More people in Lustria, does it matter?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Ninja_squirrel
Dark Rider

More people in Lustria, does it matter?

Post by Ninja_squirrel »

I have heard a lot of talk lately about getting more and more people to fight in lustria, and I was wondering, does it really matter? What I mean is, since the winning or losing is determined by Winning percentage of games played, not number of games played. So if we win or lose is determined by the number of games Won in total, not the number of games played in total. So it wouldn't matter if we had more or less people playing, as long as they where competant with their armies and had good winning percentages, we could have a very few number of people playing and still win. If I am wrong, please correct me, but I just wanted to clarify something so people don't have to think that by not fighting they are betrayoing their country. If too many people palyed, and lost a lot, we would still lose! Just my take, thanks for your help. 8)
Through indiscriminate suffering men know fear and fear is the most divine emotion. It is the stones for altars and the beginning of wisdom. Half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers. Real gods require blood.
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

Well actually we don't know ABSOLUTELY that the subcampaignes are ONLY going to be decided based on winning percentage. I agree that's it's a pretty good assumption, but no where will you find the vicotry conditions posted by GW. Until then it's only an assumption.

I think what it is is that we at Druchii.net are supremely confident in our communities ability to "score a victory" if only they would find/battle more lizardmen. In truth in any campaign of this style (based on battle submissions) the singel greatest challenge that is faced is simplying getting people to report/participate.

Based on the wealth of Anti-Lizzy information that has been gathered here at Druchii.net, should do quite well.
Ninja_squirrel
Dark Rider

Post by Ninja_squirrel »

That's a good point: we don't really know how GW will interpret the results of the campaigns. They may also consider volume of games played. But considering the way the winning percentages are what they where focusing on, I assumed that was what mattered.
Maybe we should make it mandatory for everyone to read the anit-lizzie articles we have.
JK ;)

And one more thing, everyone, stop saying things like, "we will dine on frog legs...." it's really getting annoying. I mean, it was cool and funny like the first jillion times, but now, please.. :roll:
Through indiscriminate suffering men know fear and fear is the most divine emotion. It is the stones for altars and the beginning of wisdom. Half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers. Real gods require blood.
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

My take on it is this:

Even if Dark Elves were to get another 10,000 players on their side, there would still only be the same amount of Lizardmen opponents. Numerical superiority in a campaign based on how many games one side wins is irrelevant when you can only post 1 win a day (possibly 2 if one side reports a loss), it's the amount of games played and, more importantly, the amount won by Dark Elves that we should focus on.

I've said it all along, getting more DE players into the campaign is for naught if there isn't an increased number of Lizardman opponents to play against. Then it comes down to quality of the generals and who can win, so we should concentrate on tactics and the like. All the cries of "we must get more DE players in Lustria!" should be turned into "we should be winning more games in Lustria! Here's how!".
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Belakith
Shade
Location: Got lost in a vortex in the middle of the chaos wastelands

Post by Belakith »

I think that if the results stay the same 48% Lizardmen and 52% Druchii it's going to be a draw. One side needs to break away sooner or later, I just hope it's the Cult and not the Lizards.
The Druchii will one day destroy the Highelves, and the Witch elves bathe in thier blood. All those that are faithful to the Druchii shall be rewarded.

Are you faithful??
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

I agree with what Alex C had to say, it is exactly true.
I guess all you can do is see what happens, there inst much else to do.
Other than playing games.
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Ninja_Squirrel wrote:And one more thing, everyone, stop saying things like, "we will dine on frog legs...." it's really getting annoying. I mean, it was cool and funny like the first jillion times, but now, please.. :roll:

Would "Tonight, I shall dine on turtle soup!" be any better? ;) *coughclassicreferencecough*
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Ninja_squirrel
Dark Rider

Post by Ninja_squirrel »

Make it, "This day, we shall feast on turtle soup," and I would lower my hat to you ;) .
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

The subcampaign is all about how many wins we get over the Lizardmen (as far as I can see). We will always play the same number of battles as the Lizardmen. It's just who wins most of them. Currently we have won slightly more but the more battles reported the less impact one battle has. It'll probably end pretty much as it is now unless we can discover spread the word of an amazing tactic to defeat the Lizards.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Re: More people in Lustria, does it matter?

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Ninja_Squirrel wrote:I have heard a lot of talk lately about getting more and more people to fight in lustria, and I was wondering, does it really matter? What I mean is, since the winning or losing is determined by Winning percentage of games played, not number of games played. So if we win or lose is determined by the number of games Won in total, not the number of games played in total. So it wouldn't matter if we had more or less people playing, as long as they where competant with their armies and had good winning percentages, we could have a very few number of people playing and still win. If I am wrong, please correct me, but I just wanted to clarify something so people don't have to think that by not fighting they are betrayoing their country. If too many people palyed, and lost a lot, we would still lose! Just my take, thanks for your help. 8)
u have a good point but as many have pointed out we are kind of kept in the dark about how the precentage bar is tallied up
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Alex C wrote:My take on it is this:

Even if Dark Elves were to get another 10,000 players on their side, there would still only be the same amount of Lizardmen opponents. Numerical superiority in a campaign based on how many games one side wins is irrelevant when you can only post 1 win a day (possibly 2 if one side reports a loss), it's the amount of games played and, more importantly, the amount won by Dark Elves that we should focus on.

I've said it all along, getting more DE players into the campaign is for naught if there isn't an increased number of Lizardman opponents to play against. Then it comes down to quality of the generals and who can win, so we should concentrate on tactics and the like. All the cries of "we must get more DE players in Lustria!" should be turned into "we should be winning more games in Lustria! Here's how!".

i do agree that alot of people loseing is not a good thing just the odds of a large majority loseing arent likely it would most likely be a balanced force what we shouldnt start doing is going to hobby shops and adviseing someone to purcase a dark elf army so as long as nothing like that happens we should be fine
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind