Lizardmen don't have their own side!

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Lother
Corsair

Lizardmen don't have their own side!

Post by Lother »

I've seen the lizardmen can post their victories in the southern reaches, but their victories go for the khainists; I wonder if you think that would make the lizards more involved in the campaign :roll: ?

By now, they aren't helping in any way the forces of light (which are supposed to be their allies or at least fighting for the same), but rather fighting against them as their victories go for dark elves, so the dark elven faction can focus on other battle location while the lizards give them their victories.

I know it's supposed the lizardmen and the khainites are allies :shock: ?? :?: :shock: :!: :shock: , but as in the fluff it's said that the khainites would betray their lizard allies if they win, and as the lizards and khainites are two different armies, fighting the cultists in a different front each, I think it should be fair if the lizards have their own colour and side (perhaps dark green); it would be fluffy (now it isn't), fair, would encourage the lizards to play, and would give the forces of light the chance to help their allies with their wins.

Thanks
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

When Druchii fight Druchii, you can't ally with "The Forces of Light" as there isn't any. Lizzies are more prone to seek revenge against the CoS after their raid in Lustria, then to attack the khainites.
I do not really understand what you wanted to say, but the forces of light has close to no involvement in this campaign. Why should they have their own side?

- Nag
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

except for the Asur of course.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

High Elves do not fight for the Forces of Light. High Elves fight to expand their last hold in Naggaroth. They are greedy, never forget that.

- Nag
Lother
Corsair

Post by Lother »

Ehmm... The sixth gate is built inside the colony of Arnhelm, and the wrath gate is the border of that colony and your lands, so all the action in this campaign all the battles are once more inside our lands (Arnhelm is not just a city, it's also the lands that surround it and its border are those mountains the wrath gate is in, I think). Yes, even when you are in a civil war, you are raiding our lands so you don't let us build a fort... and you even say we are greedy!!! what the ...!!! ;)

The idea is that they have their own side, so they fight the cult of pleasure (and are only allowed to fight the cult of pleasure) but they are a different army fighting for their own goals, so the their alliance is more a non-aggression pact than an alliance where they fight alongside (quite strange that the slann doing something like that).
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

The fluff I read (and almost co-wrote) said that Lizzies are not "allied" with Khaine as such. They are just attacking the cult, together with khainites (for best result or whatever).

BTW; I never said Druchii aren't greedy...

- Nag
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

The lizards are allied with the Temple of Khaine against the Cult of Slaanesh. Why? Because lizardmen despise Chaos in all its forms and seek to remove it from the land.

Remember that lizardmen have a benign outlook on many of the races of WFB, viewing them as their children to be protected and disciplined as needs be. Even the dark elves, while being naughty children, are children none-the-less to be protected from Chaos.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Mr k
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mr k »

I agree with that :idea:
Mr K is in the House!!!
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

I agree with Langman and plus they wouldn't attack the temple of khaine since they have done nothing to hurt them whereas the cult of slaanesh have.
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Philleehellphia
Assassin

Post by Philleehellphia »

Eh. Don't matter if I somehow fight for Khaine's side. I just wanna fight CoS. And i bet fluff-wise it would be the same. Yet the lizardmen lust for fighting has expanded a BIT TOO MUCH, i think.
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006

Post by Lother »

I agree the main enemy of Lizardmen is chaos, and that the Khainites aren't chaos followers, but many times they have allied themselves with chaos, the last campaign was a perfect example of this. So I think they would agree with the khainites to target only the cult of pleasure, but they would not trust them enough to ally with them, as they are many times fighting for chaos, and even the full destruction of the cult of pleasure won't we good for lizardmen interests, as it would let the khainites hands free to attack the Empire, high elves and dwarfs and ally with the next chosen of chaos.

Anyway, this was just an idea for getting more lizardmen involved in the fluff, now they had dissapeared from it, perhaps if they get a side they are more willing to fight; of course they getting a side could unbalance the whole campaign if they join in numbers, so it's ok, I know you have thought about this many times before.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

If more Lizardmen fought in the campaign, they would get mentioned in the fluff. The fluff is based on what happens in the campaign, and so far I don't think many lizardmen logs have been posted, if any at all.

- Nag
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Also think of it this way: Why would the lizardmen attack the Khainites? If they had thier own color and faction, then they would be attacking both sides in essence. By logging thier wins for Khaine, it shows the attrition being taken by the COP by the combined attacks of two adversaries. The undead in the area Aren't singling out any faction like the Lizardmen, but slaying anything that they can find.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Goblintinker
Slave on the Altar

Post by Goblintinker »

Meh. I personally think that once the CoS was defeated the Lizzies and ToK should have been able to duke it out.
Wood Elves are the rednecks of the Warhammer world. They shoot you if you wander onto their property!

FOR HASHUT!
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

lizardmen are on no ones side they are ment to just protect their old ones against the chaos as they are not a race of any campaingns. they only started on us druchii coz we nicked some of their old ones belongings. they wont attack unless they are attacked
...Well thats the end of my post