Frogboy against the druchii

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Frogboy
Corsair

Frogboy against the druchii

Post by Frogboy »

Oke I just had my battle against the druchii Lord_Kaloth, i might have said Lord tareq, but since i know both of them and all druchii look alike to me ;) I made a small mistake.

We played at his house, with his dice, this wasn't good for my luck i noticed.

After the first deploy ment, where the center was taken bij only 2 units of mine while the rest was either hiding in the lake or behind the tree's. He had a slight advantage, having a big open field in the center (which my army doesn't like and having a big hil on his side which my army hates even more. I started with some easy moving, don't want to be charged by deamonette's on steeds in turn 1. The stegadon moved to the center of the board @ max speed, staying out of target range to the RBT. I moved my skinks out of the jungle in for the "kill" to his darkrider. While the rest just moved slowly ahead. my magic phase gave me a second sign of amul, the rest being failed or scrolled.

His turn, the dark riders charged the skink and to my horror I made the mistake of moving 1 skink within the 9 inch in my own movement phase. which gave me no change to shoot the darkriders as I had planned. Not looking good for the skinks now :shock: In the center his deamonettes on steed failed their charge as my terradons didn't make the same mistake.
His magic was quickly cancelled out by the cube of darkness so on to the shooting. He unleashed almost al he had on 1 unit skinks where he manneged to JUST shoot enough to make his last unit repeatercrossbowmen to shoot at my most forward skink shaman. AUCH, that was my second stupid mistake, not looking good so far. for the rest he didn't do much except killing 2 of my terradons. In the combat, the skinks had to fight the darkriders, who killed 4 of the skinks, 2 skinks could fight back, 1 killing a darkrider. This made me lose the battle by 2, needing to rol 3 or lower on coldblooded, i managed to keep the skinks in the fighting 8) They would not allow the dark riders the glory they where seeking, maybe sotek didn't abandon me completly.

Second turn, i started with a charge of the stegadon in the flank of the deamonette's along with my jungle swarms in the front. My kroxigors charged the unit scouts in front of them.
My terradon's ignored the fighting of the darkriders and just flew over them, landing behind the druchii battle line. The salamanders moved in to try and kill the mounted deamonette's.

Magic was uneventfull, getting a second sign of amul cast the rest either failed, dispelled or cancelled out by scrolls. On to shooting, the salamanders starting to spout flame or so they shoot, the first one prefered to snack on some skink legs instead (stupid dice of him, they where cursed I tell you) The second one only caused a poor 6 hits. after wounding and seve's only 1 deamonette died. THAT wasn't good news. On the otherside my skinks tried some little shooting, killing a few elves but nothing spectacular. The combat couldn't be worse then this. My kroxigors failed to totally destroy the scouts, leaving 1 standing but he rolled snake eyes on his LD test. The skinks lost another two of them BUT killed another darkriders also making the round a draw where his music made them test, the skinks where not impressed. The stegadon and jungle swarms made his unit of mounted deamonette's down to only 1 of them. but she passed her instability test.

His turn started with the charge of his unit devotees into my stegadon. mounted deamonette's in my salamanders. The magic phase was terrible for me, he made my stegadon unable to fight since he casted a IF. ARGH. other magic didn't do much. The shooting proved to be less succesfull as he tried to kill the kroxigors with it. On to the fighting. The salamanders lost some of the skinks and where run over by the deamonette's. The kroxigors smashed the remaining scout 6 feet under with a great overkill. The stegadon survived the beating caused by the devotees and didn't flee when losing the combat. The darkriders killed a skink and lost another rider in return. He didn't flee but the skinks where apping around now to make sure the last one would die.

The start of my own turn, the terradons charge the RBT while the kroxigors and my general charged the dark elves who where standing on the hill shooting us. Magic gave me some second sign of amul power, The shooting was short and didn't kill much. on to combat.
The skinks killed the last darkrider. The devotees killed a jungle swarm and the stegadon killed some devotee's losing the combat the stegadon had to flee, leaving the jungle swarm and devotee's behind. The kroxigors along with my scar vet kicked some druchii but on the hill giving me a overrun into the unit behind the as the other unit fled and was destroyed.finally the lizard starting to get some real druchii blood to be spilled . The terradons had no trouble at all with the RBT crew.

back to the druchii turn again. He moved his harpied, and noble on pagasus in for the hunt of my skink shamans. The rest was already fighting so not much else movement. Mis magic was stopped this time except him sending my kroxigors to someplace i didn't want them to go. The devotees killed the remaining jungle swarm. and the crossbowmen where cut down by the kroxigors and scar vet.

My turn, the scar vet and last reamining terradon decided to kill the last RBT and both charged in. The skinks moved to kill some devotees. The kroxigors turned a bit to prepare for the mounted deamonette's who where running back to fight my skinks. The stegadon failed to rally and moved on. The shamans went to run for it. Hoping to get away when the flying creature's would charge in. Magic was uneventfull again, my badrolling combined with his shipload of dispells made it hard for me to cast anything good. Shooting was better as the skinks killed 6 of the devotees.

From this point on things went a bit faster, his deamonette's moved in to kill the skinks but they where cut short by my scar vet general who intercepted. The stegadon rallied and combined with a few remaining skinks made his noble walk back home as his dark pegasus died. 1 unit kroxigors was killed as they where paralysed by his magic (he had 3 IF cast, not funny :shock: ) In the end of turn six it came down to both having only about 700 points left. So with a almost empty battle table. The game ended in a draw. It was a very close match and a complete slaughter. (picture's to follow later)
Lord_kaloth
Executioner

Post by Lord_kaloth »

And the battle was enjoyable! ... We ll be back :)
In the end there was only Druchii
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

a good day to die on it seems, nice report :)
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

Good job Frogboy ! Way to show our race can fight till the end !
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

Next time MY dice, his dice are jinxed. They are evil dice, not blessed by sotek. In the end both of us had about 700 points left standing on the table.

I have learned a couple of things with this "new" army list of mine, I bring in more kroxigors next time, more skinks with short bows for superior shooting.
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

I have learned a couple of things with this "new" army list of mine, I bring in more kroxigors next time, more skinks with short bows for superior shooting

no shortbows allowed. ur lizzies r primitive
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Dyne
Beastmaster
Location: waiting behind you, about to stab you wit.........wait, ewwww!

Post by Dyne »

i once played an opponent with loaded dice
im not accusing your opponent or anything, but it could happen............
Everyone wrote:You know, High Elfs really suck
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

darkspear wrote:
I have learned a couple of things with this "new" army list of mine, I bring in more kroxigors next time, more skinks with short bows for superior shooting

no shortbows allowed. ur lizzies r primitive

My Lizzie's are allowed to use shortbows (cost me +1 point each) but they are better as they have a bigger range so they are more dangerous and more safe.
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

Are you playing Southlands frogboy ? IMO Southlands is better than the Lustrian list.

Shortbows are OK but blowpipes can seriously damage elves. I park them in the woods and sit there for a turn, and the unload on the 5+ sv warriors or no sv daemons.
Cuts the down like a lawnmower cuts grass.

Remember you can be in the woods and be 1 in. away from the elves and be more safe than a shortbow unit 10 in. away. If they come after you its their mistake...

And if the Lizardmen are primitive, why exactly are coming to steal our stuff ?
8)
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!