Kala's Civil War Journal

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

– Scroll with inconspicuous markings –

General Kala:

As will be explained in this missive, I have replaced Commandant Admon as temporary leader of the special scouts until a new officer is assigned to us.

Last night, a large entourage of officers from the 5th Division arrived to discuss upcoming battle plans with the 7th Division Commander. As you know, the overall religious bend in the 5th is towards Khaine. I thought there would be trouble with the obvious slander being voiced during their arrival. However, they conducted themselves with the self discipline so easily found in the Black Lotus Regiments. I could tell some of them were a bit offended by the tacit belligerence emanating the soldiers of the 7th, but they took it in stride and approached the Commander with cohesive battle plans for further campaigning. Virukal Admon expressed excitement to me, though he did not indulge any specifics of the plans he went over with the officers from the 2 regiments.

This morning, I heard a large trumpet blare from within the camp. As with most others, I approached the area with weapons ready for battle and a wary look about me. The sight that confronted me took me by surprise. Several Druchii were lined up in a row, on their knees and with their hands tied behind their backs. Gags were pressed into their mouths as well. Our Division commander stood in front of them, flanked by the High Sorceress you sent to us, Xaniphera. As I watched, she whispered something into the Commander’s ear.

The Commander then made a speech about being alert for Asur spies and sympathizers. He commended Xaniphera and her camp for ferreting the traitors now tied up in front of them. During the time it took him to make his speech, I was able to identify with some certainty some of the captives.

After the Division Commander finished, he motioned to the High Sorceress. She then performed a hideous spell, unleashing magiks upon the captives. Not all of the captives survived the changes, and I believe those the lucky ones. Daemonettes burst forth from their dead bodies, while those that lived melded into Chaos Beasts.

Of those I identified, three of them belonged to the special scouts, along with Virukel Admon. Others were some of the more vocal resistance to Cultist beliefs within the Division. The rest of the captives comprised of the entire company of 5th Division Officers that had arrived the previous night. I also believe that perhaps the Division Commander is being poisoned by the words of the beauteous Lady of the Cult. He did not know of my post within the Special Scouts, else I believe my own fate would have matched that of my brothers in arms. He held the battle plans tight to him as he watched the condemned meet their fates.

Please advise as soon as possible. Special Scouts forces within the Division are depleted at this time.

~Aris Del’Amanus, Special Scouts, 7th Division
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

General Kala,

I send you esteemed rienforcements from Ruined Falls, an outrider village near the Chaos Boundary. I have arrived with hundreds of troops for Druchii use, and along with a couple of hundred slaves as well. I have heard your exploits in this war, and have personally come to meet you face to face. My forces set camp at Dictator Pass tonight, and I will ride out to Wrath Gate to meet you myself. I hope that you can make my meeting,

Brigadier Antelioch Makshoui, Ruined Falls 1st Brigade "Fallen Waves"
Last edited by Sexy druchii on Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

10 November (Karelon)
Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate

Lord General Kala

Colonel Lady Helynirthel Zeeljruit has arrived with the 3rd Jhunlelessra, 2nd Ghilyra and the 8th Morshina City Guard Battalions. We have reached an accommodation regarding division of duties. As the Asur have abandoned their Maibd Pass base, it is the best use of the available Druchii forces to pursue them and run them to ground. To that end, Colonel Helynirthel will retain direct command of the City Guard battalions while I retain command of the other territorial and House battalions. The combined forces available to use in pursuit the Asur amount to seven and one-half battalions.

Col. Helynirthel will lead the City Guard battalions on the left flank of the pursuit force. The 15th Lekain and 23rd Morathor Raider Battalions will cover the right flank. On my own authority I am giving command to Captain Calzus Morith of the 15th Lekain and the brevet promotion of major. If he proves himself, I will propose that he be given the rank permanently. I will command the center with a half-battalion of the most battle–worthy troops from 7th Lekain Raider, 2nd Melphular Frontier and the 8th Melphular Heavy Support Battalions. Those were the battalions in last week’s battle. Also with me in the center will be the 34th Lerorthor Frontier and the 4th Lerorthor Assault Battalions.

