Slayers are a pain in the ass

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

You want stuff with a lot of attacks in combat so Witch Elves and Corsairs will be useful. The Cauldron will help overcome the high Dwarven toughness and you may want to throw the Hydra Banner in a unit as well. Heavy shooting and magic will also help. Try hitting them in the flank as well. Although they are unbreakable the flank geenrally won't be as wide as the units front so the less likely they will have models to strike back with after you've attacked.
Death by dread
Shade

Post by Death by dread »

My main reason for using the slayers is that I don't want any part of the CoS. My army is Hand of Khaine with no hokie chaos crap in it. Blending all those units into are beloved DE has tainted it. Besides at our game store we have lots of evil players and few good so I wanted to be able to at least play against more than just HE and Empire (2) players is all we have for the side of good.
Ah! The life of a dark elf is hard. With all the endless torchuring, fighting and ambushes. It is hard, cold and tiresome, but, to look on our females-beautiful, alluring, hard yet soft, evil yet gentle when need be and deadly. Eh, life is good.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

/\\// wrote:You want stuff with a lot of attacks in combat so Witch Elves and Corsairs will be useful. The Cauldron will help overcome the high Dwarven toughness and you may want to throw the Hydra Banner in a unit as well. Heavy shooting and magic will also help. Try hitting them in the flank as well. Although they are unbreakable the flank geenrally won't be as wide as the units front so the less likely they will have models to strike back with after you've attacked.

the hardest part is trying to do a sit and shoot tactic and b4 the game even starts there half way across the board thanks to that look snorri trolls rule
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind