Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

A thought about tactics

Post by Imdat tauble »

Hi,

I was looking at the thread "Time to get the strategy hat on!" and I was thinking: have we really given our members the chance to get really tactically organised? I'm not just talking about against the HE, but even between the ToK and CoP, there's no real organisation. Unlike the SoC, we have no forums where people are discussing the tactics for each side, no-one trying to figure out the mechanics, nothing.

Now obviously the people who are running the campaign can't do this, but IMO its a great opportunity for those who aren't in the upper echelons to get more involved in the site. By no means should we let people involved in the management get involved in tactics coz that's just unfair, but we should at least allow the general public to get organised. The fact that we haven't may be one of the reasons that the HE are handing our asses to us (not the only reason obviously, but one of them). Asur.org is organised - they probably have a hidden forum where they organise battle strats etc., and very simply, I think we should allow ourselves the same opportunities.

Thoughts?
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Re: A thought about tactics

Post by Langmann »

Imdat Tauble wrote:By no means should we let people involved in the management get involved in tactics coz that's just unfair, but we should at least allow the general public to get organised. Thoughts?

No one except Jeff Leong, Underway and I know about the specific mechanics of the campaign. While some of the admins have access to this forum, I am trusting them not to look, an honor based system. It should work as people here are all mature.

This means that by all means the management of the site CAN and SHOULD get involved in trying to figure out the mechanics, strategy etc!

Maybe you can start that up, or get them organized at least, or get someone else prominent in the site to get it organized? It would really help move things along. Perhaps also a group specific forum for people playing for Khaine or Slaanesh?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

haha sorry - I aint back yet - my busiest time is to come (exams start tomorrow). By the time I have enough time to do something properly the campaign will probably be over :(

I think we should do something though - it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity if we don't.