Day 25: DE Stalling

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Day 25: DE Stalling

Post by Langmann »

Gav:
In the amongst the mangroves and swamps of Lustria, the Khaine-worshippers of Morathi are beginning to feel the debilitating effect of the Lizardmen’s realm. Attacks by Skink scouts and now a more coherent defence by columns of Saurus warriors have stopped the Druchii just northeast of Quezta. Help may be a long time in coming as the Hag Queen’s barbaric allies suffer losses to disease, predators and the Lizardmen attacks.

Not sure about the Khaine reference, it may be a typo in reference to Slaanesh, but it does appear that we are stalling here. Time to hit the Lizards hard again.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

About that "Khaine-worshippers of Morathi" I'm sure its a typo cause as everybody knows Gav is out of his FU*%$&@ mind... anyway are we stalling? I say yes and we know it for the past three four days or maybe more. Something has to be done but I think that if this fluff is not just a meaningless fluff Gav wrote then there might be something hidden there... This "Help may be a long time in coming as the Hag Queen’s barbaric allies suffer losses to disease, predators and the Lizardmen attacks." is a little weird, maybe GW is up to something in the future for this subcampaign, and if yes then I will be right when I said in the past that this campaign is rigged! :?
"Oloth regar nindolen vel'uss b'luthyrr lil Darthiir"
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

By the way I has just visited the forum to post a new thread about this fluff found in the US site, I already had it copied as well and ready to paste it, when I saw yours langman... :lol:
"Oloth regar nindolen vel'uss b'luthyrr lil Darthiir"
Russ_cp
Slave on the Altar

Post by Russ_cp »

Its not a typo, the Khaine reference is due to the fact that Khorne worshippers suffer from desease etc like normal mortals, Slaanesh worshippers have divine protection from Slaanesh against it or they dont mind cause pain ans suffering is all part of the slaaneshy experience! hehe

Russ
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

Hate to break it to you, but Slaanesh worshippers are just as vulnerable as anyone else. Only the followers of Nurgle are granted immunity to pestilence, and even then only so that they can spread it further.
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

fools. what they mean is the in the khainate front, the troops are stalling(perhaps normal de are losing slightly...we need more analysis). "Help may be a long time in coming as the Hag Queen’s barbaric allies suffer losses to disease, predators and the Lizardmen attacks" refers to the loss of HUMAN troops.

perhaps...they r giving us a penalty regarding our human troops.... i always say never trust humans...pure DE CoS is the best(cheap too)
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

elves do not get ill, thats a fact in every fantasy system i know (though i never saw it mentioned in gw fantasy, but elves are simply to noble to feel it fitting when elves would get the flu or things like that. imagine malekith visiting morathi saying: "i gnot de darn plu agin modder" "there there, son, i´ll go fetch some hot water and fix you a nice tea - you go to bed right now")
but however, the percentages are really looking bad since some days, so we should try to force this issue...

Edit: i was just looking at the german website, and there was nothing about khaine-worshippers in the translation, so most likely it´s a typo. in the german version it´s also clearly stated that it´s the humans in the CoP-armies that are afflicted by the diseases, not the elves, so my picture of fantasy elves has been saved and i can stop fearing that my general will become a victim of SARS :D
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Whether Elves get ill or not, Morathi is still the Chosen of Khaine (remember all WE units in 12" can use her leadership) so there are Khainite armies fighting in Lustria.

The point is we need another big push in Lustria to get over the top. I have an idea to help reduce the influence of the jungle on our troops.

BURN THE THING DOWN!!! We need to make way for Druchii fortifications. We should set fires to burn out the skulking skinks, herd saurus and it has the side benifit of precooking our froglegs for us.
Dragonkin
Highborn

Post by Dragonkin »

Underway wrote:Whether Elves get ill or not, Morathi is still the Chosen of Khaine (remember all WE units in 12" can use her leadership) so there are Khainite armies fighting in Lustria.

Actually, the entry for Morathi in the CoP list states that she has lost that ability.
Dragonkin
--
If right is wrong, then what's left must be right

New Dragon Isle - http://dragonisle.drunok.org
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

but the burning idea is a good one. too bad druchii don´t have agent orange yet...
but, underway, though the idea is good, will GW allow it? will they even take notice? how are you going to make that happen?
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

Morathi loses the chosen of Khaine if fielded with a Cult of Plweasure army. She still has that ability if fielded with a Khaine army. Those Khaine fanatics simply have no clue...
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Dragonkin
Highborn

Post by Dragonkin »

Well, time will tell if she can still be fielded in a Khaine army after the campaign...
Dragonkin
--
If right is wrong, then what's left must be right

New Dragon Isle - http://dragonisle.drunok.org
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Well, I just checked the subcampaign, and we're still just over 51% (51.26%, actually)... So, the deadlock means we're losing - logical, innit?
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

If we do well in Lustria and I post a good fluff story about burning the Jungles, then GW may decide to use it in their explanation of why we are doing so well. But in order to get such recognition we need to increase our win % by at least 5%.