Dark Riders and Shades report that the Asur Prince Prince Lothanryll is in personal command of the retreat. He has with him only three and a half battle-worthy Asur battalions, the Kelaril Battalion and the Bronze and Silver Battalions of Prince Nilar’s Brigade. Prince Lothanryll’s own battalions are either no longer battle–worthy or have not arrived. Prince Nilar has also not arrived. He will also have with him two Bretonnian regiments, the Belbert and the newly arrived Aric-Rin Errantry Regiments. He also has a half-battalion bodyguard unit. In all his force is equal to ours in battle-worthy troops. But he is also nurse-maiding his sick and wounded and the Druchii captives he has taken in the past couple of weeks. This will reduce the speed at which he can travel. We will catch up with him and force him to accept battle with us.

I just wish I had the additional forces to get behind him and block his escape route. Is it possible for you to send troops to block his escape from the Pass?

We have just passed through the abandoned Asur base. We now know that not all of the Druchii captives are being taken with them. We counted over a thousand Druchii warriors piled in a mound with their throats cut. They all appeared to have been in very poor health from battle injuries before they were killed. I must agree that such captives would not have made the trip back to Arnhelm alive, so this was strategically wise of them. I still took the opportunity to speak to my troops and fuel their general outrage at the Asur. I then had (Brevet) Major Calzus Morith perform the last rites ceremony and we consigned the bodies of our fallen comrades to the flames. We then gave the whole of the abandoned base to the flames as well. How many Druchii ever have an entire Asur base as a funeral pyre? The perfume of burning bodies is so energizing when one is about to pursue an enemy.

Death to the Asur! Glory to the Witch King!

Colonel Karelon Lengoth of Melphular and
Colonel Lady Helynirthel Zeeljruit
Abandoned Asur Base,
Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

10 Nov.

Damned blood, rage, fire and fury! Can I not enjoy a victory for a few days without another misery being heaped upon me? I just read the new scouting report from the Southern Reaches. That poisonous little tramp has killed off my officers from the 5th. I have given her too much leniency. Now she will pay the price.

K
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Special Dispatch to all troops at the Wrath Gate

I am leaving to personally handle a situation in the south. While I am away, command posts are as follows:

Lord Karelon Lengoth of Melphular will command all forces in the mouth of the Maibd Pass and will be responsible for maintaining security of the new tunnel.

Duke Tularc will command the holding forces of the Wrath Gate fortifications, including surveillance of the valley approach. Lady Lelith Vraneth will be assigned to directing the continued integrity of the new Gate Wards.

Newly arrived Lord Antelioch Makshoui will command the Dictator Pass approach. I expect full cooperation and support for our new ally. Any reasonable requests for logistical support, supplies or reinforcements should not be denied. His control of the pass shall be test enough of his worth.

Lord Deimozael of House Kith, my second, will command the Black Lotus 1st Division. This Division is assigned to maintenance actions and combat patrols within the Wrath Gate and Shadow Gate theatres.

Lord Phobozael of House Kith will command the Black Lotus 23rd. This Division will be assigned to assist in cutting off the retreat of Prince Lothanryll. Funnel the Asur troops into the tender embrace of the forces of Karelon Lengoth Melphular. Coordinate all attacks with Lord Colonel Melphular.

While I am away, you may attack the Asur at their new Shadow Gate as you see fit. Communicate and synchronize your actions with the other commanders. But maintaining control of the Wrath Gate is the imperative. If I return to find Asur encamped again on Naggarothi soil, the appropriate commanders will warrant my special attention. You may consult the children of the late Lord Urz in their slave pens if you need further clarification on my special attention.

May your blade stay wet,
General Kala Kodai of House Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade.
Last edited by General kala on Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

10 November
Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate

Lord Phobozael of House Kith
Commander of the Black Lotus 23rd Division

Hail!

