If we're going to take Bohsenfel I think we should do it now

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

If we're going to take Bohsenfel I think we should do it now

Post by /\\//\ »

To quote the most recent Loremaster update...

"In the cold north, the dispossessed Boyar Alexi Makarev is said to be leading his forces south to link up with the Gryphonne Legion at Bohsenfels. Aided by other forces of the North Kislev Alliance, Makaver is planning a series of raids on the attackers, if her can break through the thin cordon at Bohsenfels."

This will be very bad for Chaos, especially as they are now just one site away from Middenheim. Also it sounds like the Kislevites could relieve the fort and possibly prevent it becoming a battlesite as they move forward towards the rear of Archaon's Horde. I think the sooner we start our assault of Bohsnefels the better (battles in Lustria should take priority though).
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I agree.

I played an SoC game the other night, and attacked Bohsenfels -- unfortunately I lost to an Empire player with 4 cannons and a hellblaster who could not seem to roll a misfire . . .
Truly These are the End Times ...
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Yes you are absolutely right, however the only way we will be able to take Bohsenfels quickly is if we ignore Lustria for a day, something I am not willing to do for only fluff recognition. However every win against the pathetic HE and Bretts that I play is placed there.
Lord mordaine
Shade

Post by Lord mordaine »

I think I agree with you both, we should act quickly. After all not everyone have lizards as opponents.
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Underway wrote:Yes you are absolutely right, however the only way we will be able to take Bohsenfels quickly is if we ignore Lustria for a day, something I am not willing to do for only fluff recognition. However every win against the pathetic HE and Bretts that I play is placed there.

Why do you think it will have such a negative impact on Lustria? Currently we are fighting at other sites in the campaign? Couldn't we simply switch to posting all our wins against non-Lizard opponents on Bohsenfels whilst posting all our wins against lizards in Lustria?
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Ideally, that's what we're encouraging, yes. :mrgreen:
Robertokious
Highborn

Post by Robertokious »

I've posted 7 wins in Bohesenfels :D lol, unfortunately, i haven't seen ne change in the percent, still stuck on 53 :cry:
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

The fluff may indicate a simple end to the fighting at Boshenfels. If you remeber, there will never be more than 8 sites to post at. Right now, there are 8, and Brass Keep leads to two. Boshenfels may simple close as an active site so that Brass Keep can fall and open up Emporer's Hammer and Sohk.
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Maldor wrote:The fluff may indicate a simple end to the fighting at Boshenfels. If you remeber, there will never be more than 8 sites to post at. Right now, there are 8, and Brass Keep leads to two. Boshenfels may simple close as an active site so that Brass Keep can fall and open up Emporer's Hammer and Sohk.

We've thought about this, and have the theory that once Brass Keep falls, or some other site in which they'll need the slot, it will close, being represented in the fluff by the Kislevittes reaching it, and 'picking up' the remainder of the Empire armies before moving on. Hopefully, we can take it down before this happens. We've got some time, as we don't see BK or Grimmenhagen falling anytime soon.
Prince of shadow
Noble

Post by Prince of shadow »

Personally i wouldnt worry so much, since the Chaos will definately reach middenheim, and there are skaven and other races flooding in. And our sub-campaign is losing if someone notice...
Man who fought bravely die quickly, while man who cower and run live to fight another day
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Prince Of Shadow wrote:Personally i wouldnt worry so much, since the Chaos will definately reach middenheim, and there are skaven and other races flooding in. And our sub-campaign is losing if someone notice...

Actually we are just winning our subcampaign. However our lead is so small it is basically still a draw at the moment. If you have any problems with your local Lizardmen army though then ask in the thread called Problem with the LIzardmen? Ask here.
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

I raided a fort at Bohsenfels and took it on Thursday in the Final Assault scenario (I highly recommend you try this one out).

All of my attacks from now until the end of the campaign will be directed at Bohsenefels or Lustria.
3 bots slain in Khaine's name.
Kane
Black Guard

Post by Kane »

GrogsnotPowwabomba wrote:All of my attacks from now until the end of the campaign will be directed at Bohsenefels or Lustria.

All my attacks have been so until now, and they will until the campaign ends. (Though most will be vs bohsenfels as I have 4 empire opponents and only a single lizzie opponent)
Nice armor Tyrion. Did your husband make it for you?
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Personally i wouldnt worry so much, since the Chaos will definately reach middenheim, and there are skaven and other races flooding in. And our sub-campaign is losing if someone notice...

well i have had a hunch that the assault on middenhelm will beging on the 9th of August. because the fact that the end times roadshow advert in WD goes through 3 phases the ritual terror at grimminhagen, the death stalks middenstag, and then assault on miidenhelm which starts on august 9th. slight give away IMO.
i'm lucky i have 3 lizzie oppenents and 2 empire ones. but my main concentration is now on lustria due to the fact my main empire oppenent is on his hoilday.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Bohsenfels? Affirmative! Good that the SoC site have ****ed up so I couldn't post my win in Brass Keep earlier today! :D