Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Dispatch to (Brevet) Major Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Commander, 1st Southwestern March Provisional

Confirming sighting of Brettonian Barony force. Black Lotus 1st Division was successful in strike to enemy rear. Northern entry to Maibd Pass at Wrath Gate fortification is again secure. Your mission is now punitive. Kill as many Asur and Brettonian troops as possible. Then report to Wrath Gate command.

Let your blackest heart now guide you.

General Kala Kodai Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Captian Lord Thranduil,
Captain of Black Ark Litany of Death
Commander, 21st Army of Naggrond

Greetings,

I have spoken to an officer who once served under your command. He spoke highly of your cunning. Thus I am willing to provisionally accept the 21st Army into the Black Lotus. Much will depend on proving your former Lieutenant correct.

Your first orders are to send what troops you can spare southward to Wrath Gate at full sail or full gallop. We have secured the fortifications, but the Gate is not yet again sealed. Any battle that can be fought in the next several days will be crucial.

As for the rest of your troops, maintain the Northern Border as best as possible. Give full consideration to Druchii who are worshippers of Slaanesh and daemons of pleasure if properly bound. But guard the northern border against mortal chaos incursions and fanatic armies of both sects. Furthermore, lesser races seem to be pouring in to take advantage of the mayhem in our lands. Engage and destroy any other species that can pick up a sword.

Reports to me can be sent through the Black Lotus 14th in Naggarond or the 3rd garrisoned in Velari Keep near the Glacier.

Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

General Kala;

I am confirming that i have received your orders and they have been carried out.

at last i have been able to flex my magical might the asur took the bait of me trying to seal the gates once more the Asur came forward to far and were taken by surpirse when Duke Tualarc and his forces charged them in the flank, unfortunatly i was unable to behead the Asur general myself as unfortunatly the doom bolt i cast on him reduced him to dust, curses. However not a single Asur remained after 2 hours of battle. i am now falling back to blade peak with Duke Tualarc keeping watch over the gates.

I shall see you soon General,

High Sorceress of Khaine, Lelith Vraneth
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Dispatch to Lelith Vraneth, High Sorceress of Khaine

Ruse successful. Black Lotus 1st also took enemy rear positions. Oustanding work.

Nothern entrance to Maibd Pass and new tunnel is now secure, however enemy is still in the area. Maintain vigilance. Reccommend that you leave a considerable force with Tularc.

Kala
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

Fifth Day.

Lord General Kala

Phase one has been completed and we have successfully engaged and baited the Asur into pursuing us.
The bait was a captured Asur sentry. After torturing him, we crucified him inverted. Then we waited for others to investigate his screams. It didn’t take long. As soon as we could see the approaching silver helms, I cut the sentries ears off and slit his throat. Waving the Asur’s ears over my head we left at a trot. This was sufficient to totally enrage the Asur into galloping after us.
This allowed us to bring them to our first trap the place where the remainder of my Dark Riders waited. It was a quick sharp fight. Keeping our distance, we used our repeater crossbows to good effect. We saw three of the silver helms fall from their steeds and not get up. Three of my Riders dashed in and fell upon the dead or soon to be dead Asur silver helms and cut off their right ears. This regiment of silver helms appears to have the tradition of wearing a small ruby earring in the right ear.
We then taunted them by waving the ears and they dutifully continued the pursuit. We did see one Asur returning to the base camp, so more will be following.
My Dark Riders and I have now started a collection of Asur ears. The ones with the pretty earrings will be most nice.
We now have a full battalion of Asur chasing us.

(Brevet) Major Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Commanding 1st Southwestern March Provisional Battalion
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

20 October
General Kala
Sister,

I do not know if what I have done is wise or incredible stupid, but I must confess my desperation to do something about the chaos created by the Chaos worshipers to my north has become intolerable.

