Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Bemenacth
Beastmaster

Post by Bemenacth »

Name of General and/or Faction:
Khazlan Orodor, commander of the Spine Blades of Orodor
Attitude toward the civil war:
Morathi kept her secret too long to reveal it in open war. She deserves to die for her stupidity
Short bio/story/description:
Will trailing an group of escaped asur, he lost himself in the black spine mountains. He finally tracked them down and killed them, but by that point was desperatly lost. The shades attacked him but he proved strong enough to destroy his trackers and hide in the mountains, slowly killing shades one by one. After years of living in this way, he showed himself before the shades, proposing to lead them in a secret war against Naggaroth, eliminating all how stood in their way. They appreciated his stealth, and willingly followed him.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Nagathi wrote:Many of these characters and stories sound terrific! You should all try to write a few dramatic lines for battle report when this campaign sets off. It would be awesome to read them all and get an overall feel of what is going on.

- Nag

Actually, I was hoping that this thread would help everyone out with just that. I have a blast writing my battle reports and intend to actually try to integrate the other characters mentioned here. I plan to call for and offer support from other factions, attack and fend off specific forces, blame individual hardcore cultists for assassination attempts, have "guest appearances" by heroes and lords, etc. All by permission of course. Nothing mean spirited or anything. Just all part of the big uber-story.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

General Kala wrote:Actually, I was hoping that this thread would help everyone out with just that. I have a blast writing my battle reports and intend to actually try to integrate the other characters mentioned here. I plan to call for and offer support from other factions, attack and fend off specific forces, blame individual hardcore cultists for assassination attempts, have "guest appearances" by heroes and lords, etc. All by permission of course. Nothing mean spirited or anything. Just all part of the big uber-story.
Great idea, as long as it doesn't contradict the fluff set by the Campaign Managers... I will try to write at least one major BatRep myself, and if I know myself right it will be pretty long. The article I wrote was intended to be maybe a page or so, just to get an outline on my character's fluff. It turned out to be 7 pages...

- Nag
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Great idea, as long as it doesn't contradict the fluff set by the Campaign Managers..

Oh no. That's a given. The CMs are building the house. I'm just thinking about what color to paint my room.

Anybody else? I'm really enjoying this thread.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

General Kala wrote:
Great idea, as long as it doesn't contradict the fluff set by the Campaign Managers..

Oh no. That's a given. The CMs are building the house. I'm just thinking about what color to paint my room.

Anybody else? I'm really enjoying this thread.

This is a very good thread you made and is very interesting. This is the kind of stuff the CMs will pay attention to so keep it up.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

@Kala: Great idea! If you want some help, gimme a shout! I would be glad to help out in any way shape or form.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

@General Kala: I´d be interested in linking my fluff with yours for the campaign as well, so if you´ve got any specific ideas then, just pm me and we will make something up together.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

@Kala: great idea, if you need any help give me a PM i can help in any way.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Goodgoodgood. Let's say PM each other with any ideas, synchronize fluff, then write and post. I'll be doing mine mostly in battle reports and Kala's journal entries.

But still, for now let's try to focus the thread on having some more participants. Anybody else want to tell us about your role in the campaign?
Quinn
Cold One Knight

Post by Quinn »

Name of General/Faction:

Lord Uledex of the 'Coldblades'.

Attitude towards the Civil War:

Although his exile to the Northern Wastes and subsequent duty of patrolling against incursions left him far from the politics of the throne, Uledex could not forget the 'incident' with the Witch Elves of Khaine that put him in this position. He would watch the ensuing power struggle closely and then determine whether to eagerly pursue Slaneeshi forces out of the north, or to have his troops polish their armor.........