In accord with Lord General Kala’s instruction make haste to block the Maibd Pass! My Dark Riders inform me that we are gaining on the Asur Prince and his forces. The Asur’s love for his own wounded is slowing him down. We shall catch him by tomorrow at the earliest, by Saturday at the latest. If the Pass is blockaded, we will be able to destroy them totally! Even if we should fail in our battle, there will be too few of them to do more then simply die on your spear tips when they reach you.

Colonel Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Brigadier Antelioch Makshoui
Ruined Falls 1st Brigade, Dictator Pass, Wrath Gate

Greetings and Well Met,

I regret that I cannot greet you in person. I am dictating this letter to my second, as I am even now saddling my mount to attend to urgent business in the south. I may be away for some time depending upon the circumstance, but I have made arrangements for any correspondence sent through the Wrath Gate to be forwarded to me.

I have been concerned with the approach to the Gate fortifications from Dictator Pass. As you have fortuitously struck camp there, I will entrust command of the pass to you. This will mean ensuring that the pass is thoroughly secured. You may also launch assaults on the enemy at their Shadow Gate, however these attacks should be coordinated with the other commanders in the Wrath Gate/Shadow Gate combat theatre. I am enclosing a copy of my parting orders for command in my absence.

Please address any needs you may have for provisions, supplies, or reinforcements to Lord Deimozael of House Kith, my second. He is being given command of the Black Lotus 1st division in my absence. He will provide support and combat patrols in the area.

I will be honored to meet you in person upon my return. Please ensure that on that occasion you have a new victory against the Asur of which to speak.

May your blade stay ever wet,
General Kala Kodai of House Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Colonel Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate

Greetings Colonel

General Kala bids me present my credentials to you and assist in your rout of the Asur. The Black Lotus 23rd is coming at full gallop down Maleficent Canyon. Our troops should wrap around the point of Tair Og before the day is out. We should be able to synchronize our engagement, as we will arrive at approximately the same time. You will be amazed at the speed of our approach.

But on that note, be forewarned. Our numbers have been reinforced by Daemons. The General has ordered that they be placed in the front ranks to absorb the bulk of the Asur counterattacks. Many are wary of her use of Daemons during this time of conflict. Rest assured that they are properly bound to Sorceresses that owe their first and truest loyalty to the Druchii and the Black Lotus.

The General also bids me send her congratulations and a promise that your full rank will be formalized upon her return.

Death to the Asur!
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

To Lord Diemozel of House Kith,
My forces have just been rooted by a surprise Asur attack. The Asur sent a mounted Dragonlord during the night hours, and incinerated 1/3rd of my camp. Now I am faced with an Asur attack from 2 flanks. This is an urgent need for rienforcements. I need at the most 200 foot troops, as to draw back the Asur. My troops hold for now, but know, we will not pursue them to our deaths at Shadow Gate if we do not recieve some sort of reinforcement. I am deeply sorrowd for this worrying start to my career here, but this needs to be said. For Khaine and his mercilees creed,

Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

*Magically Transported Message*

To: Lord General Kala Kodai
Sender Power: Dark
Ethereal Location: Kos'tak'men'du'yal'mei'do'tarr'chen'dai'tru'kül, Southern Naggaroth
Sender: Kedrek Maiakai

Greetings Lord Kala!
I have been welcomed by your second, and will soon route the Asur threat that has started assaulting my camp. I wish you well in your mission in the south, may Khaine's creed bless you,

Last edited by Sexy druchii on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

11 November

The Black Lotus 23rd

Hail!

My Dark Riders have reported that Asur scouts have returned from scouting the end of the Maibd Pass. The Asur Prince has brought his entire force to a halt. They know of your approach to the pass and that I am gaining on them. I believe that the Asur know they are trapped and will seek battle with me first as my forces are known to them and yours are not. Your daemons will come as a most nasty surprise.

Battle is imminent! Within the hour we will face the Asur-Bretonnian alliance. When the battle is over, prepare to finish off the Asur-Bretonnian survivors. We seek no quarter and we give none. In victory or defeat, you will have only a broken foe to face. Destroy them!