So get out there and win fellow Druchii.
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

The fluff doesn't say you are losing, it just says you have come as far as you can easily come, and now the going gets tougher.

Translating fluff to actual campaign goals is hard, but what I'm thinking is that Gav is saying you are outside of your objective (a large lizardman city), but to get any closer the campaing results are going to have to swing a bit more in your favor.
------------------
Your Friendly Nieghboorhood Lizardman
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Yeah, I've seen that the campaign is in a stalemate.. Too bad my regular opponent is away. Maybe I can persuade somebody else to play me...
Heh
Noble
Location: TRYING to finish painting all the minis that I have....

Post by Heh »

all I can say is....this campaign better not be rigged.... :evil:
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

It only appears that it's stalling. With over 6000 battles logged in Lustria (more than both other subcampaigns combined!), it merely gets exceedingly harder and harder to affect the overall percentage. However, as long as we keep our eye on the target, and continue to cultivate our Frog Leg Herds, then we'll continue to see progress.

As for the cries that the campaign is rigged, while there are some story/fluff events that were decided long ago that would take place, such as Untergard's appearance, or that Chaos WILL reach Middenhiem, the shape and outcome that the campaign takes is up to us.
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

Now give some thought to this, how are you supposed to burn down a rain forest ? Ever tried to burn a wet plant ? It doesnt work too well. Just allot of smoke.
Napalm worked, cause that stuff cant burn out too easily.

I agree with the fluff, it makes sense that the DE are stalling. They arent adapted too well for this long of a fight, and if they cant be winning by more than 10% they aint gonna see any good fluff.

And also guys, since the Slann woke up, its going to be very hard to assault any city, as there are around 30 Slann in each one... and they are waitning for you. fluff wise.
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Soteks Chosen_ wrote:Now give some thought to this, how are you supposed to burn down a rain forest ? Ever tried to burn a wet plant ? It doesnt work too well.
It's magick. :mrgreen:
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Soteks Chosen_ wrote:And also guys, since the Slann woke up, its going to be very hard to assault any city, as there are around 30 Slann in each one... and they are waitning for you. fluff wise.

What are you worrying about? It's only Kermit...(it's not easy being green, keep that in mind...)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Soteks Chosen_ wrote:Now give some thought to this, how are you supposed to burn down a rain forest ? Ever tried to burn a wet plant ? It doesnt work too well. Just allot of smoke.

What do you suppose is happening to the rainforest in Brazil right now? They burn down a section, let some beef go and graze, when that gets depleted they move on to the next section and burn that down. Rainforests and jungles burn alright. Especially with magical assistance.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Oloth wrote:About that "Khaine-worshippers of Morathi" I'm sure its a typo cause as everybody knows Gav is out of his FU*%$&@ mind... anyway are we stalling? I say yes and we know it for the past three four days or maybe more. Something has to be done but I think that if this fluff is not just a meaningless fluff Gav wrote then there might be something hidden there... This "Help may be a long time in coming as the Hag Queen’s barbaric allies suffer losses to disease, predators and the Lizardmen attacks." is a little weird, maybe GW is up to something in the future for this subcampaign, and if yes then I will be right when I said in the past that this campaign is rigged! :?

how is it rigged exactly and what do u think is this unknown future i think GW is gonna throw it to bel'akor to capture lustria and we get nothing i hate the loremaster
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

darkspear wrote:fools. what they mean is the in the khainate front, the troops are stalling(perhaps normal de are losing slightly...we need more analysis). "Help may be a long time in coming as the Hag Queen’s barbaric allies suffer losses to disease, predators and the Lizardmen attacks" refers to the loss of HUMAN troops.

perhaps...they r giving us a penalty regarding our human troops.... i always say never trust humans...pure DE CoS is the best(cheap too)

the loremaster is retarted he is just obsesses with chaos and thats it thats why he is sending a Daemonprince ou wa so he doesnt lose intrest because look at the other two campaigns he has no intrest in those two ether all the subcampaigns get half a paragraph or sumthin
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Soteks Chosen_ wrote:Now give some thought to this, how are you supposed to burn down a rain forest ? Ever tried to burn a wet plant ? It doesnt work too well. Just allot of smoke.
Napalm worked, cause that stuff cant burn out too easily.

I agree with the fluff, it makes sense that the DE are stalling. They arent adapted too well for this long of a fight, and if they cant be winning by more than 10% they aint gonna see any good fluff.

And also guys, since the Slann woke up, its going to be very hard to assault any city, as there are around 30 Slann in each one... and they are waitning for you. fluff wise.

what we need to do is give up all forces on old world and just try to take lustria because the loremaster doesnt give two shits about the dark elfs only about empire and chaos so i say we fight were we can acually be mentioned for our killings