The northern border of the Southwestern March is the Berman Mountains. At the southern base of the mountains are the Copper Hills. These hills are perennially infested with greenskins. Since the destruction of the 7th Regiment of Dark Riders, I have been sorely pressed to find troops to contain the greenskins.
Then I heard that Asperor Kun of Marvok a worshipper of Slaanesh had been seen approaching Naggaroth from the Chaos Wastes. My blood boiled at the thought that this degenerate traitor to the Druchii would dare return! I have written to you before of this degenerate. What I did not disclose is what she cost my March and I in terms of Druchii blood. She came to me in the year prior to the Storm of Chaos with the request that she might raise troops for the coming war. I gave my permission and even gave her troops from my own household, including my son Nintyrr. While he was not in the line of succession, I had certain affection for the lad on account of his mother. He was bright and egger to learn the ways of war. I also sent Karelon, whom you know. Both were given the rank of lieutenant and command of troops from my own household. Nintyrr led a company of Druchii Warriors and Karelon a squadron of Dark Riders. This was their first deployment outside of the March.
Asperor Kun was more successful then I expected. She raised 1,500 warriors from each of the five Black cities of the Spider Plain and 10,000 in all. With these as the core of her army she set off for the Empire.
Karelon brought back less then 500 from that war. Nintyrr did not return at all. Most of the survivors are so devastated by the traumas of that war that all they are good for is fighting goblins now. They are Druchii and will be fine in time. Asperor Kun single handedly devastated my ability to control the Southwestern March! And now she dares to return to Naggaroth!
As I said earlier, I felt I had to do something to repay her for her services to the Druchii. It was then that I was in the mist of concluding a truce with an orc warboss, Ragrod Gorit. I know, a Druchii conducting truce talks!, but such is the state of affairs here that I must deal as I can until my armies have been rebuilt. During these last talks I let it slip that chaos warleaders were now coming to the northern waste with all the loot and plunder they had obtained during the Storm of Chaos. The Orc had heard of the war and while it was not won, he knew the chaos leaders had plundered much of the Middenheim province. I could see the greed light up his little pig eyes.
Even before he had departed the talk site, I heard he was calling for a great Waaagh! to head north. I doubt I shall have much trouble with the greenskins in the Copper Hills for the next season or two. Still time alone will tell if I have done the Druchii people a service or not.

Glory to the Druchii!
Your comrade-in-arms,
Lord Saur Lengoth of Melphular
Warder Lord of the Southwestern March
Loyalty to the Druchii and the Rightful King Malaketh
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

Ninth Day – 20 October

Lord General Kala

I have just received your change in orders. We must continue with the current plan. The pursuing force is all elvin steeds. We have no choice but to lead them into the ambush. After that we can run them down and send their souls to whatever place awaits them. After that we can link up with the other Melphular battalion and force them to battle as we choose. Maybe the Beastmasters and heavy support forces Lord Saur promised will have arrived by then.

Death to the Asur and their allies! Glory to the Druchii!

Tenth Day – 21 October [Final Day of Operation]

Lord General Kala

The ambush was near perfect. We were so successful at enraging the Asur that we were able to draw their entire battalion into the ambush zone. For once the Cold One Knights were entitled to be called knights. They successfully maneuvered their cold ones into a rear charge of the Asur silver helms. The panic was wondrous to behold. Squadron after squadron fell to the panic. We actually ran out of crossbow bolts by the end of the engagement, but were able to recover most of them from the bodies of the Asur. We collected many Asur ears, many with either ruby or sapphire earrings. We seem to have ended a rivalry between two silver helm regiments both regiments were destroyed. We later identified them as the Halliel and Virilar silver helm regiments.
I have identified the Asur commanders and their troops. Commander Erlinn and his Eluliel Raider Warband and Commander Hoethar and his Milathor Warband.
We have confirmed the death of the Commander Hoethar, I have his right ear hanging from the pomal of my saddle, such a nice Asur ear, long and slender. Commander Erlinn escaped with the remnants of his command. He appears to have been in overall command.
We will now pursue the Asur survivors and create more panic among them with attacks on their base camp. This will result in our engaging the Bretonnians from this point on.
Hopefully we will soon see the beastmasters and heavy support my father, Lord Saur, promised to send. When we engage the Bretonnian heavy cavalry we will need them. I recall all to well the effectiveness of those humans during the Storm of Chaos war.

Death to the Asur and their allies! Glory to the Druchii!

Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

21 October
General Kala

Sister,
There is a spell upon this scroll. Based on the traces of your person found on your past message scrolls, if anyone but you opens it, this scroll will burst into flames. You will understand the need for additional security when you have read the whole message.

My Shades watching the Cooper Hills have confirmed that the Orc Warboss Ragrod Gorit has left the Hills at the head of a Waaagh! Interrogation of snotlings (they are compulsive gossips and a reliable source of information on greenskins, when properly motivated) indicate Ragrod was successful in convincing over twenty tribes of both orcs and goblins to join him in seeking the wealth the chaos worshippers obtained from the Empire during the Storm of Chaos.
I wonder what the Temple of Khaine will think of their new allies?
Now to do something about the remaining greenskins in the hills.
Enough chitchat.

