as well, "Khaine's time is past old dog!!! WE lead the fight on Lustria's temples!!!"
As the two partisans stepped towards the other ready to raise blades, the young general stepped between them. Suddenly the host came to realize how individually strong the "youngling" was, as he picked up both generals, each with a single hand encircling one of the two necks, and glared into the eyes of each.
"There will be a time for squabbles once Lustria is taken. We take the temples now, kill the frogs Now, take their items NOW, then we can divide the lands as we see fit between your two forces. If we squabble between ourselves and let civil striffe divide our might, neither of your goals will see fruition. We must unite if we are to gain anything from the sacrificed blood shed by our people...."
Geophrimthan Auvryndar lowered the saffocating generals down to their feet, the zealot-like blaze still afire in his eyes. "We UNITE my friends, here and now, or we die in this thrice-cursed jungle and go the way of the weaklings of Ulthuan. Let our pride in our race lead the way to Druchii, not Khainite nor Slaaneshi, victory. WE WILL UNITE, OR WE WILL FALL! JOIN ME! LET US RAZE THE TEMPLE AND LET US DINE UPON THE FLESH OF THOSE WHO FOOLISHLY DOUBT DARK ELVEN MIGHT!!!!!"
Geophrim Auvryndar, Dark Warden to the Temple of Khaine in Ghrond, Captain of the "Returners". "BLOOD FOR KHAINE'S CUP!!!"
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Although I'm not from Seattle (or America in fact) I'll say good luck. It can be a tough scenario and remember every Lizardmen unit within the special zone has to be destroyed or fleeing by the end of the game. Even if they have a Skink Priest with 1 wound left in the zone at the end of the game it counts as a Lizardmen win.

This scenario does allow us to utilise our manueverability so bring COK and Dark Riders for flank charges. Black Horror ca also be a great spell in such a cramped deployment zone.
Geophrim
Dark Rider
Location: Attempting to become an Executioner through practice in smelly kendo dojo's...AKA Cambridge, MA

Post by Geophrim »

Thanks very much AVA! Sadly, we Druchii were MASSACRED at the Herdstone event, so i'm trying to help the Seattle DE's redeam ourselves at our subcampaign event. I unfortunately missed that herdstone, but hopefully I can do a little bit to help push us in the right direction this time. I'M OFFERING PIZZA TO ALL DE GENERALS WHO SHOW UP FOR THE MONDAY MEETING TOO!!! :D
Geophrim Auvryndar, Dark Warden to the Temple of Khaine in Ghrond, Captain of the "Returners". "BLOOD FOR KHAINE'S CUP!!!"
Mojo-jojo
Warrior

Post by Mojo-jojo »

i'm from tacoma,but my army is not finished yet.

so they would not let me play.

still have one unit to paint.

sucks really
Geophrim
Dark Rider

Post by Geophrim »

@Mojo-jojo: Who did u speak to about the not painted factor? There were some sticklers at the bunker before, but there's been some employee turnover recently so most are pretty cool with everything. They told me in the Seattle bunker that as long as "you are showing progress", that they'll let you use the army even if it's not 3 color ready yet. You can always say you just started playing WHF, and I'm sure the last thing they want to do is discourage new players! Is your last unit totally unpainted? Or does it have at least some colors already? For this event, I suspect that they'll let you pass. Remember, it's also only 500pts per army forcce! As long as you have 3 colors on the model, that should be plenty after all (if that helps at all)...

I'm actually in the same boat. I have 1 finished unit of RxB men, 1 unit of DR which are 1/2 there (horses DONE, riders just primed), and 1 unit of COK that are also 1/2 there (CO mostly done, knights not even primed). I'm slowing chugging away though, so they're letting me go for it.

I can talk to some of the GW staff tomorrow on your behalf if you'd like. The name's Jeff by the way, and my phone number is (425) 641-1785. I can give you a call tomorrow and let you know what GW says if you'd like. Please tell me by 5:30 PM Monday afternoon (so i have the info for when I go over to the shop basically) your name/age (physical description would be helpful too so i can tell them who they should be on the look out for), phone number, rough description of current selected 500 pt army and what is/is not painted (and to what degree), and I'll try to vouch for you so you can play. :D
Mojo-jojo
Warrior

Post by Mojo-jojo »

Don't know if i could make in even if they let unpainted armies playO(no-car)

there is a challege bord turny going on down here next sat. if you would care to try.
Geophrim
Dark Rider

Post by Geophrim »

Ahh, that's too bad Mojo (you an M's fan? That's some sad Mojo there , even though i'm still watching our games)! I'd love to make the Saturday tourney, but Wednesday I'm out to Boston for 1 week to go apartment hunting for next school year. Tuesday night's my last chance to get in some Warhammer for 1 week sadly...
Orteo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Orteo »

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to be there.
We've all begun to die, and don't know what to do.
Since it hurts to pray to God, when God is dying too.
Takes strength to laugh, when you start to drown.
And we dance while the sky crashes down.