Short Bio:
Lord Uledex's house had long supported Malekith and his goal of reclaiming Ulthuan for it's rightful rulers. They had powerful connections: Uledex's wife, the Lady Remda, had once been one of Morathi's personal handmaidens and Uledex's well deserved reputation as a general had both been instrumental in their high-standing within Druchii society.
All of this changed the night the Witch Elves decided to kidnap and sacrafice Uledex's grandson. Uledex led his Knights, 'the ColdBlades', on a assault against the Temple of Khaine that held his heir, a bloody affair that left Uledex victorious but doomed. Only the intervention of Morathi herself had resulted in his posting to the Northern Wastes, instead of the spilling of his blood upon a bloody altar. He and his house are now engaged in continous warfare defending the northern borders, waiting for a chance to retake their rightful place in the upper echelons of society.
Pain?....you don't even know what pain is.....yet.
Lord raize of the viper m
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lord raize of the viper m »

Name of General/Faction:
Lord Raize of the Viper Mountains

We should be fighting the weak Asur, yet we allow the weak upstart god, Slaanesh entice many of our numbers? this is unacceptable, for now we should ally with the cult to destroy the Asur, then destroy the cult all in one fell swoop, the Druchii way, destroy all who oppose us!
Feel my wrath Slaanesh and Filthy Asur!

Short Bio:
Lord Raize was born 300 human years ago in the Viper Mountains, his house is known throughout Naggaroth as one of the most loyal houses to Malekith, Raize has been in many conflicts with the Asur, he even lost his half-brother to one of the retched High Elves...needless to say that High Elf does not still draw breath. Raize also has a half-sister who has joined with the Cult of Pleasure currantly Raize is hunting down his erstwhile half-sister and when he finds her her screams will echo throughout the old world...
:twisted: some people collect coins, others collect stamps...me? i collect souls :twisted:
Tayrod
Spawn of Slaanesh
Location: Over the hills and far away (ie: In Norway somewhere)

Post by Tayrod »

Name:
Unknown, nicknamed ''Spiritus Sancti'' by his kinsmen.

Selfproclaimed Grand Warlord of Chaos Undivided

''Splendid! Let the folly elves fight amongst themselves, as I shall breach their watchtowers and overthrow their borders, the time off chaos is near, and I shall bring it, plundering in the name of the four great gods!''

Self set goals in the conflict:
Slaying elves to show the gods his worth as a champion of chaos.

Faction:
Might be lead to fight with (not for) the slaaneshi elves, if the spoils of war are good enough

Shorth Bio
Training all his life in the northlands, and being granted several great gifts by his gods, ''Spiritus Sancti'' is a great warrior, and a cunning one alike. His lifespawn has surpassed most humans, and some belive the gods have gifted him with immortality as he does not seem to age, wich is very peculiar for a human.
And the kneecaps connected to the ... *&¤%#% ... oh darn
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Spiritus Sancti would be Nagathi's arch-enemy... Splendid!

- Nag
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Lord Alkkrision - High Executioner of Naggarond

Simply sick and disgusting, so it's a good chance to decapitate some disloyal Druchii who are making the land of chill a horrible place to live in.

Short bio/story/description (stress on short ):
After his successes in some major attacks on the walls of Middenheim and with the death of the Empire General who has plagued him for such a long time, Alkkrision returned to Naggaroth to once again continue watching over the country with the other Highborns while Lord Malekith is in Ulthan. However with the growing tensions within the Land of Chill over whether the Cult of Pleasure should remain or go, Alkkrision felt it was time to once again raise his Draich of Dark Power, to wear his Black Amulet, and to once again join his executioners in some mass "discipline". In his opinion, there shall be no trouble just becasue Malekith and Lord Darkblade are in Ulthan and he can't stop anyone.
Marius_shadowblood
Slave (off the Altar)

Marius

Post by Marius_shadowblood »

Marius Shadowblood, lord of the Dark Heart Raiders

Disgust and hatred towards those who would turn against the true god and ruler of the Druchii.

After being away for awhile on raids and foreign battles, Marius returns to find the illegitimate son he thought dead to have returned from exile in the North as an Anointed and aided by his sorceress mother. Already possessing a dislike for the powers of Chaos, he has vowed to wipe clean these stains upon his honor and the name of Druchii.
Geelong
Cold One Knight

Post by Geelong »

Lord Ririvvax of the Arc Skullreamer

Disgraced that he was recalled from Ulthuan to fight a war in his own homeland. No uprising of significant importance has been in Naggaroth for many a milenia. He is pleased though that it is not a war on his house or another idiot upsurper trying to gain a foothold in the ladder of ascention, but against filthy chaos worshippers.