By now you will have received supplies I have sent to you via a Druchii merchant calling himself Urien. This is my loyal servant Hendath Droris, my chief of assassins and spymaster. He should still be in your camp. Ask for him to present himself for instructions on what supplies you require. Then ask him to show you his left wrist and he will show you a tattoo, the mark of the academy of assassins. Ask him how he came by it and he will say only: “That it has been there as long as I can remember.” He will then give you an invocation and a small silver lantern. Each night when you go to sleep, light the lantern (any good oil and wick will do) and say the invocation. For the next eight hours no one will be able to approach within ten feet of you with out you being immediately awoken, no matter how deeply you sleep. I value the lives of my allies.

Death to the Enemies of the Witch King! Glory to the Druchii!

Loyalty to the Druchii and the Rightful King Malekith
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

– Scroll with inconspicuous markings –

General Kala:

This is a report regarding the Archsorceress Xaniphera. I employed three spies for this mission, deeming any political/religious tampering to be of high importance within your ranks. I deployed them as follows: first to watch her from afar as one of the normal troops, the second to try and gain access to her following, and the third to keep an eye on the Annointed she brought with her.

Report #1: She does seem to follow the rules set down by you, ma’am. She does not solicit people regarding her religious faction. However, she seems to walk a tenuous line at best. She had a pavilion commissioned in order to “practice” in private. However, her orgiastic services are loud and attract attention from the surrounding areas. Coupled with the fact that she leaves the tent flaps open, I have gauged the reaction of the soldiers in the area, and they range from interest to distrust to annoyance. I have seen some of the more devote Khainites gathering in small groups and whispering amongst each other. They talk of holding a rally next time she holds a ritual, and some talk of stealing her slaves for sacrifice. Continuing to hold position until further orders.

Report #2: Expressing interest in her camp, I was enlisted as a guard for her tents. The debauchery she allows during her religious following seems to be more for show than anything. While in private, she conducts herself in a more reserved and calculating manner. Should you need details, I will provide them next report. She spend a lot of time training the Lotus sorceresses in summoning daemonettes. I am not privy to all of their words, as she has my ears sealed in wax during these times. However, the more powerful incantations revolve around a sacrifice ritual. I believe that either more control or a longer summoning is created through blood magic. She also sends away certain Convent sorceresses during the more powerful rituals. They are the same ones that do not participate in her Slaaneshi performances. I believe she is watching me carefully. I would recommend withdrawal as I believe I have been found.

Report #3: The Annointed is named Eurthurian. He apparently was in the Southlands expedition with Lady Xaniphera. Instead of guarding her during the day, he seems to be doing his own spying, though it has not been figured out as to what. This report was done by me, as the spy in charge of this portion has gone missing. No evidence of foul play, or should I say no evidence of the spy at all.

I will continue to conduct this mission as you see fit. Please advise.

~Virukel Admon, Special Scouts, 7th Division
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

21 Oct

From his reports, Melphular the Younger seems to be starting a collection of Asur ears as a signature mark of his exploits. They are also the perfect mark of his competence in command. His victories are well executed, but he must maintain a steady pressure on the enemy. I have the perfect plan in mind to motivate him.

Indeed I must see to it that we all stay focused and relentless. We’ve neither gained nor lost ground at the Gate over the last few days. I am wondering whether the troops are beginning to get too comfortable. I will increase the frequency of combat patrols.

Melphular the Elder sends word of more of those damned Greenskins that swarm like cockroaches in our hills. A full scale Waaagh! is heading northward. No good can come of this. The Temple of Khaine will be just as surprised as the Cult of Pleasure and just as overrun. I can already picture the tide of filth crawling around in Naggarond or Ghrond. I am enraged at the very thought of it.

Saur Lengoth Melphular has also taken to calling me “sister”. My brother did not even call me sister when he was still alive. It is bothersome, yet, he is extremely valued as an ally and source of intelligence. The lantern charm his Master of Assassins provided will quite likely save my life at least once before the campaign is over. But it grates at me. He may as well call me “Lady” as if I were a prissy little strumpet in the Royal Court that has never hefted a Drannach. I must handle this delicately. Or perhaps I will simply have to endure the irritation. It is a small complaint over which to jeopardize an alliance. I must ponder this before I act. In the meantime I will send assurances and news of his son.