-Jason Webley
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Geophrim - not remotely local I'm afraid but two things:
1. good luck, nice to see a fellow druchii trying to wipe out some more frogs and
2. have you read Grogs' thread on the scenario? It may give you some more ideas ready for the battle.

Good luck

Sha'a'alaar
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Good Luck to our brethren in the North West. Kick and Kill. Speed and maneuver are your friends. Remember, your must mop up each unit. There are no panic checks. You'll have to do it the hard way.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Geophrim
Dark Rider

Post by Geophrim »

@ Orteo: Looking forward to seeing you there!
@ Sha'a'alaar: Thanks for the advice my friend! I actually printed out Grog's thread AND the general Lizardman Tactica to share with whomever shows up tonight (even if it's just me and Orteo! LOL)
@ Tackberry: The support always helps! May we be victorious my bretheren!

See everyone tonight at 7pm! Look for the big asian man!!!
Geophrim
Dark Rider

Post by Geophrim »

Much to my chagrin, unfortunately, the planning session did not go well. Having only discovered that the Temple event existed a scant 2 days ago, I suppose it's not surprising that my emails/fliers did not reach too many DE generals in the Seattle area. Hopefully many more will show up tomorrow for the event itself.

I managed to speak to a scant handful of rookie Druchii generals today before departing around 7:45PM and passed to them the printed wisdom of Grogsnot, so hopefully that will at least engender a little more success tomorrow.

Orteo, I hope I'll see you tomorrow! I will arrive around 5:30, so unfortunately I'll miss the first round due to work (couldn't get off work early), but if you're free and willing to lead the multitude of young newbie generals to victory in Seattle's version of Lustria, I would be so very happy. I'll lend my support to you and any other DE generals who can make it tomorrow as soon as I can cross the bridge back to the East side.

May tomorrow bring victory for the Glory of Naggaroth!
Geophrim
Dark Rider

Post by Geophrim »

"Geophrimthan Auvryndar hung his head in sorrow. Off to the north, he could see the advancing reptilian reinforcements approaching his hastily assembled force. He had run out of time. While his troops held much of the Temple grounds, too many of the enemy remained. The Cult of Slaneesh forces had been crushed by the Bretonian allies of the Lizardmen, while his Orcish allies were too busy squabbling amonst themselves. His own proud Khainite forces, while having more than given an account of themselves having crushed 2 Temple Guard units, had been reduced to a mere 1/4 of its original size after receiving the brunt of a combined Lizardmen and Empire ranged artillery barrage. Geophrim wheeled his Cold One around, and headed north. Likely the axe blades of the Executioners awaited him..."

ACH!!! WE RAN OUT OF TIME!!! In the end, the turnout was poor on both sides. 2 DE, 1 Orc, 1 Bret, 1 Empire, and 1 Frog. Ended up with the DE's siding with the Orc against the others. A number of unfortunate events handicapped us early in the game. While I'll write a more complete battle report later when I return from my business trip tomorrow, a few things doomed us:

1) Orc Animosity: Turn 1, a unit of Big 'Uns charged into the rear of their allied DE allies (the COS player), killing a number of RxB warriors and tying up both units for the turn. The SAME unit of Big 'Uns also failed an animosity roll on round 5, which would have allowed the DE united front to tie up ALL the Lizard and Empire units in the temple, possibly allowing DE victory.... Basically, the Big 'Uns managed to kill a unit of RxB men in the battle and ZERO lizards...

2) Mis-reading of Lizard Rules: A friend of mine was the lizardman player during the game, as NO LIZARD PLAYERS showed up!!! He's usually a Beast player. Unfortunately, due to his misunderstanding of the rules, 2 units of Sauruses were being played as Temple Guard!!! As STUBBORN UNITS!!! Needless to say, it thus took my units of COK 3 turns instead of 1 to chew threw the unit, despite the fact that it should have been an auto-break (I killed 7 Saurus' the first round of combat, and would have thus auto-broke if he would have rolled normally due to the -7 modifier to his leadership roll), allowing my unit to over-run into the middle of the Temple Grounds. While the COK unit then went on to Flank charge a unit of Questing Knights, auto-breaking them with Fear, it was too little too late.