After being horribly scarred in his youth (a meer 124 years) from a battle on his house from sickly Chaos worshippers who succeded in killing most of his family and destroying his house, Ririvvax swore an oath to rooting out the leader of the cult that attacked his family. He became an avid fanatic of Khaine while testing his strength and faith by spending many years of his life in the Broken Lands. Returning home he found his hated cousin had proclaimed himself the Lord of Ririvvax's house. Ririvvax was furious and ended up stringing his cousin's, cousin's wife, and children heads on the top of their gates. Ririvvax left his house and became a corsair, in hopes of killing any upsurpers to his house, any chaos worshippers, and one day flying his house banner on his own Black Arc. He is now in command of the Black Arc Skullreamer.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

A lot of Druchii seem to be coming home for this. All the better. Perhaps we can keep Naggaroth from being overrun by the lesser races during this foolish little squabble after all.
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Kala ~ Besides the HE, I really doubt any of the other races will be that involved in the campaign. Not to knock on it or anything, but I just don't see many other sites or race specific groups getting pumped like the HE are. Minus our little distrubance in the south :twisted:, it should be all druchii on druchii action. ;)
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

The Asur are a lesser race, my lord Enthardon. :D

Seriously, though, you are probably right in the real world. I've stirred up some enthusiasm among my local game groups. I am fortunate enought to have a couple of willing victi...er, um...players from a variety of races. But if there isn't a general call to arms on the other race specific sites, then this civil war is mostly our own little affair.

Speaking as Kala, however, the very fact that there are Dwarves and Skaven in our Underway, human Chaos scum walking side by side with Cult of Slaanesh, and a buffet table of enemies creeping up from the south is a threat and an unbearable insult. Kala is cast as pragmatic, secular and very Druchii Nationalist.

And I think that I am planning to roleplay the destruction of Arnheim as General Kala's personal mini-crusade. So, gird your loins elf-prince. :twisted:
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Enthardon wrote:Kala ~ Besides the HE, I really doubt any of the other races will be that involved in the campaign. Not to knock on it or anything, but I just don't see many other sites or race specific groups getting pumped like the HE are. Minus our little distrubance in the south :twisted:, it should be all druchii on druchii action. ;)
Which is why we need major HELP in advertising this event on all race specific sites, as well as all the general warhammer boards. We might not want this to be global, but the more the merrier.

- Nag
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Nagathi wrote:
Enthardon wrote:Kala ~ Besides the HE, I really doubt any of the other races will be that involved in the campaign. Not to knock on it or anything, but I just don't see many other sites or race specific groups getting pumped like the HE are. Minus our little distrubance in the south :twisted:, it should be all druchii on druchii action. ;)
Which is why we need major HELP in advertising this event on all race specific sites, as well as all the general warhammer boards. We might not want this to be global, but the more the merrier.

- Nag

Help you say? I'll talk to Nightbringer (admin at WoC).
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Darkfox
Black Guard

Post by Darkfox »

Name of General and/or Faction: Ithil’iahd of Clar Karond, Warden of the East

Character Bio:Ithil’iahd has risen to power in the city of Clar Karond, originally a Black Ark Commander, he now stands only a step below Lord Yuerl (a young fool he despises and will happily usurp when the opportunity presents itself). During his time in court at Naggarond, he was honoured to meet Morathi in person. Through Morathi’s seduction and the intimacy of their meetings, Ithil’iahd has become absolutely infatuated with her, and now operates in Clar Karond as her loyal spy and servant, ever hoping to gain more of her favour.
Ithil’iahd uses his position as Warden of the East to protect a large clustering of Slaanesh devoted camped within the Black Forest. Serving under the façade as a neutral player in this war, his secret support for the Cult of Pleasure allows them to occupy much of the Black Forest undetected.

Attitude toward the civil war: A time of great opportunity for Ithil’iahd personally. Very much a political player, we will use this war to his advantage to climb the ladder of power, first Clar Karond – next Morathi’s left hand! (As Lonicera is her right hand!)
In any outcome, Ithil’ahd believes he stands to win, though a Slaaneshi victory would be more… pleasurable.

Short bio/story/description: Ithil’ahd still maintains personal control of a decent sized naval fleet, as well as a large host of outriders and foot troops, in addition to the troops his position as Warden grants him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name of General and/or Faction: Tai’sharr Onikage, Druchii Annoited
Morresse’ence, High Sorceress of The Purple Dragon chapter, both binder of Onikage, and lover.