As I anticipated. Xaniphera is pressing her boundaries. Pretentious lascivious displays are the worst of it. More a nuisance than a threat. The scout believes that there are rumblings amongst the 5th. I doubt it, but these things cannot be ignored. I will send the 5th on a wide patrol and try to funnel some Asur their way. It will keep up their spirits.

The knowledge that my loyal Sorceresses are gaining will be well worth the disruption. I received the first report from the harassment raid of the Slaaneshi 7th Division this afternoon. The battle was badly lost, but the intent was only to field test the daemons. The survivors reported that the Daemonettes on daemonic steeds were particularly useful in getting to the enemy’s rear. Having the daemons of Slaanesh chained like human war dogs on our front lines will mean more Druchii swords left alive to make it to the enemy.

My intelligence reports coming from the north get more grim as every day goes by. Both sects are organizing and mobilizing. But, more dangerously, they are polarizing. Both talk of the defense of the Wrath Gate as a distraction for the other. If this continues, the Wrath Gate may become a hopeless cause. If both cults siphon off troops or succeed in placing a stigma on its defense, then the Asur forces will simply be overwhelming. One would think this to be the pinnacle of fanatic religious madness, but so many other unthinkable pinnacles of madness have so far been surpassed.

I am beginning to consider contingency plans.

Kala
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Virukel Admon, 7th Division

Excellent work. Your outstanding infiltration has been noted. I have sent this messenger and seven other professionals that are all under orders to assist you in any way necessary. Continue coordinating surveillance from a secure position within the 7th.

Show this letter to Lt. Berelian of the 7th Cold One Cavalry and then burn it. He will know how to go about ensuring your covert status and is completely loyal to me.

Expect the 5th to move out within two days. I am sending them out to kill for their god and to relieve the tensions that Xaniphera is stirring up. Several days of bloodshed should sate them.

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Commander, 1st Southwestern March Provisional Battalion

Lord Melphular,
Your correspondence and reports are being met well within Wrath Gate command. I have made formal arrangements for your rank to be fully upgraded to Major proper, provided that you can return to us with 500 Asur ears. Your men may keep both the ruby earrings and the ears once counted.

But do not relent. The Wrath gate is far from secure.

P.S. – The inverted crucifixion was a particularly nice touch.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Lord Saur Lengoth of Melphular

I have made contact with you Master of Assassins and am grateful for the gift of the guardian talisman. I have no doubt that it will be invaluable.

I must also inform you of the fine work that your son is doing. I have made an entertaining arrangement for his rank advancement that will hinge entirely upon his victories in the field.

Your intelligence reports regarding the Greenskin advance are being processed through high command in Naggarond. I would reccommend doing a thorough purge of the goblin tunnels during the Waaagh! We don't want one wave of Greenskins washing over us as another is being bred in the bowels of the Copper Hills.

I will send news and intelligence pertaining to your theater of combat as it comes to me.

May your blade stay wet,
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

22 Oct

The 23rd Division has reported another encounter with the same Asur commander that we stole the supply carts from at Mogul Keep. The battle wasn’t as successful as Mogul Keep and there weren’t any supplies to capture. Nonetheless, more Asur blood was left on the field than Druchii.

The Asur must be given credit for knowing what units to use in the mountains. Eagles and Eagle riders are becoming a far too common sight in the Blackspines. Harpies simply cannot bring them down. In their fight, the 23rd suffered the most casualties to Featherbacks.

I must send to Thufir Dohr for Manticores. But the plains around Karond Kar are a maelstrom of clashing cults and slave revolts. I have no doubt that we will have to break through another ambush to get the great winged beasts out of the Beastmaster’s pens. This civil war is a tiresome waste. I have no patience for any faction that would attack troops that are deploying to defend the borders.

I also need to locate Havoc and bring him back to heel. If we lose control of the sky above the Blackspines we will have worse problems yet.

K
Last edited by General kala on Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thranduil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thranduil »

General Kala Kodai of the House Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade:

I have just recieved your message now, the whole cival war has slowed messaging alot. I am sending this via dark pegasus so it wont take as long to give you my reply. The 21st has just sucessfully defended the watch towers aginst a relitivly large chaos incursion. We are going back to the Litany Of Death to repair, rearm, and head to the wraith gate. We should arrive in a manner of weeks.