I shall advance to meet you as speedily as I can. We shall celibate the annihilation of this army together. I have some Caledorian wine I took from the Asur camp to toast you with. It is a bit sweeter then I care for, but it will be most fitting. It comes from Prince Lothanryll home vinyard.

Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

12 November (Karelon)

Lord General Kala
Lord of the Wrath Gate

Hail worthy to Lead Druchii!

Yesterday we brought the Asur-Bretonnian army to battle.

As I reported to Lord Lord Phobozael, the Asur recognized that the Black Lotus brigade would close the Pass before they could get through. It appears that Prince Lothanryll then dividing his force into a greater and a lesser force. The lesser force was sent into the forests to strike my battle line from the flank. With the remaining forces he turned and formed a battle line against me.

The battle started with Prince Lothanryll issuing a challenge to me. That fight was a minor victory as Prince lothanryll took one wound. This had no significance on the outcome of the battle. This was followed by a second challenge from Colonel Lady Helynirthel Zeeljruit to Colonel Etienne Aric-Rin of the Aric-rin Errantry Regiment whose regiment was facing her. The fight was a draw with both colonels taking one wound.

The real battle then commenced with Colonel Helynirthel launching an attack on the Asur-Bretonnian right with her City Guard battalions. The result was a massacre as the three City Guard battalions overran the Bretonnian Aric-Rin Errantry Regiment facing them. Colonel Helynirthel outnumbered her opponent 3:2 and she took full advantage of that fact to destroy first the Errantry knights and then their peasant men-at-arms.

Leading the center with two battalions and a half-battalion made up of the best battle-worth troops from the battle four days ago. I faced the Asur Prince, his bodyguard and two Asur battalions. In the center we then had a 5:3 advantage in forces. This resulted in solid victory against the Asur-Bretonnian forces as we savaged and torn them apart. While not as total as the defeat of the Asur-Bretonnian right, it was most satisfying.

The battle then continued on my right flank. The second Bretonnian regiment faced my two Raider battalions with equality in numbers. That battle was a draw until the Asur flanking force arrives and hit and shattered the Raiders. Only the remaining strength of the Druchii center and in particular the timely arrival of the City Guard battalions from the left flank kept the Asur flanking force from destroying the army. The end result was a draw, with a slight tactical advantage going to us.

We confirmed 1,170 dead Asur and Bretonnians and 2,340 captives for the slave markets (if they all survice). We suffered 1,060 known dead and 2,120 MIA’s. I must also report that Captain Calzus Morith of the 15th Lekain Raider Battalion and Captain Syrilerorga Kaingoth 23rd Morathor Raider Battalion were killed in the battle. Their courage and example were an inspiration to all. While both of their battalions were destroyed in the battle, the time they bought with their lives enabled Colonel Helynirthel to bring her battalions from the left flank to the right flank in time to stop the Asur flank attack. I recommend to you both for the Medal of Malikith’s Honor (posthumous). I am also recommending to my Father that Colonel Helynirthel be awarded the Territorial Medal for Valor for her effort in bring her battalions from their battle on the left flank to the right flank in time and condition to stop the Asur.

Of greater importance then the battle itself was the strategic outcome. Prince Lothanryll died in the battle, as did one of the two Bretonnian colonels. That left a Bretonnian colonel in command of what amounted to two Asur battalions and one Bretonnian regiment and the scattered, demoralized and badly injured remnants of the other regiment and battalion. This broken and disorganized force still had to face Lord Phobozael of House Kith and the Black Lotus 23rd. I am confident that Lord Phobozae’s daemons will feed well on their souls.

With the destruction of the Asur-Bretonnian army under Prince Lothanryll, the Maibd Pass is secure. I will now begin the work of insuring its future security by building a watchtower and fort here at the site of my last battle. I have been in correspondence with my Father, Lord Saur, and with his assistance and your concurrence, I will begin recruiting and training frontier battalions to permanently hold the Pass.