Character Bio:Both binder and lover of the charismatic Annoited One, Onikage, Morresse’ence maintains a large host of devoted within the Black Forests. Blood sister to Ithil’iahd of Clar Karond, she and the Cult benefit from his protection. With Onikage, the two seek to harness the powers of the Monoliths to the north of the Black Forests towards Cult’s cause. Already they have the power to create ‘gateways’ to other ‘places’.
While Morresse’ence remains in command of the forces here, she trapped in infatuation of Onikage, and it is by him that all decisions are made.

Attitude toward the civil war: Morresse’ence serves what she believes is the Dark Prince, through Onikage. Onikage has a secret agenda. Together they and their Cult grow in power as they master both the Black Forest, and the secrets of the Monoliths.
Trust me...
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Re: Cast of Characters

Post by Alex c »

Ahlek Sander, Lord of House Sander, Commander of the Khainite Crusade of the Bloody Rose.

Disgusted that the weak Druchii back in Naggaroth let their differences rend society apart when such differences could easily be controlled and bent towards a more common goal should a competent leader be found...

Short bio/story/description:

Ahlek is currently waging war in the name of Khaine in the Human land of Bretonnia, attempting to carve out a new realm for the Druchii in the Old World so that true Elves once again prevail in the lands east of Naggaroth. Upon hearing of the imminent Civil War, Ahlek is slowing his advance and consolidating his position as he makes plans for his part in the conflict. Weighing his options, he can remain on his bloody crusade and stay true to his divine mission, pleasing his God and expanding and fortifying his new realm. Alternatively, he could return to Naggaroth and crush the weak Druchii there, gaining support for his crusade and increasing his personal power. Seeing Chaos as a tool to be used, he would seek to unite the divided factions and launch a new crusade, bringing all Druchii together so that the true enemies of his people will quake in fear at the power of a united and determined Naggaroth.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Da'ghault
Noble

Post by Da'ghault »

Lady Kethris Da’Garra of House Harrenhal, Ruler of Garat Gol
Kheilon Crowborn
Daina Darkrage
Jakhal the Slaver
Gotha the Flayer

It’s a perfect time for gaining allies and taking care of enemies, both internally and externally. As Lady Kethris is secretly a member of the Cult of Chroesh, she is not an ally to either the Cult of Pleasure or of Temple of Khaine. Morathi left the Cult of Chroesh to its fate a long time ago and the Temple of Khaine have always persecuted the snake cultists.
With internal turmoil within House Harrenhal Kethris will use this violent time to gain as much knowledge and power as possible.

House Harrenhal is in turmoil as the current ruler is slowly fading away and without having declared a successor. Lady Kethris is one of the stronger candidates despite her young age. House Harrenhal has always been ruled by a sorceress, but to the outside a male lord had appeared to be the ruler. The lady has still not reached her older contenders knowledge when it comes to sorcery and is therefore desperately seeking ancient knowledge that can help her compensate her lack in this area. She will basically remain in Gharat Gol while disposable units can gather as much ancient knowledge and bodies for her experiments in both sorcery and cult business. A young noble, Kheilon Crowborn will lead this force (Hand of Harrenhal) that hunts for knowledge and blood.

Da'Ghault Deceiver of the Damned
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

Name of General and Faction:

General Zhorin Asular, second in command to Lord Izkiel Raije, defenders of the Cauldron of Hag Graef.

Attitude towards the Civil War
Zhorin is excited about this war, as it is his first commanding experience. He usually only commands a unit or a flank, but this time, his Lord has given him command of an entire army! Added to this responsibilty, Lord Darkblade has placed in his control the Cauldron of Blood that usually resides in the Temple of Hag Graef!

Short bio/Story/Background
Zhorin grew up as a squire to a fair but just Lord Izkiel Raije, as his personal attendant. He was one of the children born of the sorceresses that Lord Raije had kept in his retinue, a certain Illyana Asular. He never saw his mother again. Lord Raije raised him as a son [little does he know, he IS Lord Raije's son], and has now handed him the control of a powerful Khainite army, to help Hag Graef combat the uprising of Slaanesh!

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=27262&start=0

Read more about him here! And also, feel free to inquire about using Zhorin if your character is in the Hag Graef area. And if you would like me to include your character in my battle reports, contact me, and I will do my best to oblige.

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!