The 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Company are staying in the north to defend the watch towers. This will leave the rest of the 21st to assult the asur at the wraith gate.

Lord Captian Thranduil
Captian of the Black Ark Litany of Death
Commander of the 21st Army of Naggrond, Balck Lotus Brigade
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

24 October (Karelon)

Lord General Kala

We have engaged the Bretonnians.
I was leading the 2nd Battalion on a probe of the Asur base camp in the Maibd Pass when we encountered a Bretonnian battalion. They stopped and began deploying for battle, so we accepted.
They were too far away to engage immediately. But as we approached we saw them knee first and then complete deployment. I could feel a chill in the air that had not been there before. I recognized it as the effect of their praying for the blessing of their Lady of the Lake. It was to have an unpleasant effect on the coming battle.
I was able to get my Dark Riders into their batteline’s flank, but their Errantry knights hit us very hard. Their arrow formation is difficult to fight against. I lost many good warriors to them this time. On the other hand their peasant soldiers die easily.
We won but by the barest of margins.
Will human ears count towards our total? We now have 135 ears, 95 Asur and 40 human.

Death to the Asur! Glory to the Druchii!

Commanding the Southwestern March 2nd Provisional Battalion
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

25 October (Saur)
General Kala of the Black Lotus

Greetings and Salutations

It was comparatively easy to get an agreement in principle from the March Great Council on the need to send an expedition to pacify the Copper Hills while Ragrod Gorit is off with his Great Waaagh! to the north.

It was a different matter to get an agreement in detail and the commitments to provide funding and troops to put it into action. That paled in comparison to the agreement as to who should lead the expedition.

After the judicious use of threats and compromises it was finally done. The Black Cities would each provide two battalions of city guard and a squadron each of terradon riders for aerial reconnaissance. The last was a most welcome departure from the norm where the cities refused to permit their precious terradon rider squadrons from being outside their cites’ traditional territories.

I will contribute one battalion and the remainder of the noble houses of the March will provide three battalions of militia warriors and support troops. Lord Surdron Corsis of Lian will have over all command and direct command of the four non-city guard battalions. This last cost me considerably in economic compromises. Of course none of the Black Cities would have agreed at all to a general from any of the other Black Cities, it was simply there resistance to taking orders from a male general. Lady Ean Shernig of Ruelzus Tower will accompany him as lead sorceress and my personal representative on the expedition. The Councilors from the Black Cities would probably have preferred Lady Ean as general-in-command, but I would never have been able to get the Druchii Councilors to agree. On the other hand they could have had no argument with her as lead sorceress.

In agreement with the compromises, each of the Black Cities will be sending mining engineer parties with their troops. The contributing nobles will send a combined engineer party as well. I will be sending my own mining engineers to oversee the mining claims and to see what opportunities exist for the House of Melphular. The Copper Hills were not named just for the color of the hills.

The battalions are to meet at a base camp established by Lord Surdron to the south of the Copper Hills in two days. As is the nature of the Black Cities, road-building crews have already started building all-weather roads from the cities to the Hills. By the time the campaign is over the roads will be finished and toll stations and guard outpost built to protect and supervise them. I have also started building a road from the Citadel to the Copper Hills. I cannot permit the Black Cities to establish a monopoly on the trade with the Copper Hills once pacification has been established. Even if the Black Cities are at each other’s throats more often then not, they do combine into a faction that resembles their old confederacy whenever “outsiders” threaten their positions. Oh well, this has been the way of March politics since the beginning. Fortunately I have enough personal status with the Lady Nobles of the Black Cities to be able to negotiate with them as an equal.

I have finalized outfitting two additional battalions for your use in defense of the Wrath Gate. The 23rd Raider Battalion is a good outfit and is recently out of the Plain of Dogs and fighting with beastmen tribes. The 4th Heavy Assault Battalion is a good force but with less experience. They have just returned from the Tyrant Peaks where they endured much abuse at the hands of Minotaurs. The 4th will have many new recruits. Still they should provide welcome support against Bretonnian heavy cavalry.

The 8th Heavy Support Battalion under the command of Beastmaster Koglarthor Voldurl should have arrived by now. This should give the Expeditionary forces I have sent the support they will need to deal with the Bretonnians. The Bretonnians seldom face war hydras; this should be an unwelcome experience for them. Beastmaster Koglarthor took his best two assistances with him for the task.

My Shades following the greenskins north have reported that advance tribes of the greenskins have already fought one battle with Cult forces and won. I will ensure that they have a very warm reception when they attempt to return to the Copper Hills.

Death to the Enemies of the Witch King! Glory to the Druchii!

Loyalty to the Druchii and the Rightful King Malekith
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

26 October
Lord General Kala

Death is light as a death.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain.

Yesterday using the 2nd Provisional Battalion and the recently arrived 8th Melphular Heavy Support Battalion, we rode to the Asur Base Camp and sought an engagement.

We pushed passed the Asur sentries, slaughtering them ruthlessly, when a combined Asur and Bretonnian force of equal size met us. The battle was fierce. We took too many casualties for so short an engagement. I confess we should have spent a day or two training with the 8th. We lost the engagement. We did withdraw from the field of battle in good order, but still the taste of defeat is bitter. The war hydra Ilirelorn Orryyr was badly injured. Koglarthor Voldurl says it will take many days before the hydra is well enough to fight again.

We did take 70 ears, so our total is now 205. But we will require replacements to bring us back up to strength. My warriors are still proud of the deaths they brought to the Asur and their Bretonnian allies, but we shall morn the warriors that died that day.

Death to the Asur! Glory to the Druchii

Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

Death is light as a feather.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain.
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

General Kala,

I send to you the first two graduates in the Arts of Slaaneshi magic. They are by far the most gifted that I have trained from the possible recruits you sent me. They go by the names of Lascivia and Avirit. They are the only two that have learned to summon mounts for the Daemonettes as of yet. The others seem to take a more reserved approach to the training. Some seem to openly spurn it. The Dark Prince does not let his minions go to people who flaunt symbols of Khaine during the summoning rituals. While I will continue to try and train them as you see fit, perhaps you should let me have a little more control over how my suggestions are taken.

Be sure to guard these sorceresses well. It seems that the Asur have infiltrated your ranks here. My bodyguard himself caught two of them spying on my operations. When questioned, they concocted a lie that they were working for you. However, as I am a devout Cultist and have given you my fealty, I knew them to be liars. As punishment I exposed them to the Flux Energies of Chaos. They make wonderful perimeter guards now as Chaos Beasts.

With your permission, I will be choosing a few of the more devoted soldiers to replace some of the guards you have assigned me. I have worked up a raport with a few of them, and would like them reassigned officially to my contingent. Attached are the list of names. I look forward to hearing from you.

Lady Xaniphera
Priestess of the Cult of Pleasure
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

27 October
Lord General Kala

In order to keep up the pressure on the Asur Maibd Pass base camp while the battalions are being re-supplied, I have taken my old warband, the 1st Melphular Expeditionary and begun raids against the their supply lines.

In our first raid we hit a supply caravan being guarded by what we now know to be the Milathor 2nd Warband, commanded by Asur Commander Althroth. His force consisted of silver helms and ellyrian reavers. By using my Dark Riders I was able to pull most of them away from the caravan. While my repeater crossbows ambushed guards, one company of Warriors attacked the caravan and successfully destroyed many of the wagons. Even a minor victory at this time has lifted the spirits of my warriors. We collected fifty Asur ears this time, although mostly from the wagon teamsters.

Death to the Asur! Glory to the Druchii

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

dispatch to General Kala Dated 24 day of the Civil War.

General Kala,

As i write you this dispatch my Army has assembled Outside of Ghrond, and before me lies my brothers host of Slannesh. i have travel long and hard to get to this stage i have been wounded by an assassin, broken through a chaos horde with my old Friend Lord Moniath, retaken a watch tower. and then rushed south in an attempt to try and beat my brother to Ghrond and now he Stands before me. A Storm is Gathering in the Skies above it seems that the Gods thenselves are gathering in the skies above to observe the battle. So it has come to this, Me Verses my Brother who ever wins takes the Glory.

Should i not Survive General Kala I would Like to Thank you for the assisstance you have given me in attempting to find my brother, I thank you for that. If i Fail to Live the upcoming battle please watch my sister Powerful though she is.

Should i die i Shall see you on the Other side General.

Khael Vraneth, Lord Executioner.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

28 Oct

Grand Marshall Evex has just abandoned the Wrath Gate and has taken all of his troops with him.

