Forces of Good Cheating?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

I agree with Lord Alkkrision the main DE campaign should be against HEs at Ulthuan not fighting stupid reptiles... And by the way Sobek how do you get that "Lord Commander of the General Staff" custom rank??? :?:
"Oloth regar nindolen vel'uss b'luthyrr lil Darthiir"
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Oloth wrote:And by the way Sobek how do you get that "Lord Commander of the General Staff" custom rank??? :?:

*chuckle* The Board Admins changed my rank/title to that as a joke after I came on board to work with Underway on the campaign. We all got a laugh out of it. :mrgreen:
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

One problem with the badlands campaign is that the Tomb Kings can fight anyone they want and post the victory in the badlands. Orcs have to fight Tomb Kings and we are finding it hard, much like you guys here, to find opponents (alot of orc players dont have access to tomb kings players) This really unbalances the sub-campaigns I think (I do see what GW wanted to do).

The logic behind this is that all the TK's efforts will be aimed at throwing back the O&G whilst the orcs are just fighting everyone.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

Maybe it is because the good side is winning by 7000 victories...
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Endrin Paladii wrote:The worst one was defend the herdstone, OMG, houndreds of brettonian knights practicly on top of it in turn 2, thats just not fair. We shoudl have been allowed to deploy aroudn it, instead of rushign up and trying to defend.

hey in atlanta we defended both days
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Eeeeron wrote:
One problem with the badlands campaign is that the Tomb Kings can fight anyone they want and post the victory in the badlands. Orcs have to fight Tomb Kings and we are finding it hard, much like you guys here, to find opponents (alot of orc players dont have access to tomb kings players) This really unbalances the sub-campaigns I think (I do see what GW wanted to do).

The logic behind this is that all the TK's efforts will be aimed at throwing back the O&G whilst the orcs are just fighting everyone.

idont see y the orcs would care about the TK's sub campaign i figured they would be intrestead in fighting with grimgor
Sobek

Post by Sobek »

Valtor Son of Malekith wrote:idont see y the orcs would care about the TK's sub campaign i figured they would be intrestead in fighting with grimgor
The lands and mountains in the Northern badlands are those claimed by the Orc Tribes. Of course, they're contested by the Dwarves as well. That's why they're so interested. :mrgreen:
Cailil
Executioner

Its not just Orcs who can fight in the badlands

Post by Cailil »

Anyone can fight the Tomb Kings, the Dwarves are down in the bad Lands too aren't they? The last time I checked the site the rule was "atleast one player must be TK" so if you beat a Tomb Kings Player whether you are DE, CoP, DoW or O&G, you can register it in that subcampaign.

The whole Storm of Chaos is a little pointless for O&G players though - sure 'Ard Boyz is cool list but what do they get out of the whole thing! CoP and DE invade Lustria; WE massacre the Beastmen; Chaos attack the Empire - Orcs & Goblins just fight everyone almost aimlessly - not great for O&G morale!
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Sobek wrote:
Valtor Son of Malekith wrote:idont see y the orcs would care about the TK's sub campaign i figured they would be intrestead in fighting with grimgor
The lands and mountains in the Northern badlands are those claimed by the Orc Tribes. Of course, they're contested by the Dwarves as well. That's why they're so interested. :mrgreen:

but who cares they have plenty of places to go the orcs are nomads plus i think they would rather fight agaisnt the empire dudesbecaue everybody wants to make a diffrene in the final battle but if they want to keep thre swamps by all means go ahead
Sobek

Post by Sobek »

Except that they want to make a name for themselves on their own, instead of just being lumped in as attackers with Chaos. The feel that that's their best way of doing that.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Sobek wrote:Except that they want to make a name for themselves on their own, instead of just being lumped in as attackers with Chaos. The feel that that's their best way of doing that.

and yet 2day grimgor makes a name for himself by challgeing khornes champion
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

I live in a place where there aren't many if any Lizard players. Since I play w/ a group of friends, I came up w/ a solution. I own some Lizard figs as well, but prefer DE, so I made a deal. I'll play them for which ever side they want in the larger campaign, and then they play me a LM v DE game. Neither side pulls punches during the game, so it gives all of us a chance to log games where we want to. :D
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Sobek

Post by Sobek »

Valtor Son of Malekith wrote:and yet 2day grimgor makes a name for himself by challgeing khornes champion
I never said it made sense.
Last edited by Sobek on Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garathi
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Garathi »

We vampires are contesting the Badlands as of now, too. I'm a Good Side player myself, but them TK's are going too close to Nagash's house, so we're gonna stomp them and show who's the prominent undead force here!
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Garathi wrote:We vampires are contesting the Badlands as of now, too. I'm a Good Side player myself, but them TK's are going too close to Nagash's house, so we're gonna stomp them and show who's the prominent undead force here!
good luck. Now see VC fighting TK makes since because itsaround both of there areas plus VC really hasnt been mentioned and defending nagash is a good way to do it