"oh my god the campaign is rigged"

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

"oh my god the campaign is rigged"

Post by Mornedhel »

hey people i don´t know what you´re whining about. why should the campaign be rigged? there´s nothing games workshop would gain from that. EoT wasn´t rigged either.
there are things that games workshop has decided will happen, regardless chaos are loosing or winning, but thats because otherwise the campaign wouldn´t get forward an inch and thus it would soon stop to be fun.
now people why can´t you stop crying about this silly "rigged-campaign" idea? it really doesn´t matter to games workshop if archaon wins in the end or not, they´ll change the fluff accordingly and they´ll not let the world be destroyed, nor greatly changed, no matter if he wins or looses.
i´m sorry for this rant, but it starts getting on my nerves to read it all the time....
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Pjoll
Executioner
Location: Far off in space? Some freezing hole in nothern europe?

Post by Pjoll »

hahah! of course it's rigged, just like everything else!! ;p

The world is about to end, and you complain that we complain? Jeez dude, snap out of it! It's like armageddon goddammit, and you think that we're whining?!?
Don't blame me! I didn't do anything... I most certainly did not push that red little button. Nor did I push or do anything else wrong that might anger someone with power. It simply wasn't me...
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

its a question of definition. some people feell that the game is rigged in the fact that chaos will reach mddleheim in the end, others feel that the former does not amount to rigging but rather a rigged campaign is one where actaul game results r modified to suit the makers.

personally i think the campaign is fair
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

If the campaign got bogged down people would get bored and leave. GW has to insert some form of expansion imperative to keep people interested as well as link in events where GW can relieve people of their hard-earned cash (more so than usual).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

darkspear wrote:its a question of definition. some people feell that the game is rigged in the fact that chaos will reach mddleheim in the end, others feel that the former does not amount to rigging but rather a rigged campaign is one where actaul game results r modified to suit the makers.

personally i think the campaign is fair

thats what i´m saying. it was announced by gw that chaos will definitely reach middenheim, so that cannot count as being rigged.
and i simply don´t believe that gw would have any advantage from modifiying the posted victories or from not counting them. there´s simply no reason why the campaign should be rigged.
many of the people on this and other forums who are complaining about the campaign being rigged are chaos players or their allies - they probably feel they are not winning enough. that maybe hard for a chaos player who has won most or all af his battles since the campaings beginning, but obviously chaos players seem to be loosing more. the reasons i do not know, but thats a fact. and those people who can´t stand to loose and then start whining about the campaign being rigged are, simply put, bad sports.
Dark_jester
Corsair

Post by Dark_jester »

but obviously chaos players seem to be loosing more. the reasons i do not know

i'd say the answer is ismply, chaos players do not play usin tactics, they just rush forwards and hope for the best. and empire and such now know how to counter this tactic, by simply shooting them into submission and then use their troop and *tactics* to beat the chaos player. so if chaos were to start winning more, i'd say try things other than aiming for outright onslaught. in most of the battles i have at GW shops my opponents have given up. in one battle i thinned out his numbers so much and surrounded him, the a tightened the circle and convinced him all i had to do was cast a few black horrors and he would be finished. he gave up.
I'm away right now. But I'm not too far away. So if you put your face real close to the screen and scream real loud I just might hear ya.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

thats probably one of the reasons. but i think the reasons do not matter (to me, at least).
the only thing i see is the people loosing at the moment whining that the game was unfair. that´s being a bad sport.
if the druchii loose in lustria, i will be unhappy about that, but i will still have the grace to admit that we lost because we were the worse players.
but i think that if that happens, a lot of players will start complaining about the lizzards cheeeeeeeeeeeeeesy army list and how they couldn´t be beaten because of their magic, or their saurus, or their skinks...
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

pjoll wrote:hahah! of course it's rigged, just like everything else!! ;p

The world is about to end, and you complain that we complain? Jeez dude, snap out of it! It's like armageddon goddammit, and you think that we're whining?!?

i wouldnt worry its probaby just oldworld that gets the winter who cares ne way lets just slay sum lizzes so we can get mentined in the fluff for once
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

Ya, lets just focus on one thing this campaine, like Bohensfehls, or Lizzies, so we can actually get something out of playing this summer.
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

besides, it's not like, if chaos does win, that it be the end of the world, seeing as it's only ostland, hochland, and the very top bit of middenland that archaon has even laid a finger on.
his goal is to destroy the god ulric so as he can ascend to godhood. ie. his goal is not to totally destroy the world, or even the empire, at least not yet.

anyway, why don't we all just stop worring about the main campaign, and just concentrate on thrashing the lizzies, and giving them a good belting?!
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Hier_2_the_thr0ne
Corsair

Post by Hier_2_the_thr0ne »

Who cares if archaon makes it mIddenhiem or not. Lets just destroy Lustria as much as GW will alow and walk away with as many magic items as possible.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

HiEr_2_tHe_ThR0nE wrote:Who cares if archaon makes it mIddenhiem or not. Lets just destroy Lustria as much as GW will alow and walk away with as many magic items as possible.

thats what im saying
Ordio mali
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ordio mali »

This is going back abit now but the reason that chaos are losing more is because they are no longer new and people have developed tactics against them. example: DE where re-released during the albion campaign and none of the new players could figure out how to beat them in time. hence around 5000 victories.
inocence is a virtue, and virtue is a grace, whilst grace is a little girl who hasn't washed her face
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

JiangWei wrote:besides, it's not like, if chaos does win, that it be the end of the world, seeing as it's only ostland, hochland, and the very top bit of middenland that archaon has even laid a finger on.
his goal is to destroy the god ulric so as he can ascend to godhood. ie. his goal is not to totally destroy the world, or even the empire, at least not yet.

anyway, why don't we all just stop worring about the main campaign, and just concentrate on thrashing the lizzies, and giving them a good belting?!

because it make to much since
Mal'a'roth
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mal'a'roth »

I think the campaign is rigged to a certain extent. The outcome will be decided by games but certain stuff will ve predeinded. And it can be seen that the jornals are not completly set as we have had memebrs of other forums mentioned.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Mal'a'roth wrote:I think the campaign is rigged to a certain extent. The outcome will be decided by games but certain stuff will ve predeinded. And it can be seen that the jornals are not completly set as we have had memebrs of other forums mentioned.

srry to say this but everyone has been saying it. it was the posters message
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

okay people, let me define what rigged should say in this context.
by saying the campaign was rigged, posters want to express that the entire outcome of the campaign is already decided by gw and that the battles we are posting on the campaign website are not counted by gw.
that archaon will reach middenheim, and that certain events will take place, has been said by gw all along. this is simply the way the campaign works. the battles on the road to middenheim will only decide the eventual chances of archaon conquering it by determining the amount of chaos victories necessary for archaon to win.
so thats what gw told everybody even before the campaign was started, and i believe them, because there simply is nothing gw would gain by deciding the outcome beforehand.
those people who take this hobby and who take winning this campaign in particular too personal, and who are frustrated because of this i can only say: if you cannot loose, don´t play games. and thats all i wanted to say.