IMPORTANT NEW ORDERS!!!! 10 Aug 04

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Xinithorp wrote:I would like it if someone could actually refute my argument rather than tell me I don't have a sense of humour.

*sigh* Lord this is getting ridiculous. Fine. How about this. I've spoken to Underway, and speak to him quite often. He did not mean it that way, and didn't realize that it would be taken for anything other than what it was. A Joke. We're all sorry that some have missinterpretted it that way, but rest assured, it was NOT an actual suggestion to cheat. If you need any more proof that Underway doesn't support this kind of thing, please remember that he was one of the people who started the whole inter-website initiative against cheating in this campaign. It was a joke, people. Let it go.
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

(Edited out now that we have some resolution to the situation.)
Last edited by Sevwall on Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Your Friendly Nieghboorhood Lizardman
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

If someone on TPV2 said "So this is the week of total dark elf slaying! Ignore all other opponents to target the druchii, make your chaos friend proxy dark elves, dress your little sister up as a dark elf and chase her around the backyard screaming FOR SOTEK AND TEPOK or whatever." I would fully understand that it is a joke, so many people are just being too damn paranoid...
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

(edited out now that me have some resolution to the situation)
Last edited by Sevwall on Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Xinithorp
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Xinithorp »

Lord Veshnakar wrote:If someone on TPV2 said "So this is the week of total dark elf slaying! Ignore all other opponents to target the druchii, make your chaos friend proxy dark elves, dress your little sister up as a dark elf and chase her around the backyard screaming FOR SOTEK AND TEPOK or whatever." I would fully understand that it is a joke, so many people are just being too damn paranoid...

Well, obviously some people don't find it funny.

Sevwall is right. Whether or not it is a joke is beside the point. And it was not the sort of thing to joke about, especially at this stage in the campaign.
This is something that very well looks like advocation of cheating, so it is not totally unimaginable that someone is going to take it the wrong way. And that someone turns out to be many members of the Lizardmen community as well as members of the Light in general.
To say it is ridiculous that someone could mistake this "joke" as the real thing is, well, ridiculous.
The Old Ones made me do it.
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

Appearently this campaign has become a lot more serious then I had ever hoped for..
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Oooooh, hell. It's a game of fantasy.
None of this should be taken seriously ...
That is the hillariouse part.
Just take it easy, and besides, there is nothing
more you can do about it.
MDK
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Well said MDK.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

(edited out since some resolution to the situation has occured)
Last edited by Sevwall on Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Mime
Black Guard

Post by Mime »

not sure if I should be happy or sad that a bunch of lizards came all the way here to flame.

Oh by the way my little sisters out of town for a while, anyone got one I can borrow? :twisted:

On the other hand in that solicitation?? :?

Have a nice day.

Mike
Whip me, beat me, bash me, crash me, throw me against the wall, oh ah baby I love it when you treat me rough!!!
D.e.highborn
Black Guard

Post by D.e.highborn »

Xinithorp: What kind of Nimrod are you ???
The guys I play against are all real Pro's and will woop my ass with any army. (I only have a win% of 25 or something like that). Don't get me wrong I win agaisnt most players but There are 2 in particular that kill me almost all the time.
And so what even (noob) player can give you a hard time with lizerds.
If you kill one man you are a murderer.
If you kill ten you are a monster.
If you kill a hundred you are a hero.
If you kill ten thousand you are a conqueror !
Denthor
Assassin

Post by Denthor »

Wat is everyones prob. The whole idea of warhammer is to bring people toghether have a battle have fun. I can almost garantee that it won't matter who wins the campaighn as it will get balanced out by fluff. You lizzie players have taken that far to seriousley and some of you DE players are getting to defencsive it dose not matter one bit. A joke or not the only thing this debate is doing is meaning people now playing DEvsLizzie games might take it to seriously.
Take a chill pill.
The Plague of Nurgle Is Here Resistance Is Futile
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Is this finished yet? The Lizards interpreted this wrongly, we have accepted this. So why are you Lizardmen players still complaining here? We are not cheating, we never intend to cheat, and Underway certainly is not encouraging us to cheat.
Stop complaining already. IT WAS A JOKE
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Mielkith wrote:Is this finished yet? The Lizards interpreted this wrongly, we have accepted this. So why are you Lizardmen players still complaining here? We are not cheating, we never intend to cheat, and Underway certainly is not encouraging us to cheat.
Stop complaining already. IT WAS A JOKE
Exactly. Our Slaan neighbors have asked for responses that aren't insulting, and don't take shots about any perceived lack of a sense of humour. I've already done that, which seems to have been completely ignored. I've spoken to Underway, and it was certainly not encouragement to cheat. It was merely a joke. That's all it was. I can't stress it enough that you shouldn't read too much into it.

To refute your arguement concerning what we'd say if we saw it on TPV2, it would exactly the same as it did here. I'd find it humorous, and see it as the joke that it is. Not as some advocacy for cheating.

There's not much else that we can say, except that we're sorry that it was misinterpretted. Let it go. The horse is already dead. Stop beating it, already.
Rephaim gg
Trainee Warrior

Post by Rephaim gg »

I'm happy as long as everyone understands that it is wrong to proxy for wins (btw Malagoth i would have punished you on TPV if you had been calling someone a "half-wit drooling fool".)
I'm with Injektilo

Blame him
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

So, bottom line here... just to clear everything up, the message that both Lizardmen and Druchii players should be getting here is that the comment about proxying was not intended to be an order. Got it? Good... Druchii.net members have played this campaign entirely clean so far, and we're not going to start blemishing our record now. There's still every possibility that either force could swing the battle in their favor legitimately.

