the campaign so far...

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

what do you think about the campaign so far

Very cool
13%
Boring
43%
good but not as I expected
45%

Total votes: 40

Suddenstrike
Warrior

the campaign so far...

Post by Suddenstrike »

the campaign so far...
Beg all you want...
V-D-L
11-3-1
6-0-0 vs Khorne
1-0-0 vs Tzeentch
1-0-0 vs Slaanesh Deamonic
1-0-0 vs Archeon Legions
1-2-0 vs Lizardmen
1-0-0 vs Khemri
0-1-1 vs High Elves
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

It's been interesting trying to find a good strategy for COTEC, discussing and attempting to implement the plans has been a good experience.

The campaign itself has been a bit dull. Once in a while there was some interesting fluff, but mostly it was run-of-the-mill. The player driven background was a good idea, but with the FoD comprised of multiple websites the allying purpose of COTEC broke up slightly as they all tried to get their 15 minutes of fame ("So, how does it feel to be on the losing side?").

I reckon we stood a chance. But the fractured nature I warned about long ago which created COTEC (and was supposed to be unite the FoD) eventually came back to bite us. CoLA is is FoL united. That helped them immensely.

I was looking forward to potential huge shifts in the fantasy background. But I should have remembered EoT...

(I could go on, but I may just make one big report at the end of the campaign :roll: and contain my rage until then)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

Choices are too confining...my choice is

"none of the above"

Nice idea, pretty predicatable so far....feeling is "luke warm"
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

the campaign had me all excited i was hoping to hear about heroic actions and bravery that every race did
instead it was only the actions of chaos and the empire that were ushaully acknowledged and i also dont think Gav paid much attention to the sub campaigns
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

I think it's cool. I like the fact that you have a chance of being mentioned by writing stuff.
I'm aiming for it! :P
Executionerofharganeth
Executioner

Post by Executionerofharganeth »

I find it ok, being a Dark elf player with everyone one else here their isnt much to do in the seige of middenheim and there arent many lizardman players around the GW i play at. All in all, they should have rethought the subcampaigns and made them more interesting for the non chaos and non defending armies to play with.
"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, Master of Har Ganeth
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

i voted very cool, but i was trying to imagine that i could actually play some games. :cry:

overall, i think the campaign was a super idea, and the fluff that has come out because of it has been some of the best i've ever read.

the fact that it is player driven, as other people have said, is very nice, and the way you can then see the progress on the map is superb.

the subcampaigns are a very good idea, in that they give the races with not much to do in the siege of middenheim something to do, and give them a common cause.

but if i could get some games in, it might be quite a bit better, because my opponents keep posponing them, but then saying they don't actually want to do them, and after more than a month of that, it starts to annoy me. :evil:
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Argetlam
Black Guard

Post by Argetlam »

the campaign is quite good actually but there's still some how did it call? mechanical problems but hey it made by human and nobodies perfect..

What I wanted to know is how many players actually from druchii.net who really play the campaign and post it? We got lots of member here...
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Sampoerna wrote:the campaign is quite good actually but there's still some how did it call? mechanical problems but hey it made by human and nobodies perfect..

What I wanted to know is how many players actually from druchii.net who really play the campaign and post it? We got lots of member here...

i do so we know atleast one does
Quinn
Cold One Knight

Post by Quinn »

I think that it has been completely predictable from the beginning and the advance of Chaos to the walls of Middenheim was absolutely and obviously pre-ordained. We all know that this was going to happen and the big question was whether or not Chaos will sack Middenheim or not. Supposedly the battles prior to the seige would have a big effect on the outcome of the seige itself. So, how many modifiers are still in effect right now and does anyone see how the previous battles have effected the outcome of the seige?

As far as the subcampaigns go and especially Lustria, I think the whole idea of concentrating on the ludicrous idea of a bunch of Slaneesh worshipping DEs invading Lustria to sack temples was dreamed up by someone at GW desperately trying to come up with some way of involving the frogs in the campaign!