In the mean time my battalions will need rest and refitting before they can be used to attack the Asur 6th Gate of Arnhelm. I will alert you as soon as we can begin offensive operations again.

Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

To: Lord Diemozel of House Kith,

I bring you good news. Rienforcements have arrived from Ruined Falls in the term of a DragonLord, 160 Executioners, 40 Cold One Knights, 320 Soldiers, a Hydra, and 100 Crossbowmen. I am pleased to say that lord Malus Darkblade has joined me in the slaughter here, but I am afraid of what he might do to the troops. I have crushed a large Asur army, and my Khights have pursued and run them down. 1000 Asur heads don the Dictator Pass now.

By Khaine's Merciless Creed,

Lord General Antelioch Maksoui
General of Dictator Pass
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Lord General Antelioch Maksoui
Ruined Falls Brigade, Dictator Pass

Your news reaches me within an hour of our planned engagement with the Asur in Dictator Pass. What was originally planned as an effort to relieve your troops I am now going to redirect into a mop-up operation. We will ensure that any Asur that survived your attack will not see the flatlands again.

It is good to hear that your troops have been reinforced, and Lord Darkblade at that! It is a shame that General Kala is away. She has an odd admiration for him.

The Black Lotus 1st should finish our sweep within a day. You may expect us to make the return march through your camps. We will send Shades to warn you of our approach. Please station your Beastmaster on the ready in the Hydra pen when they arrive. We are also traveling with a Hydra, and you know how aggressively they handle each other.

I look forward to meeting you in person and viewing the thousand heads.

Death to all who oppose us!
Lord Deimozael of House Kith
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

12 Nov

I am feeling at odds with myself after the events of last night. I cannot for the life of me understand why I did not simply kill Xaniphera. I landed here eager to destroy her utterly and feed her scraps to the harpies. Using her Annointed to attempt to murder me should have sealed her fate. But I just threw her out of the camp as if she were an annoying child and not a mortal threat.

I know it was not mercy. I would take my own life before stooping to such weakness. Further, I have delivered painful deaths to those who I have had far more respect.

It could not be that she has cast a spell on me. Another Sorceress would have noticed the telltale signs. I have many who are loyal enough to me that would inform me of such enchantments. Magic is not easy to hide from the well-trained eye.

I despised her attempts to seduce me. No beauty, male or female, is beguiling enough to distract me from a blood vendetta. And her attempts to turn my emotions against me were laughable. I am a Warlord. I am not lonely.

Nevertheless, the 5th and the 7th are getting along again. Several men and women from both Divisions have slipped away in the night, including a few officers and Sorceresses. This was to be expected. Their numbers are but a few. The renewed unity between the Divisions and boosted morale will more than make up for their losses.

I have also received word that both Lord Melphular and Lord Maksoui have been successful in further purging the Asur. The Brothers Kith will mop up after them. If this continues, we will be able to make full assault on the Shadow Gate soon. Once the chain of command is re-established here I may take the 5th and 7th on a few combat patrols. the Asur will be surprised to see an escalation on their southern front. Plus, I could use a good fight to relieve some tension before I return to Wrath Gate.

I will send hunting parties out after her. Perhaps seeing her brought back draped lifeless over the saddle of a Dark Rider would put me at ease. Hopefully it will stop this relentless self-questioning.

Hopefully it will help me believe all the words I have just written.

K
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

Lord Diemozel of House Kith,

I am sorry to say this, but my camp has been assaulted and routed. Lord Darkblade has been injured, and I fear for how long he might live. My Hydra has been killed by those Asur scum. My newly aquired Dragon is dying from the magical barrage unleashed on it. All of my beasts, aside from the Cold Ones, have been killed or grievly injured. I myself am healing from the barrage.
The enemy sent 7 mages to the outskirts of Dictator Pass, 3 of which were apparantly Archmages. From afar, they started ruining our magical weapons, and then they all went together and summoned a comet to shatter our camp. My wife, Liantara, a High Sorceress, died stopping the Comet from hitting my camp and killing all the soldiers. They sent groups of Shadow Warriors into the pens and poisoned the Hydra, and the Dragon aswell.
We tried to stike back, but the spearmen were set aflame by those retched mages. We finally took them down when I took the Ring of Hotek from my Second's dead fingers, and with my daughter sorceress's help enlarged the field to encompass the pass itself. Then my personal Assassin routed them along with the Shades help, and brought them back. I have fed all of the lesser mages to my dying dragon for revenge, and the 3 Archmages are in cages waiting for your personal interrogation.

I am most sorry for this grievious loss, and I myself have lost a third of my family, but we must fight on. I await your arrival, and hope it is soon, for we have glimpsed another Asur army coming towards us, and we will not, I repeat, will NOT survive another attack without aid.
I have once again called for a summoning of troops from Ruined Falls, but by doing this, the whole city marches to war. The lives of 1500 Druchii are at stake here, and 5000 more on the way, so please help us fight this battle out.
For Khaine, and his all powerful bieng,

Lord General Antelioch Makshoui, Ruined Falls 1st, now 2nd and 3rd brigades, "Fallen Waves", "Raving Falls" and "Hydra Battalion"
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

** a shade arrives carrying this note **

To Lord General Antelioch Maksoui
Ruined Falls Brigade, Dictator Pass

You will be pleased to hear that The Black Lotus 1st caught the enemy unawares last night. Your depletion of their Shadow Warriors must have been more effective than you thought. They walked directly into our ambush and were taken completely by surprise. We attacked a force twice our size and managed to deliver as good as we got.

General Kala mentioned that high-ranking Asur prisoners would be best handled by Mistress Ki, our chief interrogator. If you like, I will gladly transport them back to the Gate. However, she did not leave this as a standing order. I’m sure the General would not mind if you wanted to use them for the recreation of your troops. I know that the agony of an enemy can bolster the morale of any Druchii force. But if you wish them interrogated then ensure that they are properly bound and gagged using spellcaster protocols.

Be warned that there are at least two other Asur mages operating in the Pass. Our forces did not manage to kill them off, as we were concentrating on the combat officers.

We should arrive at your camp by nightfall. We must return to the Gate before we can offer more support. We rode out fast and light and must get ammunition and supplies. If you are still pressed for numbers, send word to Duke Tularc at the Gate and he will send several units of Kala’s honor guard from Har Ganeth.

Death to all who oppose us!
Lord Deimozael of House Kith
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Colonel Karelon Lengoth Melphular
Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate

I write you ensure that you are informed of our success. Yesterday evening we engaged the last remnants of Prince Lothanryll’s forces. The Daemonettes were exceptionally effective. General Kala’s master strategy of allowing the daemons to take the brunt of the casualties is beginning to bear fruit. The victory was only a minor one, but only a handful of Druchii were lost compared to scores of Asur. Few escaped to the safety of the 6th Gate. However, the daemons are badly depleted and we must return to the Sorceresses at the Wrath Gate to have them re-summoned.

Be advised that there was no contact at all with any Brettonian troops, neither command, elite, nor levy. Their disposition is unknown even to our winged scouts.

Our paths may have been crossed, as we have yet to rendezvous with your force. We will await your arrival until dawn, and then we must make way back to the Wrath Gate. The 23rd is still strong, but I dare not wait any longer so near to the Shadow Gate encampment without reinforcements. We took a considerable loss not two weeks ago and I do not wish to engage Aravar and Aseiar again without a daemonic screen.

In the event that we do not meet, Lord Colonel, please place that bottle of wine aside. I have a preference for mulled sweet wines and I am certain that we can enjoy it upon another occasion.

Death to the Asur!
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

***a noble on a Dark Pegasus arrives with this message***

Duke Tularc,

Lord Diemozel has entrusted me with the command of 3 units of General Kala's honour guard. My forces are pressed, and it will be another 3 days until rienforcements arrive to bolster Dictator Pass's defence. Without those units, we are surly doomed. Please dispatch immediatly. Also, I have sent two captured enemy mages for Mistress Ki to interrogate. Extract any information you can from these wretches, and then if you would, send them to Dicator Pass. May Khaine bring his righteous fury down upon these silly Asur,

Lord General Antelioch Makshoui, Ruined Falls 1st Brigade "Fallen Waves"
Carron
Warrior

Post by Carron »

*Mysterious letter found on table*

To General Kala Commander in Chief of all Forces of Wrath Gate etc.

General in accordace with your wishes to report any strnge activities within my sector I submit the following report.

Two days ago while on patrol me and my men came across an Asur scouting party of ten men. As it had been over three weeks since our last sighting of hostile forces we surrounded them quickly and killed them all with no loses of our own.

However examinig the corpses raised several qustions. They were heavy Infantry not at all suited to this sort of misson, they were carrying a weeks worth of supplies each as well as a detailed map of the Forest of Arnheim and Petrified Forest area.

Since that incident we have found no more Asur but many of their tracks, all leading to the Petrified Forest. From the number of tracks I can estimate their number at over 500, yet their is no way of telling since when these movements started and how long they will last.

I have therefore decided to leave all of my men under the command of my second to continue the patrol of the mountain passes, while I will lead a picked group of my shades into the heart of Petrified Forest. Should my search prove useless I shall return to my men, continue my patrol and report to you.

However should I discover the cause of these Asur movements I shall let you General decide wheter you wish us to continue to observe or to make or presence felt?

Your humble and loyal servant,
Bloodshade Qual'en
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

***Herald on a Dark Steed arrives with Message***

To Lord General Antelioch Makshoui, Ruined Falls 1st Brigade

Sir, Upon Recieving your message i dispatched the Forces you Requested at once. the Interogation will take sometime however but as soon as it is complete i shall send word. My Lady Vraneth Has now sucficantly recovered from the labours of Sealing the Gates. I am Sure that it will be she not i that sends you your next dispatch.

Regards Duke Tualarc.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

15 November (Karelon)
Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate

Lord General Kala

We have begun construction of a permanent fortification to guard the Maibd Pass. A temporary watchtower is now ready and manned.

We regret to report that while the Asur army in the pass has been destroyed, the Bretonnian regiment that survived our last battle has vanished. Lord Phobozael of House Kith reported that when he encountered the remains of the Asur army there was no sign of the Bretonnians. As there has been no sign of a Bretonnian sorceress before, I have to wonder how they managed this vanishing act? I have ordered extended patrols of the Pass, especially the cliff walls. Heavy cavalry leave distinctive trails; we will find how they have left the Pass.

Three additional battalions have just arrived from the Southwestern March. We now have four and one-half battalions ready for battle. The remaining seven battalions are in various stages of rest and recovery from the battles fought in the past two weeks. I am putting them to work building the fortifications and roads needed to safeguard the Pass. Asur and Bretonnian captives are doing the heavy work. After I have finished the construction here, I will be sending them to market.

Please accept the case of Caledorian wine as my gift of respect for your accomplishments in the war. I hope you enjoy it. It came from Prince Prince Lothanryll’s home vineyards. He no longer has any use for it.

The command here now consists of myself, Colonel Lady Helynirthel Zeeljruit of the Black City Jhunlelessra and Colonel Saurl Kherida of the Citadel Territorial Army (my Father’s command). We have worked out our relationships and I am accepted as the commander of all Druchii forces in the Pass. Colonel Helynirthel is responsible for training and personnel. I am finding Colonel Helynirthel to be very good at motivating warriors; her tongue is sharper then her whip. Colonel Saurl is responsible for intelligence operations and base security. I have overall responsibility for logistics and field operations.

Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate

Note for Lord Phobozael of House Kith:
I am keeping one bottle of that wine for when we meet.
Karelon
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

15 Nov

I am noticing several faces within the 7th Division that disappeared with Xaniphera a few days back. They seem to have re-appeared and resumed their duties as if nothing had happened. They are obviously spies, but I can’t afford to kill them just yet. There is a delicate balance that I am playing here. I can’t purge Slaaneshi troops without consequence. But I trust my officers in the 7th save for a few. I will have Commander Rechavia place her lower ranks under a subtle watch.

In fact, they may even play to my benefit. I could feed misinformation to the enemy. I know that Xaniphera is planning something. I can smell it on the wind like her cheap perfume. I have seen that look that she gave me on the faces of dozens of schemers in Naggarond. I have no doubt that she is working dilligently toward my demise.

I should have killed her when I had the chance.

Despite the plague of Xaniphera, all is not bleak. The Wrath gate remains secure in my absence. Maibd Pass is bottled up tightly. Lord Melphular has actually begun construction of additional fortifications. He has also resolved his difficulties with the command of the Black Cities forces. Lord General Makshoui has had variable fortune, but still holds Dictator Pass in an iron grip. My honor guard has been sent to reinforce his losses and the brothers of House Kith are supporting his actions.

Lady Vraneth has also apparently revived from her weakened state. I am at odds as to whether or not to offer her high command of the Wrath Gate in my absence. She is certainly competent. A position of strategic importance may temper that raw competence into something worthy (as it has with Karelon Lengoth). But she doesn’t have experience and may not get the respect she must have as a high commander. Further, I am not certain that I am clear on what will happen if she were to fail. If the Wrath Gate is taken again, I will have to throw her off the highest parapet. Failure demands no less. But will her brother understand? Perhaps the solution is as simple as writing to Lord Vraneth.

A shade has reported some odd activities just north of here. Small groups of heavily provisioned Asur? It seems like it might be harmless prospecting but I am not going to take that chance.

K
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

*a message arrives deep in the forest tied to the foot of a trained raven*

Bloodshade Qual'en

Greetings and Well Met,

I am grateful for your observations. They are curious and merit the attention that you have paid to them.

It is a possibility that our cousins are merely prospecting, exploring, or adventuring. The Petrified Forests are still not thoroughly charted. I have no intelligence to indicate any serious enemy interest in the Petrified Forests or the Southern Forests of Arnheim. However, I have found that not underestimating small things is a wise policy when dealing with the Asur. Your vigilance may be the very intelligence that justifies that maxim.

Remain unseen as I know only a Shade can. If you discover anything out of ordinary report it to me as you see fit. Remember that the least significant bit information can be the key that unlocks far greater things.

If you are in need of support by a strike force, you may call upon the Black Lotus 5th and 7th Divisions who are encamped to the southwest. I will also begin sending warbands on Wide Patrol through the Petrified Forest. You may direct any correspondence or requests to the commanders of that camp.

May shadows ever cloak you until it is too late,
General Kala Kodai Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

Bloodshade arrives with this letter:

Dear General Kala,

Traitors! In your absence, I have noticed a group of traitors growing in our ranks. I have rooted out the Slaaneshi traitors in my army by feeding their regiment to the asur, but they died fighting. Also, Lord Darkblade is all cured, thanks to his potion. But sorry to say, he can only go two weeks with its affect, and it is the only thing combating the poison in his body. My Dragon is dead too. The Asur around my parts seem to have devised a most... cunning poison, with magical barriers in it to ward off medicines, it is nearly un-curable. Sad to say, I got hit by one of their poisoned arrows last battle, my medics tell me. Each day, I get worse. I have told my daughter, Kara, to take over in the inevitable event of my death. Also, I am on my way to Wrath Gate, to see if I can a Steed of Shadows to Naggaroth, so the Lord Medics could possibaly cure my illness. Until then, everything should be adressed to: Lady Kara Makshoui, Ruined Falls

This new system of just adressing to "Ruined Falls" is because I had to call upon the whole city to come to war. I will be by your gate in 14 hours, and expect to meet you finally. With all regards to Khaine,

Lord General Antelioch Makshoui, Ruined Falls