3) Last minute scenario change: Due to a poor showing of players, the expected 500pt a person game suddenly became 1000. As I'd only brought 500 pts with me, suddenly I had to scrounge for extra units. I ended up with a very mis-matched list that was too DR heavy, considering the movement constraints of the table (3000 points a side on a 4x6 table... no where to run...).

We ended on turn 6, since the store needed to close, but we all agreed that it was very unlikely that the DE forces could clear the whole temple grounds at the end of the game.... I think the Victory points were essentially split at about 45-55 DE to Frogs/Allies, but in this bloody scenario, victory points counted for nothing... We failed to take the temple by turn 7.... AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!
Orteo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Orteo »

Sorry to hear about that mate. I'm bummed I didn't get to go, but I didn't get off work until after 6. We will have to meet up some time and plot our revenge.
We've all begun to die, and don't know what to do.
Since it hurts to pray to God, when God is dying too.
Takes strength to laugh, when you start to drown.
And we dance while the sky crashes down.

-Jason Webley
Olaf_ironfoot
Noble

Post by Olaf_ironfoot »

Tried to get a ride to it, but it was a bit too far for me. Nice to know there are more Druchii players in Washington other than Orteo, Mojo, and myself though :)
"I like women. I don't understand them, but I like them."
-Sean Connery
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

I'm actually grom Greece but I'm coming in Seatle on Aug 12 for some days for bussiness. If I get the time maybe I can be a sort of an aid.

Oloth. SOC Lord Of Battle :twisted:
"Oloth regar nindolen vel'uss b'luthyrr lil Darthiir"
Darkstar rebirth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Darkstar rebirth »

i hate the "no painted army- No play" thing coz that means i hardly ever get to play lol
Fact Number 547: Alcohol may cause drunkeness and nudity
Geophrim
Dark Rider

Post by Geophrim »

@ Orteo: No worries my brother. Hopefully we'll be able to kill lizzies together! i started a list at the Seattle Battle bunker where people can list their name/phone number/army so that more people can play in SoC. You should stop by and find some lizzies to kill! They have Veterans Nights every Tuesday there for fantasy, so if you have some time, stop on by!

@Olaf: We missed you my friend, but as I told Orteo, worry not. Let's just keep kiling lizzies. Hope I'll see you in Factoria some time on a Tuesday night.

@Oloth: Thanks for your support! I hope you'll have luck aiding the druchii cause from the Greek shores. Do they have GW shops there? Can they organize similar campaigns?

@Darkstar: They're not so stringent as long as you "show improvement" each time you go. My army's not 100% painted yet, and actually some of my models aren't even primed yet, but they still let me play. Just be friendly when you go there and explain, and they're pretty good about it.

Anyway, on to the Explanation of the results as planned. Sorry about the delay, I got back from Boston yesterday.

Basically, 1 unit of blowdart skinks, 1 Hell Blast, a 8x2 Imperial gun line deployed in the SouthWest corner of the Temple grounds. 1 unit of 3 Pegasi knights, 1 unit of 3x5 Questing knights, 7 huntsmen, 3 Kroxigors in the NorthWest corner. 1 unit of 5x5 Empire spearmen, 1 unit of blowdart skinks, and 4x2 unit of Circle Knights in SouthEast Corner. 1 mortar and 2 units of 4x4 Saurus (which were regular but PLAYED AS TEMPLE GUARD BY MISTAKE...) in the NorthEast Corner.

Scenery: Massive Temple on West side of deplayment zone. 1 forest in S.West corner of land. 1 forest in S.East corner of land.

DE deplolyment: Mine: RBT near SW Woods, 3 units of DR in SW corner as well (1 unit with Noble, lance, HA, Shld, on DS), 1 unit of 10 RxB with Shields next to RBT 5x2 on little hill, 1 unit of 5 COK with Noble (and Deathmask) on SE corner (with orcs). Youngling DE: 5 COK in NE corner, 10 shades (too many I told him, didn't listen...), 10 devoted; 2 units of 10 RxB elves, RBT on East flank. Orc Ally: 1 unit of Black Orcs, 1 Unit of Big 'Uns, 1 units of Regular 'Boyz, 1 Unit of Arrer boyz, 4 bases of Snotlings.