I awoke at dawn to hear “For the Glory of Khaine” being chanted in the Gate valley. I looked down from the tower window to see Evex’s Eviscerators marching in parade formation into the Underway. Their destination was Ghrond and the northern Watchtowers. Evex himself spurred his Cold One up and down the column shouting his devotionals to Khaine. Religious madness burned in his eyes. He was going to abandon the Wrath Gate to the Asur to go and kill Druchii.

That is now 1500 fewer defenders. Added to the loss of several sub-commanders pledging absolute servitude to the Cult of Pleasure, we are down by almost 2500. It seems I will be the only one left defending the gate soon. Both the Cult and the Temple are calling for their slave-minded officers to abandon the Gate and fight in the streets of the great cities.

To add to the misery, that damned Hellebron just promoted Khael Vraneth to Lord General of Khaine. No doubt she did it to keep him on her leash. She has stirred up the hornet’s nest and now needs his Draich to keep her alive. He will not be coming to aid us. He is instead sending me the sons of one Lord Moniath as punishment for some failure or other. I am gaining responsibility for all of the garbage troops of the entire Druchii race. I sent him a rather terse letter, as I was annoyed beyond reason by the whole situation. I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt me.

Fortunately, my beloved Black Lotus remains solid. Attrition to the civil war amongst them is negligible. Their loyalty and sound judgment is a comfort. But they are beginning to grow concerned, as am I. The gate wards are not complete and the Asur grow more numerous as we dwindle. Further, my shades inform me that their Shadow Gate is under full construction.

I curse Morathi and Hellebron. I hate them both with a passion that rivals my rage at the Asur. Their foolishness is costing us more than just blood. Naggaroth will be raided by the Asur at leisure and their only concern is gaining the upper hand. With all their oracles and divination they cannot seem to see what is plainly before them. I also curse Malekith. What is he thinking? The Imperial hand has not lifted itself even to offer the most basic of resistance against the enemy that he supposedly despises the most.

My mind is finding no sense or reason in this whole foolish war. I have been waging war for centuries and I have yet to fathom this one. If this continues, we Druchii will have no home left. We will be living as flotsam on Black Arks or as vermin beneath the heels of the Asur or as a mere subsect of mortal Chaos. We are collapsing over petty greed, religious madness, and lust for power.

What is supposed to make us stronger is going to weaken us to the breaking point. I am infuriated at the idea that the Great Druchii, the rightful rulers of Ulthuan, the true masters of the world, may well fade away as a wisp of smoke.

I am moving the 1st Division back to Blade Peak to oversee the fortifications around the Scorpion Crawl. Something will undoubtedly get forgotten if I am not there to personally suggest various means of assaulting the ramparts.

K

28 Oct Postscript

Daemons! I have now have daemons! Lascivia has just brought me forth the first Chaos Fury, magically bound in MY NAME and frothing for Asur blood. This elevates my mood a bit.

The immortal daemons will march as my vanguard and soak up the brunt of the Asur assault. Furies by the hundreds will scour MY skies of the Eagles and Griffins that the cousins spit forth. Those that are destroyed in battle will merely be called up again.

Daemons of Pleasure and their mounts are being called up right now. Human slaves are going to be warped into Spawn. I cannot wait to hurl them at the enemy.

K
Last edited by General kala on Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Lord Saur Lengoth of Melphular,
Warder of the Southwestern March

Greetings and Salutations,

I am eternally grateful for the additional forces that you are sending to fight with my troops and your son at the Gate. Many have been deserting to fight for either the Cult or the Temple. Only my Black Lotus Brigade stand firmly by my side. Being formed from troops that weren't "loyal" enough to one sect or the other, they are strictly secular and not given to religious fanaticism.

I feel compelled to repay your valor and leadership in this time of crisis. Troops I cannot spare you, but House Velari is fat from thousands of years of the spoils of war. I am sending you three crates of gold and precious stones. This should aid the Black Cities in mustering and recruiting troops, as well as rewarding those who are willing to spill blood for the Druchii.

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Lord Captain Thranduil
Commanding Black Ark Litany of Death

Captain,

I am writing to inquire as to the combat dispositon of your troops. Specifically, I need to know approximately when you will actually be able to engage the Asur. Our troop strength is being slowly siphoned off by the escalation of conflict between the cults and promised reinforcements are not going to come. I am needing you to fight the Asur at the gate as soon as possible or you may find yourself fighting them in the Underway.

Last edited by General kala on Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.