Subcampaign percentage bars stuck?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Kane
Black Guard

Subcampaign percentage bars stuck?

Post by Kane »

I have been checking the subcampaign percentage bars for every day about 2 weeks now, and none of them has moved as much as one percent!
I'm getting the feeling that GW simply forget to update them, or they have som kind of problems with the posting system.
find it impossible that six armies can draw every day in two weeks, or am I just paranoid and desperate for a change as empire has been winning for the entire campaign and we drawing vs lizzies.
Nice armor Tyrion. Did your husband make it for you?
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Now that we're two months into the campaign, the amount that one battle changes the overall percentages has decreased to almost nothing.

With so many battles already registered, all the new ones are worth only a fraction of a percentage point.... so it would take a large difference to make them change.

It's kind of like your GPA... it's really easy to move it around in your first year or two, but once you're a senior it's next to impossible to change it. ;)
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

I have no idea im not working at GW.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Kane
Black Guard

Post by Kane »

You're probably right MTUCache, as usual. But this is still boring, and can't atleast one army get a slight advantage over the other?

And BTW I have no idea what GPA is (ok, I live about 7000 km away from USA, which describes all the question)
Cainite
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cainite »

Actually, The bar at the UK site is a dynamic bar like it used to be in the start of the campaign, It allows seeing the exact precentage by using "view source".
And as of now it shows us losing by about 0.7%.
The victory i poseted today seems to have raised the bar by about 0.005%.
So i would think that our best option now is to just leave the main campaign (which seems to be over now, really) and just make sure we can atleast claim a solid draw in our campaign.
Kane
Black Guard

Post by Kane »

I used to viev source, but when they put percentages on the bar, in the beginning they only showed the rounded numbers, now they must have switched back to the many numbers in the view source. Thanks canite, and now the problem is solved, I was only deperate for change ;).
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

cainite wrote:Actually, The bar at the UK site is a dynamic bar like it used to be in the start of the campaign, It allows seeing the exact precentage by using "view source".
And as of now it shows us losing by about 0.7%.
The victory i poseted today seems to have raised the bar by about 0.005%.
So i would think that our best option now is to just leave the main campaign (which seems to be over now, really) and just make sure we can atleast claim a solid draw in our campaign.

you don't really have a option do you? you play a opponent and if he doesn't have lizzie's you can't play for lustria. So you don't have a choice, your opponent does.
Cainite
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cainite »

You can make your opponent proxy his armies for lizzies which is what i'm doing.

Evidently it works nicely for both of us, Since he was thinking of buying lizzies anyway.
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Cainite... there's been some discussion about this type of activity between the TPV2 and D.net. This is not a legitimate activity, and those wins probably shouldn't be counted in the sub-campaign.

The grey area is large, especially if he's been getting ready to purchase his LZ army, but still... there's no doubt this is shady.

That post is bound to upset a lot of people... you can imagine how our reaction would be if they had a similar post on thier site.
Cainite
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cainite »

Oh... Errr....

I honestly had no idea that what we did was frowned upon.
I could see nothing wrong with it (and still cant actually).

But if its considered against the spirit of the campaign then i guess it has to stop.
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Well... imagine how you'd feel if some Lizardman player grabbed his friend (who knows nothing about Dark Elves), proxied a bunch of models as Druchii, and then proceeded to whoop on him for a month straight during the campaign. Not exactly a fair fight, right?

I suppose there's nothing technically "wrong" about it, as it's still a DE/LZ battle (which is better than just faking it altogether), but it's still not giving the Lizardman player a sporting chance.

Now... if he's an experienced Lizardman player (or at least close in skill-level to you), and just hasn't been able to purchase the models yet, then that's a different story. But unless he's got a decent shot at winning each game (and you're reporting his victories as well as yours), I'd say they're not within the "spirit of the game"... if you know what I'm talking about.

Basically, it's important for both players to have a vested interest in their side of the campaign. If the LZ player couldn't be bothered to post his victories, or intentionally throws the game... then the Druchii victories are without value. In order to keep the spirit and intensity of the campaign, all people involved should go out of their way to do things the "right way".
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Well, as he said, his friend was thinking off buying lizards.. Which means he is trying them out. Which means that he ain't forcing him.