I'm confused by orders for today...

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Morfeusz
Noble

I'm confused by orders for today...

Post by Morfeusz »

Underway has written:
"Keep smashing Struhelspan , we are the only defenders there, and though losing ground are holding chaos up greatly."

Are we really defending some Imperial town?
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Post by Scion of naggaroth »

its for those people fighting against chaos i.e defenders of middenheap
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

(WS) 5 (S) 4 (T) 2 (D) 4 (I) 4

Skills; 2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

By the way I think there shouldnt be people attacking there. We have more serious things to do like Lustria and Boshenfels... :roll:
"Oloth regar nindolen vel'uss b'luthyrr lil Darthiir"
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

Oloth wrote:By the way I think there shouldnt be people attacking there. We have more serious things to do like Lustria and Boshenfels... :roll:

Well DE's AREN'T attacking there, the orders are for DE's that have signed up as Defenders of Middenheim. Do you really want Defender wins posted at Bohsenfels? :roll:

As for Lustria, many of us don't have Lizardmen opponents so we can't concentrate our efforts there.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

No AlexC I dont think so.... got it wrong sorry! But why whould DEs sign up as Defenders anyway? :roll:
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

Oloth wrote:No AlexC I dont think so.... got it wrong sorry! But why whould DEs sign up as Defenders anyway? :roll:

Those that have signed up as Defenders have done so because of many reasons, such as hating Chaos, having a lot of Chaos or "Attacker" players in their area/gaming group or just not wanting Chaos to get any advantages out of this campaign.

While it may seem rediculous to some, Dark Elves aren't that evil (or at least not the same kind of evil as the Chaos powers). Dark Elves overriding emotions are revenge, arrogance and selfishness. By having our forces on either side we can attempt to manipulate the outside world into our favour. This is why we get orders asking Attacking DE's and Defending DE's to attack different targets, so that we won't cancel each others' efforts out and we can try and get the most gain for our race.
- Albert Einstein.
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

Think I got it now thanx... :) I also have a friend of mine as a chaos opponent and depending on who wins we post our wins accordingly and we are both attackers. Is there something wrong with that? I mean can there be a conflict or something for being both attackers? How do our wins count in SOC when we post them? (ps only the winner posts and he is always an attacker...) Thanx for your help anyway Alex... ;)
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

Oloth wrote:I also have a friend of mine as a chaos opponent and depending on who wins we post our wins accordingly and we are both attackers. Is there something wrong with that?

Well I think it would count as an attacker loss, if you report that you are fighting another attacker. You could cheat and say that the loser is a defender then it will be an attacker win, but that's hardly in the spirit of the campaign now is it? ;)
- Albert Einstein.
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

Yes I think it is hardly in the spirit of SOC but who cares anyway we are Druchii... ;)
PS I always when I post wins put both my opponents email and also register him as a deffender... But wont GW know if your registered opponent is an ATA or DIF? Will it make a difference if you post a win against an attacker as against a defender although he is a registered attacker? Got confused...u?
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

Oloth wrote:Will it make a difference if you post a win against an attacker as against a defender although he is a registered attacker? Got confused...u?

Well, you could just put him as a Defender and leave the opponents e-mail box blank, as they only need one or the other. You could do that if you're willing to bend the rules...

If you put his e-mail address then they will see he is an attacker and put it as an attacker loss. But like I say, the form only requires that you put either his alliegance (Attacker or Defender) or e-mail address, not both.
- Albert Einstein.
Gorbad ironclaw
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gorbad ironclaw »

But of course, posting it as a defender loose when you are both attacks are still cheating.
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

@Gorbad
cheating huh? who cares?
@AlexC
yes alex but if you post it without their email it counts less
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

Oloth wrote:@Gorbad
cheating huh? who cares?

Well, me for one. I hate it when people feel they have to cheat in Global Campaigns as much as when people cheat in a game. It's for fun, its hardly a life or death situation (unless WFB is your life, in which case you're pretty unfortunate).

Oloth wrote:@AlexC
yes alex but if you post it without their email it counts less

Really? I didn't know that, maybe I should start putting both in. They should really make that obvious on the report sheet.
- Albert Einstein.
Bleys
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bleys »

Well, to me it appears that they're only really bothering to track "wins" as far as how things go in a specific battle location.

They just add up the number of attacker wins and compare it to the number of defender wins. Which means that if you're both attackers, it'll get logged as an attacker win (though somewhere in their statistics gathering, they'll probably also register an attacker loss, but for the results of a single location, my guess is it's just the wins).

Of course I could be completely wrong on this, and it might take both into account, or only count it as an attacker loss, etc, etc. I'm basing my opinion on some of the things I've seen bandied about and by looking at the numbers they're reporting for number of fights, and whatnot.
Currently Listening To: In Flames
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Post by Scion of naggaroth »

also remember volume of battles counts for something so even if it counts as a loss then it still can have a positive effect on the campaign, think it was the bloodbath result
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

(WS) 5 (S) 4 (T) 2 (D) 4 (I) 4

Skills; 2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

@AlexC
Its not an actual ceat alex I meen you have already won an actual battle against an oponent that happens to be an attacker as well. I dont consider it a major at leat cheat if you post it as if it was against a defender. Thats why I said "who cares" I as well have a problem with cheaters... ;)

@Bleys
Its wins that counts yes but also the points of the battle and if the win was against a register user or not counts as well! :)
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

Oloth wrote:@AlexC
Its not an actual ceat alex I meen you have already won an actual battle against an oponent that happens to be an attacker as well. I dont consider it a major at leat cheat if you post it as if it was against a defender. Thats why I said "who cares" I as well have a problem with cheaters... ;)

Well it is still cheating, think about it: there is no way a defender can win this game. The outcome is determent by your actions BEFORE the game therefor isn't fair and is cheating.

If you are fighting attacker against attacker you should be honest enough to either report him as a attacker also OR before the game decide who will be the attacker and who will be the defender.

Your option of play isn't fair. Just because the game actually happend, the result as you enter it isn't the game you played and therefor is cheating, although it seems like a little cheat, it is just a big cheat as posting in fake results of battle's you never played.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Oloth wrote:No AlexC I dont think so.... got it wrong sorry! But why whould DEs sign up as Defenders anyway? :roll:

all DEs who are defenders are basically wanting to kill chaos
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind