SoC Roadshow

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Marjamhew
Beastmaster

SoC Roadshow

Post by Marjamhew »

Just got back from a great game this morning at Miniature Merchants in Newbury.

The game we played was bring a unit and join in with Chaos etc. attacking Empire and a few High Elves across a river with a couple of bridges and a few rafts. I got there early so ended up playing my sorceress with a unit of 20 spearelves and 15 devoted. We had a great game!

First turn Chaos started and both Hellcannons misfired, causing two wounds to every wizard. No more magic, apart from one useless warrior priest.

Not too sure what happened down the other end of the table, apart from a massive unit of rat ogres running around, but the big bridge in the middle was a mass of knights from both sides. Tactics did not play a big part...

Anyway, my Druchii did really well. My warriors took a charge from some Sea Guard, which they beat and ran down, causing a cannon crew to run. Next turn they beat up a mortar, taking an engineer with them. The devoted took a charge from a unit of 8 Knights before beating them in the next round, then survived being shot at by crossbows and took out that unit too.

Great fun! I even picked up a limited edition chaos sorceror.

Anyone else been to one of the roadshows?
New to Warhammer? Want to help new players?

Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

i seriously doubt there will be anywhere where i live... but whos complaining? 8)
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Ninja_squirrel
Dark Rider

Post by Ninja_squirrel »

I went to one at the place near me that they called a "Battle Tour." The guys in the GW battlewagon brought down a 14 foot section of castle wall, supposed to be Middenheim, and we got all the evil players we could. Short story, we got massacred. But it was fun. Our objective was to get over the castle wall and to the other side, then we would get victory points. We didn't have nearly enough points of bad guys, so the empire cannons, mortars, and Hellblasters (curse them!) cut our guys down without mercy. High points where, when the Ghouls actually got over the wall and killed some spearmen, and the time when Archaon proved to us what a monster he is. He took 2 cannonballs straight in the face without suffering any wounds, and a couple of hits from the flame cannons on both sides of the gate. But in the end he too fell. A good time was had by all. ;)
Through indiscriminate suffering men know fear and fear is the most divine emotion. It is the stones for altars and the beginning of wisdom. Half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers. Real gods require blood.