Now, with that being said... I think this issue is very, very minor. If someone was to go to that much effort just to guarentee a win, what's to stop them from just posting one without playing at all? I can guarentee everyone that there are hundreds of members on the SoC site who are posting false battle reports everyday. So, as I said, if someone were willing to "bend" (more like break) the rules to that extent, I don't think it would have any impact on the campaign. I'd contend that there's at least a 5% swing already based on false results and/or cheating.

Regardless, comments like this:
Xinithorp wrote:Unless this order is withdrawn the Lizardmen have won.
We'll either win honestly or lose to cheaters. In my book, those both count as wins.

So, thank you for the victory.

are downright combative and mean-spirited. Ninety percent of the members here at Druchii.net have put in a lot of effort, and gone out of our way to play this campaign properly, and I don't think any of them (including me) take kindly to accusations like this. Even if several of our less-informed members did take the orders to heart and in fact use this "proxying" tactic (which hopefully did not happen), I don't think that nullifies all of the other members' work that's been done so far.

You guys called us on the faux pas... fine, I'm sure Underway and the rest of us can accept that and see that it was a mistake. If any battles were indeed reported using this unfair method, I'm sure our staff will go out of their way to make sure they are corrected.

But don't you dare accuse this entire site of being "cheaters"... that's crap. We've put way too much time and effort into playing this correctly for you to start that kind of argument. Blanket statements like that make the entire community look bad and cheapen the entire campaign... you don't want all of your effort reduced to some random accusation, and niether do we. In reality it was only one mis-spoken post and possibly a couple of battles (which will be corrected if they indeed did happen), not some large-scale conspiracy which you seem to have attributed to our entire site.

We've all worked too damn hard for you to start tossing out bombs like that... if you're looking for a scrap, I'm sure we can dig up some dirt on you guys as well. In fact, if I do find out about any Lizard player(s) cheating, I'll make sure to remind your entire forum that they're "cheating" as well....as long as we're throwing out accusations maybe I'll just accuse the entire CoL of cheating. :roll:

As far as I'm concerned, this issue is over... you guys can continue combing through our forum for any other tidbits you'd like to point out, but if you're looking to start another crap-fest, I'd suggest you keep it on your own forum, because I'm not interested in any more of your comments accusing our entire site of cheating.... those accusations crap, and you know it.
Last edited by Mtucache on Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thee forsaken one
Forsaken Master of Fallen Gods

Post by Thee forsaken one »

Malagoth wrote:Ask and ye shall receive! Now any intelligent person could have determined that the order was not literal in it's suggestion to dragoon unknowing players into playing Lizardmen. It was simply trying to get across the need for our forces to concentrate in Lustria AND to play more games. I really think that you people who are just sooooooo offended by this should really get your collective heads out of your rearends! I found the order humorous and in NO WAY thought that I was being ORDERED to cheat!!! In fact you would have to be a half-wit, drooling fool to honestly think that that was what was being advocated.

I am sure that if you go back, read the post and think a minute before responding you will see things as I do. In the mean time, lighten up for Khaine's sake!! :P

Malagoth if there is any flaming on this topic it is from you. While the other posts merely said we lacked a sense of humour you decided it is ok to insult other people. If this was posted on TPV or any other site you would be warned.

I now however accept that it was a joke but official posts should not even jokingly suggest cheating as some less honourable players would take this to heart and do it.
Rephaim gg
Trainee Warrior

Post by Rephaim gg »

Came dowm.

You complained of Xini as mean-spirited but then went right on and did it worse. People have proxyed and we know of it but we are fine as long as you don't tell people to proxy. You can't stop those who decide to.
Last edited by Rephaim gg on Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm with Injektilo

Blame him
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

ENOUGH!!!

Apparently people around here are misinterpreting the statement in question.

Let me make it perfectly clear for those Lizardmen players who were put off by the statement.

IT.... WAS... A... JOKE...

Is that clear enough for everyone??? In light of people being unable to to distinguish my pathetic attempt at humour from the real orders (you know the huge section that said KILL LIZARDS in big bold letters) I will edit the post to clarify the offensive statement and post an appology letter on TVP2 as I hope this does not lead to lasting bitterness between the sites.

In finality I am very much against cheating, have banned cheaters from this site, and am actively involved in trying to stop cheating in all levels. In no way shape or form do I condone any set of cheating, real or imagined and hope that all players can come together to play a fun game of warhammer. So lets all stop this petty bickering about a misinterpreted statement and get back to playing warhammer.

Underway
Rephaim gg
Trainee Warrior

Post by Rephaim gg »

It's fine now the problem has been settled
I'm with Injektilo

Blame him
Denthor
Assassin

Post by Denthor »

Here Here
The Plague of Nurgle Is Here Resistance Is Futile
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

And just to wrap this up here is the thread in which I appologize to the Lizards, I would suggest that those members here who wish to do so go over there and add their signature to the thread to show that the DE, though a nasty evil race, are not nasty evil players.

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Thee_For ... topic=6171

Underway
Rephaim gg
Trainee Warrior

Post by Rephaim gg »

All's well that ends well
I'm with Injektilo

Blame him
Delrith
Trainee Warrior

Post by Delrith »

Oki doki smoky im joky. 8)
sorry for any spelling errors
Malagoth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Malagoth »

My apologies, I did not realise that these things had been suggested in the past...however, I still firmly believe that there was no malicious intent with the order post.

I think we all need to calm down a bit(myself included) and realise that it is just a game after all!

CHeers!
'Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts!'
-Londo Malari-Centauri Ambassador to Babylon 5