"Evil" Turn 1: Between the shooting of my 3 units of DR, my RBT, and my warriors, I reduced the Hell Blaster's crew to a bloody smear and killed off 5 of the 16 Empire gunners. Youngling general shot at 1 unit of Saurus', killed 2 of the Lizzies. Arrer boys did nothing. ANIMOSITY!!!! Big 'Uns charge Youngling RxB in back, and kill off 1/2 the BLOODY UNIT!!!! I move my DR's to get a charge on the gunners (figure 1 unit will die, but the other will be in 1/2 range and no Return fire). Rest of Orcs advance straight to lizzard units, Devoted "get lost" and decide to redeploy to the south (foolish youngling again...). Youngling COK go around temple to north toward Peggi knights. His Scouts take over temple roof-top. My COK move into the forests within 6 inches of 2 Saurus units, 1 unit of skinks, 1 unit of Empire Spearmen INSIDE A WOOD, in order to use the death mask...

"Good" Turn 1: Gunners, huntsmen, and skinks move to attack my DR's, killing 2 of 3 units. Mortar fails to hit anything. Bret. units march NW around the temple. Spearmen and Circle knights move Southeast, to try to near my COK. Skinks and 1 unit of Saurus also try to engage me. We remember about Terror, and ALL 4 UNITS MAKE THEIR PSYCH SAVES!!!!! <curses...> Magic is essentially ignored for the rest of the game when we discover each side only has a scroll caddy.

"Evil" turn 2: My DR's with Noble charge the Gunners, crush them, and over-run into the back of the Circle knights (tying them up). My COK's charge into the now visible skinks, crush them, and over-run into a block of Saurus spearmen. My RBT and RxB men shoot the skinks to free up my movement (or what remain of my troops). Youngling: Moves his Devoted farther South. COK get lost (but NOT STUPID! LOL) and decide to go back south again--he was afraid to charge the Questing knight lance. Youngling shoots at Saurus and Mortar with RBT and RxB men, killing a few more of each. Orcs continue to march forward, except for snotlings, which are sent to their doom to tie up the 2nd unit of Saurus' to prevent a possible flank charge on my CoK.

"Good" turn 2: Pegi knights attack Shades (crush them). Questsing knights continue to hunt Youngling CoK. Skinks and Spears charge my DR's that have charged the rear of the Circle knights. Huntsmen shoot at advancing orcs, killing a few regular 'boyz. COK crunch through 10 Saurus' in the Overrun, but they hold on, since we assume they're stubborn Temple Guard (they should have been auto broken with Fear too, but I thought Stubborn overruled that--STUPID ME!!!!). Other unit of Saurus crush the snotlings. My DR manage to kill off some skinks, but in the end, it is my Noble and a Empire general in a challenge; 1 wound to each, but my Noble survives, and makes his stubborn check, so is now single handedly holding up 1 unit of skinks, 1 unit of Empire spearmen, and 1 unit of Circle knights, trying to buy time for the orcs to advance.

Total so far: I have lost 3 units of DR's and have killed 1 Hell Blaster, 1 unit of Gunners, 1 unit of skinks, and roughly 3/4 of 1 unit of Saurus. The youngling has killed maybe 5 Saurus'. The orcs have killed 5 DE RxB men... (stupid orcs...) <More to come in a little while...>
Olaf_ironfoot
Noble

Post by Olaf_ironfoot »

Geophrim wrote:Big 'Uns charge Youngling RxB in back, and kill off 1/2 the BLOODY UNIT!!!!

Might just be me, but I thought Greenskins could only charge other greenskins on that animosity roll. They will only charge a unit that also has Animosity

Geophrim, Orteo, yall have any IM's? I like to keep track of players in WA
-Sean Connery
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

I think that sometimes the effect of animosity means that they have a need to show other Orcs how to do it right, and they charge forward (even if you wish they wouldn't)
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

Yes the Greek Shores will aid our cause. We have many GW shops here and many events take place. Is there going to be a similar event in Seatle again. Cause as I said I will be there at Aug 12 and will come back to Seatle once every week since my ship sails from there to Alaska and returns there as well every 7 or 8 days...
"Oloth regar nindolen vel'uss b'luthyrr lil Darthiir"
Olaf_ironfoot
Noble

Post by Olaf_ironfoot »

I'm not sure. The extent of my limited knowledge tells me there will be an Emperors Champion tournament on the 14th or 15th at Discordia in Bremerton :P
-Sean Connery
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

2 Saurus units that are stubborn ? I may be on the lizardmen side, but that is completely unfair. For one thing, you cant take temple gaurd if you dont take a slann, and another you can never put them alone, they always need to be with the slann.

Well, there are some extremly diabolical lists you can play in 1000 points as lizzes.. such as the skink guerrilla warfare list. 110 skinks, 'nuff said.

Well, I hope they actaully bring something worth fighting next time... too bad I want there, I would of galdly played against you.

Well good job anyways. 8)