Although the COS list is pretty cool, how can you have the majority of the DEs and Malekith himself sitting on the sidelines basically? They should have focused our subcampaign on Ulthuan instead of Lustria. Stick to the ultimate goal for each race/army, not some side-show!

I'm ranting right now, but I'm just disappointed with the whole thing overall. If you're going to run a world-wide campaign, why not make it open-ended? A perpetual campaign so-to-speak, where people continue to post battle results and strategic objectives can be fought over for years.
If they're not going to do a WH online game, surely they have the resources and talent to do something along these lines. That would be interesting and original.
Pain?....you don't even know what pain is.....yet.
Bjarni
Noble

Post by Bjarni »

Who cares? We got 5 cool new army lists! (And three rather droll ones and two very bad ones...)

Still....

I've been following the campaign from the start and I've loved the Loremaster's Journal. So thumbs up on that front (and giving players who post on their site a little piece of their own was a great idea - even though it won't make me stoop to posting on a GW board).

But the action itself has been bad, bad, bad. Defenders are outposting the Attackers by an impossible margin. This was 'okay' for the main map; the Attackers still had a pretty solid shot at taking sites (although, sure, being more organized would have helped the Attackers). With the Siege map... not so good. If the Attackers finish off the siege, then you can call me a red herring. There's just no way for the (outposted) Attackers to punch through. The Attackers can always push back any concentrated effort on the Attackers' behalf, even if they were horribly organized. All it takes is a look at the map and going "Hey, that site is down to a low number. I'd best report there."
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

i also think the SoC is a good thing, since we got lots of new minis and magic items and lists.

i agree with quinn, in that they should have made our subcampaign in ulthuan, but not trying to take it over, only raiding, because if we were trying to take over and we won then bye bye asur, and GW couldn't do that.
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

We got a lot out of it, lists, magic items, etc. But because of the lack of order the the attackers showed, it quickly became rather dull when the defenders would only lose sites to timed or bloodbath victory conditions.
If the attackers out there had been organised, us defenders may have had to actually put up a bit more of a fight to keep the tide back. Nevertheless, we still got idiots whining on the defenders forum when a town fell, or convinced that they could push chaos back to old sites.

I liked the overall idea, i liked how it was handled, but stupid people on the forums ultimately ruined it for everybody.
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha
Bloodtemplar
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bloodtemplar »

Rork wrote:COTEC...FoD...CoLA...FoL

Mind speaking a language we all understand?
Metal for miniatures - plastic for toys.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

well i like the whole background and story thing, as well as the new armylists, but the campaign system is somehow flawed. i don´t care who wins in the end, but i feel the campaign isn´t really fair.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Mornedhel wrote:well i like the whole background and story thing, as well as the new armylists, but the campaign system is somehow flawed. i don´t care who wins in the end, but i feel the campaign isn´t really fair.

why dont u feel the campaign is far
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Pretty boring and very predictable. All about Chaos which I am sick to death of hearing about at this time and generally the other subcampaigns were rarely discussed, which is expected since they just became big pile-ups completely lacking any strategic maneuver room.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Naggaroth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Naggaroth »

I was exited before it started but after it had begun it was just boring.
The whole thing doesn t fit the fluff at all. The biggest army ever is walking to Middenheim as slow as a snail loosing everywhere they can and just "winning" sites that were deemed to fall anyway. if it wasn t pre written Archaon wouldnt be standing before the walls off Middenheim as he is now.

All the sub campaigns are barely mentioned in the Loremasters Journal.... this campaign is just a waste of time.

The only thing that keeps me hoping is the "rewriting" of the fluff afterwards. What will be in store for our beloved Dark Elven host?
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

BloodTemplar wrote:
Rork wrote:COTEC...FoD...CoLA...FoL

Mind speaking a language we all understand?

Chamber of the Everchosen, the forum for all forces of darkness.
Forces of Darkness.
Coalition of Light.
Forces of Light.

Anything else?
Goschlem
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Goschlem »

I think, the campaign's an interessting idea, but... :(
Where there's a will, there's a way.